ForumsNews and FeedbackLive Chat Suggestion

504 162813
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

To avoid so many duplicate threads, please place your ideas and thoughts on a live chat system here.

Initially, we weren't going to do a live chat, but enough users asked for it that Dan has agreed, and we'll add a live chat to the system AFTER we launch AG3. It will NOT be part of the AG3 launch.

Ideas that others have suggested:
- custom channels
- password-protected channels
- kick/ban controls
- moderation controls
- report a user

We don't know yet if the chat will be Flash based, Java based, or something else.

• 504 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Well, from my testing of it in closed beta I blocked someone I knew and he couldn't send me anything via profiles. I would expect that being the same way on a chat. When you ignore/block someone on a site it completely blocks them.

eelephants
eelephants
23 posts
Nomad

[quote]I think that Armorgames should DEFINITELY have a public chat. I think a good chat channel is supported by gamesurge, its free to make, and you get a few chatbots with it so the moderators/administrators can easily kick, ban, etc...

There should be private one's too for someone who wants to discuss something with only one other person.

eelephants
eelephants
23 posts
Nomad

Sorry I keep putting them all in quotes. I don't know why I keep doing that.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

There should be private one's too for someone who wants to discuss something with only one other person.

They probably are going to include a private message feature for the chats since they are on the profiles as well, but they most likely won't have private group chats. Too much of a hassle to maintain those.
starraider15
starraider15
25 posts
Nomad

the chatrooms should be run by armorgames and ave system like facebooks but for more than 1-on-1 chat like its should be open to members of armor games but i also have a question aside from chatrooms:there should be a messaging system an game invite system for multiplayer games

GunWrath
GunWrath
9 posts
Nomad

That will be great. Glad AG has decided to do this, good job guys!

BoredMartian
BoredMartian
676 posts
Nomad

I think the chat idea is pretty good. With the report a user, and maybe a mod on there, and it could be pretty good. I think it will take a lot of the people who think the threads are chat rooms out.

ova9000
ova9000
88 posts
Nomad

ya about v3 where are the comments under the games?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

ya about v3 where are the comments under the games?

Not transferred yet?
All the user date and interaction will most likely be transferred around the time of the launch (if they don't delete it all... Oh I hope they will delete it all).
But that has nothing to do with the chat, since the game comments are not a chat, and if you do use it as such, you get in trouble.
VMNA
VMNA
11 posts
Nomad

Maybe it automaticaly bannes spamers , or , we can create chat rooms and the creator has the power to bann anyone . Just saying

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Both of those ideas have been rejected. And come on, they aren't going to give users the ability to ban people, or even do anything to them. The only thing we'll have is the flag button and being able to report them to a moderator.

lpeterson
lpeterson
2 posts
Nomad

wahjyv mPS

Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

^^^ Really now?
It would definitely be nice to have a chat so I dont have to go to xat which rarely works for me anyways.
I think it would be a good idea if the creator of the chat room could just eject members that are causing problems, or have a permission button so the creator chooses who is allowed.
Idk, just an idea.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I think it would be a good idea if the creator of the chat room could just eject members that are causing problems, or have a permission button so the creator chooses who is allowed.

It's been stated several times now that users will not be creating the chat rooms nor will they have the ability to do anything like that. The administrators are obviously going to create them, and the moderators will have to look over them. The most we'll have is a report button that signals the moderators.
hamminnattor
hamminnattor
5 posts
Nomad

yea a shout box would be good, but like have a button for it so its not always on your screen bugging the crap out of you. Like have it to where if you need help on something you press the button and it brings it up (with out refreshing the page) so that you dont lose your progress and you get what you need.

Showing 286-300 of 504