Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

What it Takes to Become a Moderator (page 1):

Posted Jan 16, '13 at 3:29am

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,117 posts

I'd reveal the answer, but then Strop won't invite me to one of his high-horse wine parties.

Posted Jan 16, '13 at 8:20am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,884 posts

Knight

There are four kinds of people in a forum: those who don't want to be a moderator, those who don't know if they'd make a good moderator, those who think they'd make a good moderator, and those who think they'd make a good moderator.

Only one of those makes for a good moderator.

Cher, that's not fair, I hate MCQs! D:

Posted Jan 16, '13 at 8:28am

shadowkagerou

shadowkagerou

13 posts

That sounds more strict than the guidelines ArmorGames uses... I think you got it backwards then! ;)

Oh. I was pertaining to where I came from. :D

They are very strict about the mod's identity.. we were required to create another "persona" that is very much the opposite of our personality. We had a mod who answers like a man but in reality the mod is a woman :P

Being a mod is sometimes a blessing and a curse - blessing because you get to "meet" a variety of people where you can learn from them.. and a curse if most of the people online are jerks :D

Posted Jan 16, '13 at 11:47am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,691 posts

Knight

There are four kinds of people in a forum: those who don't want to be a moderator, those who don't know if they'd make a good moderator, those who think they'd make a good moderator, and those who think they'd make a good moderator.

Only one of those makes for a good moderator.

Spoiler: 3/4 of those are correct.

Posted Jan 17, '13 at 11:21pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,117 posts

4/4 are correct!

Posted Jan 17, '13 at 11:52pm

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

They are very strict about the mod's identity.. we were required to create another "persona" that is very much the opposite of our personality. We had a mod who answers like a man but in reality the mod is a woman :P

Do I even dare ask what kind of forums those were? That sounds like some espionage action going down on the internet.

Posted Mar 20, '13 at 9:33pm

ask08

ask08

52 posts

This is a very interesting forum...If possible, I would like to see if I meet the requirements for being a moderator. If we can discuss it...please contact me on my profile. I prefer to be contacted there :) Thanks! ~ask08!~

Posted Mar 20, '13 at 9:51pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,691 posts

Knight

If possible, I would like to see if I meet the requirements for being a moderator.

I suggest reading the opening post, it covers what they look for.

Posted Mar 21, '13 at 12:16pm

ask08

ask08

52 posts

Okay, thank you very much! I just wanted to see if they would want to further discuss it or anything :-). Thank you though for your very helpful help!

Posted Jul 5, '13 at 12:35pm

BRF321JOJO

BRF321JOJO

95 posts

ok if you read the whole entire page of what it takes to be a moderator YOU ARE A LOSER
that is pretty well said and sums it all up ok and
you have to be mature or whatever to be a moderator ok so one of the first comments says oh you have to be 19.............
19! man if your still on this site any age of 18 or older than yo need to get a life think of this you have to go on this website every day checking up on your computer when your 20 and in collage. Your collagge friends will say why are you going on that little kid's website.. Oh wait i take that back you won't have any collage friends......

Reply to What it Takes to Become a Moderator (page 1):

You must be logged in to post a reply!