829 posts
Nomad

What do you think of Nintendo?

• 52 Replies
KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Old school nintendo was bomb. I don't really like the direction they've been taking.

Do you mean the Wii direction or the Wii U/3DS direction they've been taking recently? The two are very different.

Agreed, nintendo is doing quite well in the handheld market with their latest addition of the 3DS

Not only is the 3DS being outsold by the PSP in Japan, Nintendo has also said that the 3DS hasn't met their sales expectations.

As well as the new Wii being released in the future. I think Nintendo is going quite well. I agree with you as well.

The company has actually been in decline ever since Wii U and 3DS. Nintendo stock is back to pre-Wii levels.

it was great at the beginning but now they need better graphics to keep up or else they could b done

Except that the Wii massively outsold the competition regardless of graphics.

There main costumers are that of ages younger or older. Say 10 and under. 40 and over, mainly because it can be a good workout for older folks, plus kids younger than 10 aren't going to be playing xbox or ps3 and shooting zombies in multiplayer mode, they'll prob be playing Mario on wii.

Not quite. What everyone seems to confuse is that the Wii has no target audience in the first place, seeing that there's different games for all sorts of people. However, it is true that a lot of Wii marketing went to making the console attractive to non-gamers.

And considering that the cliche of "12 year olds playing shooters" is still going around the net, that's a bit of a faulty argument.

1) Nintendo is incredible for creating family fun and party appropriate games and systems. I'm going into 10th grade and can still honestly say that my friends and I enjoy games like MarioKart, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Boom Blox.

I can't help but notice you didn't list Wii-exclusive franchises/games made by Nintendo (like Wii Sports). Boom Blox isn't a Nintendo game xP

2) The creativity of the company is astounding. It's fictional story lines and settings like the ones found in The Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, and Super Mario Galaxy are thoroughly engaging. Every time a new game comes out, I get excited for two main things: the story and the music.

So you're excited for new stories, but praise the three franchises that don't really have much in the way of story? Or atleast, that don't exactly have different plots.

3) Which leads me to my next point. Each of Nintendo's games is accompanied by a great (at the very least) sound track. I think that music is an incredibly important part of video games, and Nintendo never fails to fill that part sufficiently.

True, but that also goes for other, Non-Nintendo games.

Nintendo always seems to be cooking up something new and original.

Certainly not in the way of new IPs

It came up first with a system devoted to motion-gaming technology (the Wii), I believe

Which the company itself has massively underused in it's near 5 year console life.

1) Though Nintendo pioneers new ways to make games more engrossing for the player, it seems to leave out other important advancements. For example, many agree that from the GameCube to the Wii, few improvements to the graphics and games themselves were made of the system. I like going back and playing many GameCube games because, well, some of them are flat out better than the Wii's games.

Graphics aren't important advancements. At all. If they were, the Wii wouldn't have sold so much compared to the competition.

But honestly, I don't get your point here. First you say "The creativity of the company is astounding." and then turn around and say they didn't do many improvements to the games? :S

Wii Sports alone is a massive change from the companies previous direction and games.

Besides, you haven't mentioned what makes some Gamecube games "better" than Wii games.
xXKashitoXx
xXKashitoXx
829 posts
Nomad

Nintendo is incredible for creating family fun and party appropriate games and systems. I'm going into 10th grade and can still honestly say that my friends and I enjoy games like MarioKart, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Boom Blox.

Yes, these games are nice because it creates family fun. I agree with you.
xXKashitoXx
xXKashitoXx
829 posts
Nomad

I wonder when the Wii U will be released. It sounds like a great system worth buying.

hazanator
hazanator
33 posts
Nomad

nintendo make some good games but wii sucks **** he only advantage is spyro cod and all that coz its the newest

Yoshi8521
Yoshi8521
129 posts
Nomad

Nintendo is an awesome company. They made the classics such as Mario. After starting as a card selling company, they have become huge. They brought us some of the first video game systems. And now they just keep pouring out new stuff. They are awesome.

Marius2323
Marius2323
199 posts
Nomad

Nintendo, i love it so. OK, the graphics aren't the best, but does it matter? No! The point of Nintendo's all about: gameplay!
I mean, what would you rather:
a game with beautifull graphics and a story mode of a half a hour,
or a very addictive just simple minigame?
Not that Nintendo have no stories in their games, just look to The Legend of Zelda.

Ninjapirate1234
Ninjapirate1234
28 posts
Blacksmith

Nintendo, even the NES and the SNES were amazing those games were the building blocks for the games we have now. They created the most famous video game character.

Showing 46-52 of 52