ForumsThe TavernThe Weather

640 114191
snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

I love the weather and have always been interested in it. To me, the creation of incredible storms and the patterns of heat, wind, fronts, and pressure systems in absolutely incredible, especially since many of these things still baffle humans!

I want to know: does anybody share my interest? Any other weather buffs out there? Or, some interesting story or fact about the weather?

Please, share it here!

• 640 Replies
MassiveTomboy
MassiveTomboy
106 posts
Nomad

Dang, you must be really the traveler
yea...I am/was...Ant Vicki and Norm (aunt and her bf) are tankers, they used to do long haul
Mom and Paul (step-dad) work together, own their own trucking business, and r long haul truckers
Deedee (grandmother) was/still kinda is a traveling nurse....

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

I don't like it when it's like 95 degrees and up no wind no clouds, I feel like I'm going to melt. lol

Yeah, it's really not fun. The only outside option is the pool... Luckily, there's a small, not-busy one up my street! My friends and I go there all the time.

@MassiveTomboy
Sounds like quite an active life you lead (haha that word works no matter what because it's past and present tense :P).
MassiveTomboy
MassiveTomboy
106 posts
Nomad

@Snowguy
HAHA! Too funny...yes and no....but yea..i had fun...hope to do it again sometime

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

The only outside option is the pool

Not really, the beach could also be a good idea, you can cool off there.
snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

@MassiveTomboy
Yeah, it sounded really awesome... To see every state...

@vinster132
I'd love to go to the beach! Except, one problem: I live in Iowa.

MassiveTomboy
MassiveTomboy
106 posts
Nomad

@snowguy
it was ok...

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I'd love to go to the beach! Except, one problem: I live in Iowa.

It's Summer so you can go on vacation if you can and either go to California or Florida or something else that borders a beach/ocean.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Cloud formation has always interested me and although I did geography alevel, I never bothered learning about it. I just landed back home after a trip to london/brighton and when I took off the sky literally didn't have a cloud in it, out of nowhere wisps of cloud forming into heaving ones were suddenly surrounding the plane. Ill google this process when I get home

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

@vinster132:

Yeah, you're right. But it's not easy getting to a coast from Iowa (nor cheap).

@Jefferysinspiration:

I know! That's one of the things I love about the weather: the clouds!
What causes so many types to form? Why do the seem to only appear together at specific levels in the atmosphere? Just so amazing, clouds are...

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Yeah, you're right. But it's not easy getting to a coast from Iowa (nor cheap).

true, but you don't have to go all the time just save up and then go.
What causes so many types to form?

What I think is that the wind is changing the formations of the clouds.
snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

@vinster132

Well, a little, but I mean more like the altocirrus like this:
http://www.davidsanger.com/images/clouds/9-13-101.clouds.m.jpg
What makes the clouds organize into lumps? My question was addressed at the more specific features of different clouds.

Not at all trying to shoot you down though, thanks for answering!

Also, I have been to Maine two times. I really liked it, but the ocean was COLD!!!

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I really liked it, but the ocean was COLD!!!

Man I wonder how would the Artic Ocean would feel like! Lol. Anyway, once you're in the cold water for a while you'll get used to it, just like me...
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

and I have to say that Maine is the most boring state in the US when it comes to the weather.....

I loved maine. I moved from ireland to maine to work for four months and fell in love with the place :|
snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

@vinster132

Exactly! :P I would stand shivering in the water until I got used to it, then I would ride (or dodge) the waves!

@Jefferysinspiration

I'd have to agree with you. It's a very beautiful place.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Exactly! :P I would stand shivering in the water until I got used to it, then I would ride (or dodge) the waves!

I usually dodge the waves. But whenever, I feel the need to crash into the wave I crash into the wave.

I've never really traveled to any state except for Nevada, *cough*Vegas*cough*. Let me tell you Las Vegas weather is quite hot.
Showing 121-135 of 640