ForumsThe TavernThe World's Hardest Riddle?

122 42778
daniel5533
daniel5533
160 posts
Nomad

What is it? A riddle that you can't find on google please

• 122 Replies
crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

What if pinacchio said "my nose will now grow"?

The next statement is true.
The previous statement is false.

Try solving those linguistic impossibilities.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

how can you burn something that is not flammeable?

You pour gasoline on it and set it on fire.

as wrong as soccerdudes answer. dou you even know what the word flammable means?
crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

1. Nothing would happen. He's not lying, he's assuming.

But, in fact, if his statement is false, then his nose will grow, in which case his statement is true, and therefore his nose will not grow.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

Easy to burn. It doesn't mean able to catch fire. Pouring gasoline one anything and setting it on fire makes it burn.

no, it means: when an objects gets in contact with a specified amount of heat, then gases become free so the object can catch fire with the help of the gases.

the question was/is:

how can you burn something when it is not flammable? answer: freezer burn!

my riddle is like the riddle: which house has no roof?
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

The next statement is true.
The previous statement is false.

Try solving those linguistic impossibilities.

this thread is about riddles and, as you said, it is impossible. like the pictures from fficial&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=K8NUUfWICovesgb2qoHgCA&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=624">Maurits Cornelis Escher

but just in case this is not the right answer: google to the rescue (that is the reason why i create my own riddles so nobody can use google to solve them)!

If the next sentence is true. Then is the previous sentence false?

These sentences present a endless loop of uncertainty known as the liar paradox. These statements are paradoxical because there is no way to assign them a consistent classical binary truth value.

also, a house under construction is not the correct answer. try to think outside the box.
ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

You take off the outside, cook the inside, then eat the outside. What is it?

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

Corn on the cob. you toss out the husk, cook and eat the corn, then toss away the cob. It could be chicken as well. You toss the skin, cook and eat the meat. Toss the bones.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

i guess he needed to get naked so he could have sex at the nightclub and then he forgot his shoe because he drank too much.

which house has no roof?

my riddle is unsolved too.
Xavierthe9
Xavierthe9
155 posts
Farmer

A traveler is looking for the Village of Truths, when he comes to a fork in the road. Another man is standing in the middle of the fork, so he decides to ask for directions because one road does lead to the Village of Truths, while the other leads to the Village of Lies. The man in the fork says he will answer three questions so the traveler may figure out which way is the Village of Truths. It should be noted that people from the Village of Truths can only tell the truth, and vice-versa. The first question he asks the man is "Which road leads to the Village of Truths?" He point at one of the roads, but then the traveler is faced with a problem. If the man if from the Village of Lies, then it wouldn't actually lead to the Village of Truths. He then asks the man "Are you telling the truth?" The man replies, "Yes". The traveler is faced with the same dilemma as before. What should the last question be to lead him down the correct road?

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

What should the last question be to lead him down the correct road?

He should hold up 3 fingers and ask "how many fingers am I holding up?". If the man says 3, then he is from the truthful village. If he says any other number, he is a liar.
Or, he could ask "after this question, will you answer another one?" If the man doesnt reply, he is a liar because he said he would answer 3 questions. If he says no, he is telling the truth because he said he would only answer three, and he could not be lying, as he would have told a truth. It is impossible for him to say yes, because he already said that he would answer only three question, so that would be a lie, and if he answers another one then that would be the truth. Its complicated, but it makes sense.
Showing 106-115 of 122