ForumsThe TavernThe Weather

640 114197
snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

I love the weather and have always been interested in it. To me, the creation of incredible storms and the patterns of heat, wind, fronts, and pressure systems in absolutely incredible, especially since many of these things still baffle humans!

I want to know: does anybody share my interest? Any other weather buffs out there? Or, some interesting story or fact about the weather?

Please, share it here!

• 640 Replies
Toejam
Toejam
39 posts
Peasant

Hotter than monkey balls outside today.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

@Toejam

Don't know about you, but I wouldn't call monkey balls hot. :P
Last summer, it was 90+ F and humid nearly every day in July and August... Just awful for hanging out with friends outside.

@GoDoSomeWork

Why does your weather suck?

DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
608 posts
Nomad

Yeah today's temp wasn't to bad here at all. And it was a bit cloudy as well.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

Seems to be cloudy a lot where you live.

Thunderstorms are trying to form here, but they're having trouble. All we're getting are smooth waves of dark clouds... It looks really weird.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

It's normal June weather for us. No clouds. Sunny. I believe it's like 75-80 degrees. Didn't check...

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

@vinster132

It's been unreasonably cloudy and cool here for June. I think it's because warm fronts keep stalling south of us...

ShardRaldevius
ShardRaldevius
108 posts
Nomad

Its always sunny where i live :/ and i prefer rain and all but.. What can i do...

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

Come to Iowa! We've got plenty of late-night storms this time of year. They're very entertaining to watch.

ShardRaldevius
ShardRaldevius
108 posts
Nomad

Come to Iowa! We've got plenty of late-night storms this time of year. They're very entertaining to watch

I would love to, where Lowa is located?
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I would love to, where Lowa is located?

Lowa? I think he meant Iowa, (iowa), i not l. Anyway, Iowa is located in the Midwestern United States.
It's been unreasonably cloudy and cool here for June. I think it's because warm fronts keep stalling south of us...

I guess you're up for a mild summer?
Its always sunny where i live :/

Is it like really really hot? Or just normal? In my opinion, I like it when the temperature is within the 65-80 degrees range.
snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

@ShardRaldevius
Yes I did mean Iowa with an "i".

I guess you're up for a mild summer?

Maybe so... We're supposed to get into the 90's in a few days. Blah...
I love this state, but the weather needs to give us some nice days... Seriously, it goes from 60's and breezy to 90's and humid. There's no pleasant middle ground...
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

lol yeah (I) and (l) do look the same. I like it when it's around 65-75ish, partly cloudy (3 parts cloud, 7 parts clear), some wind 5-15mph.

MassiveTomboy
MassiveTomboy
106 posts
Nomad

I can say that there is nothing interesting up here in Maine..I've been all of the states in the USA except for Hawaii...I've even been to Canada...and I have to say that Maine is the most boring state in the US when it comes to the weather.....

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

When I went to Maine a tropical system went by. It was pretty exciting. Plus, Maine's foliage is beautiful in the late summer and fall.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I've been all of the states in the USA except for Hawaii

Dang, you must be really the traveler.
eriously, it goes from 60's and breezy to 90's and humid.

I don't like it when it's like 95 degrees and up no wind no clouds, I feel like I'm going to melt. lol
Showing 106-120 of 640