160 posts
Nomad

Who thought of this super cool idea?

• 14 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Who thought of zombies in general? That's debatable, but Wikipedia says the idea originated in Africa.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,157 posts
Nomad

Super cool? I fit zombies right in with vampires and werewolves... I don't think their that amazing...

I think there are a few too many games about them, too.

Cranium80
Cranium80
489 posts
Shepherd

Wikipedia says the idea originated in Africa

I thought they were born out of the voodoo tradition in Jamaica.
Valks
Valks
262 posts
Nomad

Probably some monk during the Black Plague while he was preparing a body. Must've given him a shock when the air from the deceased's lungs was pushed out and vibrated its vocal cords. Rigor Mortis is pretty strange.

I'm not sure if this explains zombies; but I'm pretty sure it explains vampires. The body swells, which gives it the appearance that it has been feeding. Its hair and fingernails appear longer, which is because they do continue to grow for a bit after death and the absence of some skin makes them look bigger. Finally, their deathcowl appears to be chewed through and his bloody, suggesting a recent feeding. This is because blood coming from the mouth rots the deathcowl. Sorry if this paragraph got a bit too off-topic.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

^I read about the supposed 'vampire phenomena' in some book a while ago. It was pretty interesting, and yet creepy at the same time.

Valks
Valks
262 posts
Nomad

What you're reffering to are voodoo zombies. Who are created when a voodoo priest uses zombie powder on a person.
Zombie powder is a nerve toxin or something of the sort. It gives the victim the appearance of death. The victim's motor are severly affected which gives them the appearence of "zombies."
darkangel12341
darkangel12341
111 posts
Nomad

Zombies are really cool.

xDuked
xDuked
29 posts
Nomad

Really, I would just look it up at Wikipedia, but I'm too lazy too... xD

Dregus2
Dregus2
492 posts
Blacksmith

The idea of zombies is cool. It's just that now they are so common that they aren't really so interesting.

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

where do you think the majority of the jamaican population came from originally? japan?

Really, I would just look it up at Wikipedia, but I'm too lazy too...

normally I can understand laziness, but come on. theres a link to the wikipedia zombie article on this very page.
Bodhidharma
Bodhidharma
27 posts
Nomad

The idea of zombies is not cool. A dead human corpse walking at you only to bite you and rip you apart is not a cool idea to me, and the smell of rotting flesh is horrible.

Zabusy99
Zabusy99
73 posts
Nomad

Bodhidharma , maybe your right but immagine if that would really happen .

mvpassio
mvpassio
3 posts
Peasant

honestly if a time comes that zombies rise up out of the ground and try to exterminate us, all the people who play call of duty zombies are not going to be any kind of help when they come. They might even be the first ones to die.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Really, I would just look it up at Wikipedia, but I'm too lazy too... xD

Very Lazy considering the link was only a few posts up.

The idea of zombies is not cool. A dead human corpse walking at you only to bite you and rip you apart is not a cool idea to me, and the smell of rotting flesh is horrible.

Actually that's a more modern view of zombies.
Showing 1-14 of 14