ForumsSupport ForumNew Problems with the Chat

12 3000
ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

Recently I have been experiencing a number of problems with the chatroom. Some of them are glitches, some mistakes, and some design flaws. First off, when I try to log onto the chat, I sometime get sent to *chatroom name* #1, #2, or #3. The rooms are always empty and messages don't show up in them. The second problem involves the warns. If there are enough users active in the chat, users near the bottom of the list cannot be warned. This is because the little pop-up hat appears when you mouse over a username dips below the bottom of the chat, making the warn, block, and message buttons inaccessible. The third problem also involves the warns. There have been a lot of occurences where spammers gang up on moderators and other well intentioned users. I feel that the chatroom needs active moderators with the power to mute and ban ASAP.

• 12 Replies
crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,611 posts
Jester

Your probaly right Tuna it kinda needs to go.There is too much glitches in it.I just hope they get fixed or else just get sent away or something.

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

Well,

There have been a lot of occurences where spammers gang up on moderators and other well intentioned users.

I have not necessarily noticed this lately. It seems like it would be something the younger audience would be into. As for stopping it, that will have to most likely be dealt with what you said next:

I feel that the chat room needs active moderators with the power to mute and ban ASAP.

Well, it is getting very hectic in there, but who wants to sit in a chat room for hours on end moderating childish conversations...

I for one do not. But maybe others are willing. Also, there would then have to be a few supervisors at each ranking...serf, squire, knight..etc etc.
XCoheedX
XCoheedX
922 posts
Scribe

Haha, well they don't just warn mods and people like that. They will warn just about anybody. I like the idea of mods looking at the chats, but maybe there could be different shifts. Every couple hours or so, a mod could switch in.

Also, I have also seen those glitches. If you refresh the page, the same thing happens. This chat is becoming more of a probalem, but it isn't unfixable yet!

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

There's also a crazy person that keeps claiming to be a mod, even after real mods have told him that he isn't. It's getting on my nerves :/

LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

This was always what people brought up when we were lobbying for a chatroom, well they were right, I agree that we need supervisors for each level. I myself would join, but there has been a lot of problems I witnessed a vocal attack on a guy just because he entered the chatroom. it's really bad in there.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

It sure is :/ I used to get insulted all the time in there, it's hard work gaining respect, but it can be done. I just hope that whatever happens happens soon, the chatroom is attracting all kinds of people AG doesn't want.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
922 posts
Scribe

Haha, I am not sure if you can get respect from these kind of people. They only come on to this site to chat and insult people for no reason. I issue a challenge!~
If you can get a screenshot of 5 people saying they respect you, I will give in, but I highly doubt it! Haha

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

In the context of this chatroom, I define being "respected" as not being openly insulted by more than two people. On average.

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,192 posts
Herald

It's too bad we can't trust users to use the chat respectfully.

You make it sound as if all users can't use it respectfully! It's not nearly all of us, but just those crazy little spammer kids who need to go find some other kind of thing to do!
John
John
344 posts
Nomad

Like most people in this thread said, we are working on it. It's too bad we can't trust users to use the chat respectfully.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

Better in the chat than in the forums...

armorgold
armorgold
273 posts
Nomad

ya i help people in tha chat too.

Showing 1-12 of 12