Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

What it Takes to Become a Moderator (page 1):

Posted Jul 1, '11 at 8:51am

bunniecorps

bunniecorps

190 posts

Is there a limit to the amount of people on the moderation team? Is it ever full?

Posted Jul 1, '11 at 8:59am

Jefferysinspiration

Jefferysinspiration

3,138 posts

The above quote is a good question.

I was also wondering of moderators for forums and that are designated a specific forum, or do they each just have to check out all of them?

Posted Jul 1, '11 at 1:21pm

skater_kid_who_pwns

skater_kid_who_pwns

4,313 posts

They check all of them, but you will see certain moderators in one section more then others, why? Well perhaps they just love debating, or love writing, they go where there interest is, not to say that they ignore other sections though.

Posted Jul 1, '11 at 2:21pm

rivercrab01

rivercrab01

96 posts

about the age limit, if you see someone who is below the age limit but fulfills the other requirements, will you think about making them a moderator or do they go straight of the radar?

Posted Jul 1, '11 at 6:08pm

Zophia

Zophia

8,407 posts

I was also wondering of moderators for forums and that are designated a specific forum, or do they each just have to check out all of them?

Different moderators frequent different parts of the forums more than others, but we do try to spread out well across all the sections. So yeah, what Skater said. :V

Is there a limit to the amount of people on the moderation team? Is it ever full?

I would be very surprised if there was a hard coded limit to how many moderators the site can have. We're usually either at a "we could use more mods" or a "we're good atm". The latter doesn't mean we've stopped looking, though.

Posted Jul 1, '11 at 6:35pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,117 posts

if you see someone who is below the age limit but fulfills the other requirements, will you think about making them a moderator or do they go straight of the radar?

The administration wants mods who are mature, level-headed, and responsible, which is why they want older users to take the job. If I'm 19 and the baby of the group, then this gives you an idea of how far maturity goes >:P

Different moderators frequent different parts of the forums more than others, but we do try to spread out well across all the sections.

I try to look everywhere and where other users spoonfeed me, but you'll see me more often in the S&S, AG3, and Videogame forums.

Posted Jul 1, '11 at 6:38pm

manarion

manarion

54 posts

are moderators payed or do they work in spare time?

Posted Jul 2, '11 at 1:41am

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

There is no limit.

wondering of moderators for forums and that are designated a specific forum, or do they each just have to check out all of them?

Some moderators are better suited because they're better at communicating within those forums, but generally all Moderators are tasked with checking each of the forums.

if you see someone who is below the age limit but fulfills the other requirements, will you think about making them a moderator or do they go straight of the radar?

My software finds all users and then we look at their profile to see age, etc.. If the person is under 18, I *may* consider them if they're truly exceptional, but right now we're looking for 18+.

are moderators payed or do they work in spare time?

They are not paid, it's a volunteer position.

Posted Jul 3, '11 at 1:54pm

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

It's a potential maturity issue. We don't want people who may fly off the handle in a hormonally charged rage, or to drag every little issue out of proportion or take everything personally.

As said, if they prove to be exceptional then they are in. If not then, you know.

And that's that.

Posted Jul 4, '11 at 1:15pm

jesseses

jesseses

17 posts

what can a moderator do more like banning or what?

Reply to What it Takes to Become a Moderator (page 1):

You must be logged in to post a reply!