ForumsNews and FeedbackLive Chat Suggestion

504 163072
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

To avoid so many duplicate threads, please place your ideas and thoughts on a live chat system here.

Initially, we weren't going to do a live chat, but enough users asked for it that Dan has agreed, and we'll add a live chat to the system AFTER we launch AG3. It will NOT be part of the AG3 launch.

Ideas that others have suggested:
- custom channels
- password-protected channels
- kick/ban controls
- moderation controls
- report a user

We don't know yet if the chat will be Flash based, Java based, or something else.

• 504 Replies
MistySmoker
MistySmoker
11 posts
Nomad

There should be an option kind of like on Xbox live where if someone is spamming/trolling, members of the chat room have the option to vote to kick him out, therefore getting rid of the immature person, even if they did create the room. Then the chat room could simply go to someone else. Banning should only be done by admins.

Zeus01
Zeus01
37 posts
Nomad

they should have sensors for bad words so instead of the letters they put a * and the player should get warned and kicked from that chatroom

Zeus01
Zeus01
37 posts
Nomad

also a whisper where you can whisper to players

AcaNintendo
AcaNintendo
11 posts
Nomad

live chat will be great

mysteryguy90
mysteryguy90
23 posts
Nomad

@Zeus01
Isn't a whisper the same like a voice box or video chatting?

eelephants
eelephants
23 posts
Nomad

They're two different things

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

Private rooms seem like a nice idea.

Live, private chats? Do you know how difficult that would be to moderate, not to mention the severity of the lag of having live chat pages strewn all over the place?

If you want an exclusive, private chat, you can make your own using programs such as xat or tinychat and not have to worry about having little to no control of your surroundings.
killerplayah
killerplayah
7 posts
Nomad

live chat would realy help get alot of people talking and tell them what to do and play as this well allow armor games to be more interactive

Klaitzburg666
Klaitzburg666
21 posts
Nomad

the chat sounds good, but only with friends , i like that

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

the chat sounds good, but only with friends , i like that

Too many live chats would lag the hell out of the site. Does nobody seem to understand this?

When you say "with friends", do you mean just a 1-on-1 chat between two people? I don't see the point of this if there's already going to be a private messaging system. Making it live would just make it much more difficult to moderate (and it would lag the hell out of the site).
DrBiscotti
DrBiscotti
3 posts
Nomad

A chat under every game will be epic. (Sorry for my english, i'm italian)

PsyhcoWalrus
PsyhcoWalrus
40 posts
Nomad

I like the idea of being able to chat while playing games. Not many sites have this feature and I'm sure it will bring in more users to the site. After all, if you do put in chatrooms, they should be public and if users want to go to the same chatroom as their friend, it should display which chatroom they're in and allow you to click into a link that will take you to their chatroom. I'm excited for the new site update too. It'll make Armour Games even better than it's already been. Maybe more avatars too.

Naoto1994
Naoto1994
19 posts
Nomad

If a chat system is to be implemented, I think that there should be two types of chat rooms:

1) Chat Rooms created by AG for public access, like say a "Town Square" in a game. Of course, since it's public, the amount of users will be overwhelming, so since the purpose of it would be to just chat to random people, there should be a system that divides the users into separate limited chat rooms in a randomized way. A user should also have the options to rotate through available "rooms" if they desire. These should have at least some AG appointed chat moderators to monitor most of the activity. And last, but not least, a report abuse system as well.

2) Private Chat Rooms, created by users to have 1 on 1 chats or group chats between friends. These should have a certain maximum capacity and a way to report abuses. I believe that these private chat rooms should have a password system if desired by the user or an invite-only option.

Toilet1
Toilet1
62 posts
Nomad

is this chat gonna be like the one on the old armorgames? if so that would be nice. i would enjoy a party chat like xbox has where you can chat with only a specific group of people. and a private chat where you can only talk to one other person during games so you dont have to spend all of your time in the chat room.

themarty
themarty
1 posts
Nomad

this adie is cool am love this sait forl liva chat is amameizng for this sait is my fervoryte for my sait play list

Showing 316-330 of 504