ForumsForum GamesOld Wild Texas

283 35601
fighter23
fighter23
395 posts
Nomad

It is 1862 and you have arrived in Dallas, Texas. You just couldnât stand New England and its big crowded cities and bitter cold winters. Sometimes you didnât even have enough money and food to keep going on. One day you decided to sell your store and move to the Old West to make something of yourself. You didnât know what; you just wanted to be something. When you finally got to Dallas it finally hit you! You said,â Forget being a store keeper, I want to fight!â Which means to you that you could be one of two things an Outlaw or a Sheriff, but first you would have to prove it to the people. Would you be the Sheriff protecting the citizens, cleaning the streets of evil, or would you be the Outlaw striking fear and hate into the people? It all begins here. All you brought with you is what you packed and that is $200.00 dollars, the clothes youâre wearing, and a Map of Texas.

The nickname is not mandatory.

Character Sheet

Name: First name ânicknameâ last name
Appearance: At least four things
Bio: 3-6 sentences I gave you some of it now just add on
Perk: You can make your own
Traits: One good and one bad*
-----------------------------
Gun:
Melee Weapon: None
Equipment: Map of Texas
Ammo: None
Squad(Sheriff only): None
Gang(Outlaw only): None
Food: None
Money: $200.00
Horse: None
Health: 100%
Hunger: 100%
Stamina: 100%

Reputation is very simple; basically if you want to be a Sheriff you need your Rep to have a positive Rep. If you want to be an Outlaw you want your Rep to be negative. You can raise it or lower it by doing certain good/bad deeds. There is also going to be a neutral deed sometimes. The neutral deed gives you neither positive/negative Rep. You can change from being an Outlaw to a Sheriff or a Sheriff to an Outlaw at anytime by lowering/raising your Reputation.

* You will have to overcome your bad trait and then you can change it to a good trait.

Hope you like it. This is my first one.

• 283 Replies
Tossavainen
Tossavainen
402 posts
Peasant

Name: Gregory "Booze Beard" Pearson
Appearance: Overweight, Big beard, Ragged outfit, And a big face with wrinkles on it.
Bio: Gregory has had a poor and painful life over-all because he grew up in an orphanage and wasn't successful in anything, and usually took the pain away with booze (hence the nick-name). But at one moment he actually got things rolling for a bit, he had a store and everything. But then things only went down again. So, he thought to himself "Well, things really can't go any worse" so he decided to take a try at Texas. Maybe things could work there.
Perk: Survival (has learned to take care of himself)
Traits: Good trait: A Good drinker: Giving him a kind of boost in personality. Bad trait: A really good drinker. If you know what i mean.
Gun:

I hope it's not too late to join, this seems really interesting. And also, Your first RPG? Seriously? This is so well made it's hard to believe.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Name: Jack "Wide Eye" Northrup
Appearance: Thin build, a short 5'3, long grey beard, balding head
Bio: An old prospector who tried to strike it rich when he was in his 40s. When he was 58 he was an unlucky bystander in a bar fight, which injured his left leg and now he limps. He spends his money traveling to where people tell him gold was recently found.
Perk: Keen Eye/ Dead Eye(Good for spotting gold and keeping an eye on potential thieves)
Traits: Greedy, will do almost anything for money, this is also his downside.
Gun: None

(I'm in for the long haul)

fighter23
fighter23
395 posts
Nomad

Appearance: Overweight, Big beard, Ragged outfit, And a big face with wrinkles on it.
Bio: Gregory has had a poor and painful life over-all because he grew up in an orphanage and wasn't successful in anything, and usually took the pain away with booze (hence the nick-name). But at one moment he actually got things rolling for a bit, he had a store and everything. But then things only went down again. So, he thought to himself "Well, things really can't go any worse" so he decided to take a try at Texas. Maybe things could work there.
Traits: Good trait: A Good drinker: Giving him a kind of boost in personality. Bad trait: A really good drinker. If you know what i mean.
Gun:

You arrived in Dallas,Texas as so as you got off the train you saw a welcome sign saying,"Welcome to Dallas,Texas the friendliest place around!" population 100. When you look down at the small town you recognized a some of the buildings: A Bar,Genral Store, An Inn, and a Sheriff Office. When you start to walk foward you see a man. He says to you," Welcome, to Dallas, Texas!"

Here is your first chance to gain some Rep; you could be a friendly person and say,"Hello" or you can tell him something heart-breaking. It's up to you.

Thanks for the compliment.

------------------------------------------------------------

Bio: An old prospector who tried to strike it rich when he was in his 40s. When he was 58 he was an unlucky bystander in a bar fight, which injured his left leg and now he limps. He spends his money traveling to where people tell him gold was recently found.
Perk: Keen Eye/ Dead Eye(Good for spotting gold and keeping an eye on potential thieves)

You arrived in Dallas,Texas as so as you got off the train you saw a welcome sign saying,"Welcome to Dallas,Texas the friendliest place around!" population 100. When you look down at the small town you recognized a some of the buildings: A Bar,Genral Store, An Inn, and a Sheriff Office. When you start to walk foward you see a man. He says to you," Welcome, to Dallas, Texas!"

Here is your first chance to gain some Rep; you could be a friendly person and say,"Hello" or you can tell him something heart-breaking. It's up to you.

Tossavainen
Tossavainen
402 posts
Peasant

Gun:

"Oh bugger off ya little man! Don't you think I know where I am already?" I say at him in a mean and spiteful tone and then walk past him nearly hitting him with my shoulder. I head to the bar for a more homely feeling.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

(thanks for letting me join!)

I say, "Howdy! I'm new in town. Do you know if the General Store sells pickaxes? I'm also wanting for a good six-shooter."

fighter23
fighter23
395 posts
Nomad

Gun:

The man says,"Good riddenance!" You look at the town and see a a couple of buildings, but all you are focused on is the bar. You notice the bar and walk in. There you see two ladies(I think you know what they are) one guy at the bar (passed-out) and two men playing cards. Then there's the barkeep. What do you do?

Tossavainen
Tossavainen
402 posts
Peasant

Gun:

I go to the bar and say to the bartender: "Hey, toss me a whiskey, will ya? .. Well, you seem more like the kinda guy i'd talk to, rather than that little greeter man at the train station. So, I just got here and I'm looking for a "new start" what would you suggest? I think i need a gun for starters, and probably a place to sleep in for a few days, got any suggestions...?"

fighter23
fighter23
395 posts
Nomad

Gun:

The barkeep says,"Depends what you want to be and do". I mean you can do anything here. Even though I wouldn't like it, but the highest pay job here is none of them. If I wasn't running this bar I would be an Outlaw those guys know how to make the real money. If you want to buy a gun there's a gun shop right across from here." He hands you the whiskey. He says," You can be the bad guy, but you better pay for that whiskey. It's $10.00."

Tossavainen
Tossavainen
402 posts
Peasant

Gun:

"Advising me to be an outlaw and forcing me to pay for the whiskey in the same time..? *Drinks* Oh If I weren't new here I'd say you didn't have your head anymore. But don't worry, I think we can get along just fine as long as I get more whiskey from ya when I come back *Rusty laughter*" I then leave the bar and head to the gun shop. (Oh and just to be clear, was the whiskey just a shot or perhaps a whiskey bottle, because if it was a bottle then i will keep drinking it while i walk and keep it in my hand, to use as a melee weapon if needed, for example.)

Tossavainen
Tossavainen
402 posts
Peasant

Gun:
Money: $190.00

Oh, and so sorry to make a double post, but i forgot to mention that I of course pay the guy $10.00

fighter23
fighter23
395 posts
Nomad

Gun:

You leave the bar and the barkeeper says,"Goodbye". You head towards the gunshop and enter. When you walk in you see a man with one eye missing. He says,"What do you want?" in an angery voice.

Tossavainen
Tossavainen
402 posts
Peasant

"A weapon. An not just any little gun, I want a good ol' rifle. Do you have any?"

fighter23
fighter23
395 posts
Nomad

Gun:

The man says,"Let me check the back." He walks away and brings back a two rifles. He says," You can have a M1873 Western Rifle, or a M1866 Western Lever Action Rifle. The M1866 Western Lever Action Rifle has more accuracy, but the M1873 Western Rifle does more damage. Both cost $65.00 with a sack of ammo(45 bullets); it's about $70.00. Take your pick."

(The whiskey was a shot)

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

(I hate to be picky but if it's 1862, according to the first post, how are you selling guns from the future? Did you mean 1882?)

Tossavainen
Tossavainen
402 posts
Peasant

Gun: M1873 Western Rifle
Money: $120.00

"I'll go with the M1873 one." I toss the 70$ on the counter and wait for the man to count it, and then leave the shop with the gun on my back, and head to the general store.

Showing 91-105 of 283