ForumsThe TavernI got Hacked - Good Free Antivirus Programs

20 4665
iTrojans
iTrojans
296 posts
Nomad

Yesterday night I got hacked and I have some trojans and I don't know how to kill them. This is a problem that needs to be dealt with ASAP.

Please any info is wanted on anything you know about viruses.

• 20 Replies
iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

I have some trojans and I don't know how to kill them.

With Spartans.

Anyways, I use Avira anti-virus, and it's worked alright for me so far. Dunno how much of it was because of the anti-virus and how much was luck, though.
d_dude
d_dude
3,523 posts
Peasant

AVG. It is your savior. I'm pretty sure it's free. Or at least there's a version of it that is free.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

If you have a Mac, use this.

It works really well, and it is free. But to upgrade you need to pay, but you don't need to upgrade.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I use Avira too.

I think it's pretty good, because one time, I got rid of a virus (by myself) with the help of it.

*extremely proud*

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

If you have a Mac, use this.

No such thing as trojans on a mac.

Hehehe itrojans got trojans.

On an on topic note, why aren't they affecting your computer now?
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

He maybe using a different computer?

If he can't use the computer without the virus affecting it, then he can't install the antivirus program. Unless this is possible in windows safe mode.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

What website were you on when you got 'hacked'?

If I were you then I'd instal AVG, yes there's a free version of it. Then I'd use Firefox or Google Chrome because those web browsers have the most security, then go look for security add-ons with the browser.

I'm using Firefox and I have several security add-ons. I also use AVG anti-virus.

iTrojans
iTrojans
296 posts
Nomad

I was on AG when it happened, I was going through the games and it popped up.

Nothing seems to be the matter now.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Well you dont want to get a Anti Virus program, they dont remove trojans or malware. Maybe try Spybot or Ad-aware. They both come off Download.com for free. Might as well try it. Also, check and see if Windows firewall is on (if you use windows).

indie55
indie55
608 posts
Nomad

On an on topic note, why aren't they affecting your computer now?

Because that's not how they work.
Peggster
Peggster
483 posts
Nomad

I was on AG when it happened, I was going through the games and it popped up.

Nothing seems to be the matter now.

Generally; Trojans are just used for key logging and for the person who put the Trojan there to be able to view any private information such as passwords, login names, etc. Normally, it is not actually apparent that the Trojan is there or in effect.
celestialenigma
celestialenigma
11 posts
Peasant

I use AVG running in the background. If I suspect I have a virus (mostly if I accidentally went somewhere suspicious) I bring up Malware Bytes to scan afterward. I have ad-aware running to help just in case. I also use Winpatrol. It alerts me of any new program changes (I use it mainly to help organize start up programs, but it has added security benefits as well). Getting them for your computer won't hurt at least.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

Hehehe itrojans got trojans.

Lol. =P

Oh yeah... but iAntiVirus is still good against spyware,worms etc...
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Well if you try other stuff and you can't do anything to it, I'd recommend following your computers 'reload' procedure: Follow the manual instructions to find out how to do that. You should have a selection of about 10 autosaves to choose from. Pick the one with a timecode of a few days before you clicked something that caused the infection. It should wipe everything that happened since then, which sucks, but if it's what you need to do, do it.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

AVG or Avast are both good free antivirus programs.

Showing 1-15 of 20