ForumsNews and FeedbackUpgrade Game Comments!

26 7371
0laFPhp
0laFPhp
18 posts
Nomad

Upgrade Game Comments!

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/9384/upgrade.jpg

The Game Comments Have the same things from forums though because i really want that kind of thing.

• 26 Replies
0laFPhp
0laFPhp
18 posts
Nomad

@GhostOfMatrix
The two bb codes can be used though example:
Quote code:It'll be a reply to one of the user that comments on the game.
Image code:That can be used to have a example to someone or a reference for the game.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

The game comments aren't for conversation, though. It's to leave a comment about the game, not somebody else's comment. And images in games wouldn't work out too well since I think that they will be used to often to describe a game. People would be putting a lot of memes in games. Also, I don't think Armor Games keeps track of images in the database, so someone could put curse words in an image.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Like I said, we will look into adding more BBcode support on AG3, but I doubt we would add linking/images on game comments as they're not relevant.

0laFPhp
0laFPhp
18 posts
Nomad

Like I said, we will look into adding more BBcode support on AG3

What about smilies We can put them when we use BBcodes.

Here's my idea, the AG2 current positions of BBcode is:
Bold Italic Link Image Quote right.

We can put the smilies in one button like this order:
Bold Italic Link Image Quote and Smiley >.

The arrow that besides the smiley button represents opening a selection bars that if clicked a code is there if submitted the comment a smiley is there.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I *think* that smileys have already been thrown out due to how people might abuse them in the forums and on comments. You can, however, get a smiley on the Internet - click image location - click image on the forums - insert smiley, then it'll show up when you post.

And anyway, you can use text smileys. I rather like them.
Examples:

D:
:P

:O
Etc..

valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

I agree. If an option to add smileys would be added, the comments would become the mess. I mean, some people will only put that, thinking it's a comment. But it isn't.

But the bold, italic and links tools are good ideas. I ever mentionned it on another thread.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I don't feel smiley faces have a place, but I'll talk to the team about it. They technically fall under 'images', which I'm not sure are relevant for game comments.

indie55
indie55
610 posts
Nomad

What about special characters, because I know they aren't supported now. Although I don't really see a need for them. It would be nice, but when would they honestly be used.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We've already discussed "special characters" ... since all game comments need to be in English, special characters like accents, don't need to be allowed.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

So it sounds like the comments are good how they are, but what if we add a reveiw setion and a bugs section like talked about? The basics like: bold italic link image quote would be nice in a reveiw or bug section of the game coment section, you could make a tab system have one tab for comments one for reveiws and on more for bugs, when you click the comment tab it opens the comment part that is just like the ones now, if you click the review it would have the same stuff as the forums plus a speacil format like
A box for the title a box for overall or summery and a box or a few for in-depth stuff (like in the game make game reveiw sytem), then if you click the bugs tab you get the same stuff as the forums with a title and a the post box like GS. That sounds like a good inprovemet...

The problem is coment don't need that much but reveiws and bugs would so the tab sytem make it so you get all the types a detail depths and such but they don't effect each other, if neccasary I can get some example pics up later...

ferfer313
ferfer313
260 posts
Nomad

While we're speakin' of comments, it'd be cool if on people's profiles it showed at what time their last comment was, and what page. Same w/ forums.

Showing 16-26 of 26