ForumsSupport ForumHow Do You Become A Administrator ?

12 3196
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

I dearly want to know how , Because I really want to help Armorgames. And so, does anyone now how to become one?

-Not a spam-

• 12 Replies
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Well no not exactly, their is a Mod and administrator . But oh well thanks for the info tho!

But do you mean Dank.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
922 posts
Scribe

I think you mean mod? I'm not exactly sure if you can become unless you are personal friends with Dan, but I could be wrong.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
922 posts
Scribe

Well I meant to say did you mean to say mod? I know there are administrators, but they usually don't play on the site. They do all of the technical stuff, so you would have to be in good contact with Dan.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Oh

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,192 posts
Herald

No in order to become an Admin you have to actually work with ArmorGames. All the Admins either work in the actual AG office, or work with AG in another location. You can't really just become an Admin unless you are some kid of programmer or game developer.

silentclore
silentclore
297 posts
Nomad

You'd have to be good friends with Dan. You should get to know dan then make a reseme for armor games.

wait!? I might be on to something. Do moderators and administrators get paid? But yea Daniel please answer this topic !! we need you !!

fridgendx
fridgendx
111 posts
Nomad

Pretty interesting, if yoo click the about on armorgames it will tell you how many administrators they have and how they help armorgames.com

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,192 posts
Herald

Only the Admins get paid because this is actually their jobs. They do those kinds of things for a living. On the other hand, Mods don't get paid at all. They just do it out of the kindness of their hearts, haha.

silentclore
silentclore
297 posts
Nomad

I'd wanna be a mod then. It seems fun. *NEW QUESTION* then what power do moderators have other than locking posts and making sure of no harassment, cussing (racist, and all fowl mouthed words). Wonder what it's like in the life of a mod..

Victrixs
Victrixs
94 posts
Nomad

You can't become an admin I think... Kinda complicated but anyways you should aim for a mod rank. (I am) Just help out the site by posting constructive comments and watch out for spam.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

While the website is monitored constantly by the staff, there are several moderators who work the site to make sure that users are not abusing the rules. The moderators are alerted to abuse by users hitting the flag icon next to posts and comments. You can view the moderators for the site on the Staff page.

The moderators also reserve the right to lock or delete threads in the forums that may be considered abusive. This is at their own interpretations of the rules. If you feel a moderator wrongly acted upon a user, contact John or another administrator. DO NOT create a whole post on it in the forums!

If you would like to become a moderator, you first need to show that you are responsible on the site; show a good posting record and maturity and you may be granted these exclusive rights! We will usually hand pick moderators, but if you feel you have what it take, contact us on the Contact page... we are really, really picky though!

From the FAQ/Help site here:

All you have to do is apply, though I don't know what happens after that. I suppose some sort of rigorous hazing process involving a paddle ^.^
Calm
Calm
908 posts
Herald

All you have to do is apply, though I don't know what happens after that. I suppose some sort of rigorous hazing process involving a paddle ^.^

How did you guess? lol

Ok, I think you got your answer. Becoming an admin is a previlege reserved to those who work in the armor office. You should rather aim at moderation. But you can help out armorgames a lot without being a mod...
Showing 1-12 of 12