Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

No more Armor Points.

Posted Mar 17, '12 at 7:59pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,585 posts

the  fact that ag3 is comin......we should make more things that involve armorpoints

On AG3, Armor Points will be for achievements, but all users will start at 0. Therefore, adding more things that involve Armor Points means adding more achievements.

Posted Mar 18, '12 at 8:21am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,646 posts

I only thought of this when I read another user's post in a similar related thread, but it fits this thread just as well, so I'm posting it here... =)

I know it's a bit late to suggest this and it will be nearly impossible to implement in the new Armor Games website, probably, but why not have the users gain some sort of XP through gaming, highscores, whatnot and let them upgrade their profile with armor, weapons and other stuff much like along the lines that games have implemented. You're able to save up XP for wanted special armor and weapons, have seasonal armors and weapons, etc., etc... what do you guys think? And, more importantly, what does AG-HQ think about this suggestion?! =D

Posted Mar 18, '12 at 9:12am

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,585 posts

I know it's a bit late to suggest this and it will be nearly impossible to implement in the new Armor Games website

Having weapons and armor on your profile has never been discussed, so I would agree with you there. Now for the idea itself:

but why not have the users gain some sort of XP through gaming, highscores, whatnot and let them upgrade their profile with armor, weapons and other stuff much like along the lines that games have implemented. You're able to save up XP for wanted special armor and weapons, have seasonal armors and weapons, etc., etc... what do you guys think?

I think a weapon war was once suggested. If the weapon war idea is implemented, then this idea is compatible and should be implemented with the weapon war. Otherwise, this idea is pointless and should not be implemented.

Posted Mar 18, '12 at 9:17am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,121 posts

Knight

Having weapons and armor on your profile has never been discussed, so I would agree with you there. Now for the idea itself:

A customisable avatar of this sort, with special weapons and all the trappings was discussed, however it was kind of put down due to the unanimous belief that if you wanted to play such ''avatar--customising'', there were games out there to play for the experience. Anyway, that's just what they said, I'm too lazy to think of my own responses.

Posted Mar 18, '12 at 11:39pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,585 posts

That would be really cool.

What would be really cool? It is important to specify what you're talking about.

A customisable avatar of this sort, with special weapons and all the trappings was discussed, however it was kind of put down due to the unanimous belief that if you wanted to play such ''avatar--customising'', there were games out there to play for the experience. Anyway, that's just what they said, I'm too lazy to think of my own responses.

I never knew of that discussion. However, I do know of discussion of a "weapon war," but that was put down as useless, which means I would not support weapons and armor on a profile.

Posted Mar 25, '12 at 3:08am

Snowflake4579

Snowflake4579

73 posts

I actually want the current system to be kept.  My reason is because alot of people like the serf,knight,king type of ranking system.  If everything is reset to zero for AG2 ranks people who have recently become a King or Prince or whatever might be annoyed and unhappy.

Posted Mar 25, '12 at 2:25pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

If everything is reset to zero for AG2 ranks people who have recently become a King or Prince or whatever might be annoyed and unhappy.

There will be plenty of people who will be unhappy about losing all their AP. I wouldn't be surprised if half of those people left AG for good after the AP gets erased.

I'm just disappointed that my AG2 post count will be gone.

is it ginna b like congreate

Unfortunately it will be very similar to Kongregate in some aspects. There will be some sort of achievement system, which will probably be very similar to that of Kongregate. We will also no longer get any sort of points for posting, which is also eerily Kongregate-esque.

Posted Mar 25, '12 at 8:58pm

striker12321

striker12321

3 posts

http://i dont no something about the new armorgames i no it well be cool

Posted Mar 26, '12 at 4:52pm

Jazmoon

Jazmoon

218 posts

There will be plenty of people who will be unhappy about losing all their AP. I wouldn't be surprised if half of those people left AG for good after the AP gets erased.

yeah i agree it doesn't sound like a very good idea there was enough upset when the big glitch happened and people lost a bit of AP imagine the upset if everyone lost ALL there points.

Some people have been on this site for awhile and have worked very hard to get there points i don't think i would bother to start all over again and a lot of people will quite. i hope they don't do this and don't change AG to much i like it how it is.

Posted Mar 26, '12 at 5:29pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

yeah i agree it doesn't sound like a very good idea there was enough upset when the big glitch happened and people lost a bit of AP imagine the upset if everyone lost ALL there points.

Not everyone cares about a number gained on a flash gaming site.

Reply to No more Armor Points.

You must be logged in to post a reply!