What it Takes to Become a Moderator (page 1):

Posted Feb 4, '14 at 10:09am

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

3,714 posts

Sorry you took it in a hurtful way....

Devansh, he didn't.

Just shows how long some users like you and I have been here XD

It is not about longness,it is about helping people.

I understand 100% what he is saying... It had nothing to do with wanting to become a moderator and saying he is a good canidate because he has been here for a while. He is just stating that he has seen many things pass over the years and so he knows because he's been here for a while.

Don't quote me on this, but I think this is what he means Devansh :)

Posted Feb 5, '14 at 9:21am

devansh_asthana

devansh_asthana

405 posts

Thanks for the explanation.Mistakes happen...
=)

Posted Feb 6, '14 at 4:19am

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

He is just stating that he has seen many things pass over the years and so he knows because he's been here for a while.

:D "I've seen it all before/Revolution at my backdoor/Well who's to say it won't happen all again/Cos the generals sip Bacardi while the privates feel the pain" -- Crass

Posted Feb 6, '14 at 11:17pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

If there is an updated version of the thread then all would be sorted. It is probably unlikely for another to be made.

There is no complete updated version, but it is linked to in the most recent Guide to ArmorGames Super Sticky, which means anyone can find it without someone bumping it up to the first page every few days.

Also, this is in the Tavern now, so it would appear that it's no longer serving its intended purpose as a guide for newer users, but rather as a discussion thread for regulars and all others who dare enter the arcane realm of the Tavern.

Posted Feb 8, '14 at 8:31pm

gh0sts

gh0sts

887 posts

Excessive absences may get you demoted back to regular user status.

Is this still a rule? There are still moderators I have never seen post at all. Am I not looking in the right places or do they just not post anymore?

Posted Feb 8, '14 at 11:13pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,245 posts

Is this still a rule? There are still moderators I have never seen post at all. Am I not looking in the right places or do they just not post anymore?

I think it's sort of a "legacy" thing. The ones who no longer post have moved on to do other things, but they did a good job while they were here, so we remember them as mods. If you died as a knight, you would still be remembered as a knight.

Then again, I can't help but wonder if less moderators are chosen because "we already have (x) number of them" even though several are no longer participating. Hmm.

Posted Feb 8, '14 at 11:33pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

The ones who no longer post have moved on to do other things, but they did a good job while they were here, so we remember them as mods.

Except for the ones who are now knights. We still remember them for all they've done for the site as moderators, of course, but they are no longer listed as moderators.

I think @gh0sts was referring to the ones on the list who are still listed as moderators, but seldom make appearances in the community. In that case, I don't believe there is a set rule for that; at least, not one that we know about. There have been instances where moderators have been de-modded after very long periods of inactivity (we're talking a year or so), but that's about the extent of it. As far as we know.

Plenty of moderators have stepped down from their positions, which also could mean that the ones we thought (and by "we" I mean those of us who have been here since 2009/10) were removed for inactivity could have stepped down behind the scenes after they were consulted about their absence. It's not really our business.

Posted Feb 9, '14 at 12:32am

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,140 posts

Wait what? Why...Is this...

I'm going to close my eyes. And when I open them, I'll be riiight...here, why am I still here.

Posted Feb 9, '14 at 4:38pm

gh0sts

gh0sts

887 posts

I think @gh0sts was referring to the ones on the list who are still listed as moderators, but seldom make appearances in the community.

Yes, them. But looking at their pages, people aren't really reporting things to them, so them being there doesn't have any negative effect. I was mostly wondering how long a moderator could remain inactive without consequences if they so chose to.

Posted Feb 10, '14 at 5:01pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,245 posts

That sounds like a simple enough question to just ask a mod or admin (@Ferret is usually the best source for site-based questions). It may have been asked before but I don't remember an answer.

Reply to What it Takes to Become a Moderator (page 1):

You must be logged in to post a reply!