ForumsThe TavernWhich languages do you speak?

221 34673
RyanNC
RyanNC
53 posts
Shepherd

How many languages do you speak and which ones? I only speak English but am studying Spanish so I could sustain a conversation for fun. Please post! The results should be interesting...

• 221 Replies
Badbls
Badbls
26 posts
Nomad

English ....
But i can count to 10 in spanish and understand sentences writen in it

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I am totes trilingual.
[quote]

You forgot the speaking part.

I speak English. That's it, but not for long.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

*facepalm*

I am totes trilingual.

You forgot the speaking part.

I speak English. That's it, but not for long. I have a conversational understanding of Filipino, but that's not speaking.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Oh, I left out of my previous post:

Next school year I might take German. So that's another language that I'll be able to speak if I do it.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I also speak HTML, CSS, Javascript, AS3 and 1337

Badbls
Badbls
26 posts
Nomad

Wow all my school has is spanish and french.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I also speak HTML, CSS, Javascript, AS3 and 1337

OP should have made a better distinction between programming languages and spoken ones.

I speak Esperanto by the way. Not really.
TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

I speak fluent English and Hebrew, and Im in middle of learning spanish.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Im in middle of learning spanish.

Spanish is rather easy to learn, most American students in a Spanish class that I took a while back learned it easily. I only joined that class for the extra credit, I already know Spanish, so I knew it was going to be an easy A.

Then Spanish and Italian are very similar languages, so it isn't difficult to learn that one either.
kingjac11
kingjac11
2,597 posts
Nomad

I speak English,French,Spanish,German,Irish and Italian.I am currently learning Japanese.Like Ghost said Spanish and Italian are easy to learn.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,612 posts
Peasant

I speak Italian well and I can write and read in English pretty well, but I suck when it comes to pronunciation/listening. Then I know Latin and a little French but just what I learned at school.

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
991 posts
Nomad

I'm pretty much finished with learning Spanish, it was pretty easy too.
And I speak English obviously. :3

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

lol i forgot to say i can also read arabic and most europian languages (i spelled that wrong didnt i? XD)

deathopper
deathopper
1,564 posts
Nomad

I know English, French (je peux parler et ecrire dans le Francais) and currently learning Arabic (hard as hell by the way). I can speak more or less fluently in Arabic and understand it both in the normal version of it (there is two deferent ways to speak in Arabic classic and normal talk and different dialects of the normal version depending on region). Writing and reading is still being learned.

Planning om learning German, because I might want to live in Germany later in my life.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Say, deathopper, was your first language French?

Because I remember you saying somewhere that English wasn't your first language.

Anyway, I don't speak anything other than English. Since I live in Southern California, it would be useful for me to learn Spanish, and that's what I'll probably be starting my sophomore year.

I may also try and learn Tagalog/Filipino, since, well, I'm FIlipino.

Showing 16-30 of 221