The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesExit Path 2 Tournament

342 64711
Zultimategamer2000
Zultimategamer2000
430 posts
Nomad

Okay, well as we all know, Exit Path 2 is going to be released. Since we now have confirmation from John that there will be private rooms, I think that a tournament is in order since so many people have been wanting to do that.

This tournament will be set 3 days after the official game(not the beta) is released. That way we can get to know the stages a little first. So expect this to happen around the July-August area.

Number of participants will depend on how many people apply. I plan for this not to be more than about 64 or 128 people, so if more than that apply(unlikely), I will simply do a first come first served basis.

Here are the rules to enter:

1. You must have played at last 1,000 matches on the original Exit Path.
2. You must sign up on here by simply stating you want to enter.
3. When you sign up, post your stats (meaning matches,wins, etc.) so I know that you have at least 1,000 matches
, and your win %from Exit Path(original) will determine your seeding, much like in a professional sports league.

As for racing rules, I can't post many right now because we don't really know the gameplay yet.
The only rules right now is that the rooms will be 4 people each.
Also, those who were given access to the beta will be put into the same 1st round mtaches whenever possible because those who playd the beta will have an unfair advantage over those who did not.

How to advance to next round:
Each room will play 25 races, with the 2 plyers with the most wins will advance to the next round.
This will continue until we are down to only 2 players remaining, where the 2 will play 1 final round of 15 races.

Also, Epicness raised a point to me that might be interesting that if maybe a mod. or admin. agrees, maybe the winner of the tournament will get a merit. Keep in mind this is not for sure, just a thought.

Thank you for reading all this(if you were crazy enough to read all this), and please enter.

• 342 Replies
epicness
epicness
349 posts
Nomad

but i personally think that its impossible to know who the best player is...but a tourney would be fun :P

Malkoir
Malkoir
156 posts
Nomad

I will join!
I have played 10,000+ games, you should know that Z.
My win percent was like 93.

jackoo8080
jackoo8080
452 posts
Nomad

Yes, I read the whole thing and you know that people could do tricks and practicing with others and letting other people win for fun? I played almost 4k games and won almost 2k games. I'll join.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

Yes, I read the whole thing and you know that people could do tricks and practicing with others and letting other people win for fun? I played almost 4k games and won almost 2k games. I'll join.

if people want to practice tricks they dont have to enter right?

anyway i wna to enter but i think you have to change all that stat things. many peoples data got deleted so many times. mine got delted 4 times so i stopped playing with my name. obviously i have less then 1000 matches. does that mean i cant join? and if i can id probably also have a really high ratio. you have to do something different. also just to make sure you know the maximum players of one room will be 6 (maybe even more)

anyway i hope i can join even though i cannt post any stats
GhostOfZero
GhostOfZero
29 posts
Peasant

Nice post z. Looks like you've thought the framework out. I'm glad you're taking the initiative
15,462 Matches
11,916 Wins
@ 77%

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Haha I'd join just for the heck of it, but the game deleted my old stats so I suppose I no longer qualify xD

Though I remember that my % was somewhere around 60%

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

awww it wouldnt be fair to not let those who dont have their old data anymore

Faithpath
Faithpath
103 posts
Nomad

I would like to participate:

(13,287 Wins / 21,426 Matches)*100 = ca. 62% W/M

1k Games is honestly easy played out in a couple month. The release of EP2 will take at least that time. It would be fair if you leave players time to join shortly until release of EP2. Also I vote for letting guests participate. So great Players like darwin37, Vovan, Wezz,... can be in it.
Faith lost

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

awww it wouldnt be fair to not let those who dont have their old data anymore

Well it's really Z's decision ;P

Though one issue I have, is that the Beta testers will have a very obvious advantage against people that didn't get an invitation. Maybe make 2 seperate Tournament groups (Beta/Non-Beta) and the winners of each group fight in the finals? Seems like a good solution.
johnmerz
johnmerz
536 posts
Shepherd

I am currently on the low side for my win ratio:
(1,160/2,392)=48.49498. I am kind of on the low side with my win ratio. BTW, your qualifications call for at least 1,000 matches, but I am have over 1,000 wins. I know many people have that many, I just wanted to point that out.

GhostOfPain
GhostOfPain
97 posts
Nomad

Uff.
already talked with Est abou it months ago, but there are very problems.
about finding another one.. about the time.
When it's 12 am here it is 4am in usa. :/
so it won't be easy though.

But if you can find any solutions, i will be in in the tournament.

13090 matches / 9544 wins.
73 %

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

You could easily have certain rounds simultanously, and over several days. Doesn't have to be all in one go ;P

epicness
epicness
349 posts
Nomad

uh Z what if your like me and you had a good win ratio but you destroyed it doing tricks...?also will the tourney be held on the weekend?or weekday?

GhostOfPain
GhostOfPain
97 posts
Nomad

You could easily have certain rounds simultanously, and over several days.

won't be a problem, but what about all the timezones? :S
GhostOfZero
GhostOfZero
29 posts
Peasant

We'll all just have to stay at my house for a few days. Bring pizza money.

Showing 1-15 of 342