ForumsNews and FeedbackNo more Armor Points.

229 69728
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hi everyone, I have more news to share about points and ranking on AG3, and wanted to lump in ranking and leaderboard discussions here as well.

The previous topic was here:
http://armorgames.com/community/thread/6441505/ideas-and-discussions-about-migrating-armor-points-to-agv3

---

I hope you're sitting down ...

---

For the "TL;DR" people among you: everyone will essentially have their Armor Points reset to zero. AG3 will likely not migrate any points from AG2 with our current setup and direction.

Unless something drastic happens, or there's enough people who vocalize their unhappiness about this to Dan, this is how AG3 will start out.

After our meeting about Achievements yesterday, I was brought in the loop on how &quotoints" will work on AG3.

In a nutshell...

AG3 "Armor Points" as a sum total will calculate your "AG Score". We will still refer to them as &quotoints", but the site will show them as your "score".

AG3 points will be awarded primarily through the winning of game-related Achievements, and each achievement will have different amounts of points attached (easier achievements will give fewer points, for example).

The achievements we award for AG2 legacy features (previous rank, forum post count, etc) will not award AG3 points.

I do NOT believe we will award points for rating games, or if we do, it will be a minimal amount like the 2 points we give you now. If this is the case, we WILL migrate some points.

The examples Larry gave yesterday about Achievements showed some being worth as many as 15 or 30 points EACH.

---

I will re-open this topic when I have more information to answer questions.

• 229 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Uhm, the banner leads to the beta. The next launch will be the full launch.
Either way, silence like this should probably be treated either as "Shhh, they are busy" or alternately "they tell about updates on a third party site".

NNJA_JAAY
NNJA_JAAY
3 posts
Nomad

I personally think that we should keep the ranking system that we have now ( serf and so on ). Because I think its unique only to this site and it keeps that middle ages feel to the site. I do agree that achievements are a good addition to the ranking system but games like "Kingdom Rush" have tons of achievements and even if they aren't worth a lot of points it could flood people with tons of points.

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

Kingdom Rush" have tons of achievements and even if they aren't worth a lot of points it could flood people with tons of points.

But AG doesn't need to give all of the achievements on KR AP rewards. And anyway, you still need to play the game to get the points so you earn them, and it all depends on how much AP the make the achievements worth. And AG can always make it's own achievements and ignore the ones KR uses, similar to Kong.
manarion
manarion
87 posts
Nomad

also, i dont know if this has been mentioned,lets say if your on for 30 minutes then you should get X number of points.

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

lets say if your on for 30 minutes then you should get X number of points.

It would be easy to spam points, just leave the window running. And your not really earning it. You shouldn't get AP just for staying on the site, because that takes no effort. At least rating you have to go to the little bar and click on a green space to get a little orange bar come up. Seems more like an achievement for a game, not a game site.
manarion
manarion
87 posts
Nomad

right............ so maybe how actively your on and how often you write in threads.....

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

so maybe how actively your on and how often you write in threads.....

Like a reward for signing on X number of days? Again all you would have to do is sign on for a quick second for it to register and leave but an interesting idea. As for the threads, that is what we have now in the form of posts.
manarion
manarion
87 posts
Nomad

but still it would help motivating people to come on the site, as for the threads... now that i think of it i feel stupid :0

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

but still it would help motivating people to come on the site

Just releasing AG3 would be motivation for a while, until people get bored, then your suggestion might have some merit.

now that i think of it i feel stupid :0

That's what I'm here for ^_^
daviddiaz
daviddiaz
5 posts
Nomad

what??

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I think you should lose points when a thread of yours gets locked (not for being answered or necroed)

Because punishing the OP for other people ruining the topic is awesome.
People do lose points sometimes. When their thread is deleted for being spam.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

What is AG3 mean?

AG3 is the new version of Armor Games that is still in the beta phase. You can access it by clicking the right-half of the black "Armor Games" banner near the top of the page.

Do you get AP when u comments in forum?

You get 1 AP for every post you make in the forums, with the exception of the Newcomer's Forum and the Forum Games sections.
ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

whether we should keep the current rank system (serf, knight, prince, king, etc) and WHY

I think after a point you should be able to pick a branch like a wizard which would level up and a knight which would become a genral and a duke which would become a king
jjman070
jjman070
47 posts
Nomad

i agree with ellock with the branch thing like there should be three basic branches and 9 end positions like you start as a townsfolk then you level up and you need to pick a branch then in the end your a king or a master wizard or a moster drangon but we should know where even branch leads

massmurrder
massmurrder
143 posts
Nomad

lol can you make colony leader boards????

Showing 151-165 of 229