ForumsSupport ForumNew ad

18 3987
Greven
Greven
1 posts
Nomad

Hi there, moderator/admin, owner of ArmorGames.com, ive been with you a long time, since GamesOfGondor.com, and ive always supported you by not having an Adblocker at your domain, but after trying to play a game, dirsturbed by some dancing birds all over my screen, im putting on adblocker here too, im totally cool with the ads around the game window, but disturbing the game is not cool. Write here when the campaign are over and no more ads all over the screen, and ill turn off adblocker again

• 18 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,891 posts
Nomad

The campaign will be off later tonight. We've told the advertiser that they need to stop blocking portions of the screen. Not sure when they'll comply. (they made a last-minute change that we hadn't approved)

Taishee
Taishee
77 posts
Shepherd

thanks =) i really appreciate that. the adds were getting on my nerves too. ive also been with you guys for a long time, but not as long as greven xP

Taishee
Taishee
77 posts
Shepherd

well, ive been a member for longer than greven, but i have never heard of gamesofgondor.com

jasonmares
jasonmares
6 posts
Peasant

The ads were also getting in my way so I came here to post about it. Thanks for being on top of it!

cormyn
cormyn
2,891 posts
Nomad

gamesofgondor.com was what the company was called before it was re-branded as Armor Games. Dan got a 'cease and desist' letter from Tolkein's lawyers or something for using the Gondor name from Lord of the Rings.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

What annoyed me about it was that music started playing. Really annoying when you were already listening to good music. Whoever's in charge of advertising that movie has failed big time, not only is their newest attempt annoying as hell, the game they put on AG a while back is now the very lowest rated game on ArmorGames, ever. Of all time.

Still, glad to hear you don't support this type of advertisement. At least pop-up ads have the decency to have an X button.

Mocha2007lite
Mocha2007lite
19 posts
Nomad

["True, this is a little out of proportion, and is effecting the screen, but you can simply refresh the page to stop the ad. Problem solved."] Doesn't work. Wasn't there that game earlier that advertised this? I'm starting to wonder if they're really desperate...

ArchlordPie
ArchlordPie
150 posts
Jester

I'm fairly certain they're desperate, and yes, whoever's in charge of advertising this sucks big time. The popup ad is irritating as heck (but at least comes with a hard-to-find close button), the commercials themselves make it look like the movie doesn't have any point at all (it probably doesn't), and they managed to put up the WORST game of all time on ArmorGames... lol.

BRB, hatevoting the game so I can move up to Silver Squire.

Royadin
Royadin
541 posts
Peasant

yeah like i wanna go see the movie now.. lol NOT.

Thoothsk
Thoothsk
4 posts
Nomad

I certainly don't begrudge ArmorGames any advertising to support what is a fantastic site, but yeah, that one is a bit much! I've never seen intrusive advertising like that here, so not surprised to hear it wasn't approved as such. Keep up the great work!

Mocha2007lite
Mocha2007lite
19 posts
Nomad

Also, i have my internet set so i can choose whether certain cookies are allowed, and that ad tried to give me like a dozen cookies from stuff like "fakeadvertisingco.biz" and "thisisenexample.ru". It isn't just annoying, it's a security threat that could comprimise users. This must be taken down now.

Mocha2007lite
Mocha2007lite
19 posts
Nomad

I'll admit it couldve been another ad. but the ads have been relatively the same for so long, that i couldn't possibly imagine it would be anything other than the second most intrusive ad to exist. (i'm not going to link the most intrusive, as it installs malware on your computer)

HydromiTad
HydromiTad
123 posts
Nomad

I was almost blown out of my chair when I heard (and saw) the new Rio ad on the homepage. Seeing dancing parrots while I try to kill zombies is a bit unnerving.

I'm glad that the ad campaign is almost over.

Iliketehpie
Iliketehpie
32 posts
Nomad

"I was almost blown out of my chair when I heard (and saw) the new Rio ad on the homepage."

Same with me my jaw dropped when i saw that I never seen an ad on a gaming website like that ever.. good thing its ending tonight

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

The movie caused a riot in Rio(or it should), the game was rated 1.4 and now this?!?! Make it go away!

Showing 1-15 of 18