ForumsForum GamesThe Song Game

35 5963
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Thaboss is not posting this in 3rd person because it would be way too confusing, (it's confusing NOT in 3rd person) and he does not want confuse people. He apologizes to MrPockets.

Basically, there will be a certain number of people in this. Say, 5. (then me, so 6) This could change to more or to infinite. I still haven't worked out the kinks. I'm open to suggestions.

I (at first, it will change later) will choose a word. (fire.) The first 5 people to post are in. What you have to post is

1) The name of a song that has the word in it.

2) Artist.

3) The lyrics of the part of the song where the word is said.

ex:

Through the Fire and Flames

Dragonforce

So far away we wait for the day For the lives all so wasted and gone We feel the pain of a lifetime lost in a thousand days Through the fire and the flames we carry on!

After the 6 people have posted, then we go to the next round. If you don't know any songs with the word, you post. "I don't know any songs with the word "fire." You are out. Even if you later think of one, you can't post it. (Or tell your friend on his profile.) If you take forever to post, you are out.

We keep going until only one person is still in. Whoever wins gets to pick the next word. After you played one game of "The Song Game," you might want to let other people play.

Some rules.

1) You must know the song beforehand, no googling!

2) You can get the lyrics and copy/paste AFTER you know the song, but you must have known that the song has the word in it from hearing it before! (a little confusing, I know. I will try to clarify later.)

3) Song names don't count. Only lyrics.

4) They must be real songs. I (and hopefully other people) will probably google search your song, so make sure it's a real song.

5) It can be the plural form or other tenses of the word. (ex: "fire" "fiery" "fires" NOT "flames"

6) When choosing words, DON'T do something arcane, like "elephants."

7) DON'T do a common word like "you" or "the."

8) When you choose a word, you must know AT LEAST 2 songs with that word in it.

9) Try to pick the base word. (NOT "fiery" YES! "fire&quot

There may be other rules that I forgot.

If you want to make it infinite people, (which might happen!) you'll have to find out a way to make it work so there's a winner that picks the next word. With a lot of people, someone might never win.

If you have suggestions, pleas post them!

And... GO!

The word is "fire."

Through the Fire and Flames

Dragonforce

So far away we wait for the day For the lives all so wasted and gone We feel the pain of a lifetime lost in a thousand days Through the fire and the flames we carry on!

• 35 Replies
snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

Kingdom Come

by Coldplay

"In your tears, and your blood
In your fire, and in your flood."

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Thinking about raising the person limit to 10.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

That sounds good to me! And, about the not posting thing: sometimes I get busy, as do other users, I'm sure... So maybe there could be a two-song consecutive-no-post limit or something?

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

That would make total sense. Thaboss meant more like if the person just totally leaves the game (LOSE) without giving any warning or anything.

*sniff* It seems like this game isn't popular *sniff*

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Oh yes! Thaboss remembers one more VERY important rule.

DON'T choose a word that is profane!!

Also, if the lyrics of the song that has the word in it have profanity, (ex: like the word right before or after the word "fire" is the F-word) or something... thaboss will have to ask a moderator if that's fine. If so, just let the censor do it's job. No self-censoring, please.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

We didn't start the fire

Billy Joel

"We didn't start the fire; it was always burnin' since the world's been turnin'."

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

How about you just post a new word, thaboss? Not many people seem interested now, but that may change as the post count goes up or as the game progresses.

rivercrab01
rivercrab01
1,242 posts
Nomad

Fire starter

The Prodigy

I'm a Fire starter, twisted Fire starter

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Fire

The Ohio Players (Hell's Kitchen Theme)

Fiiiiiiire.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Alright. The new word is...

Crazy.

Crazy

Gnarls Barkely

Does that make me crazy?
Does that make me crazy?
Does that make me crazy?
Possibly

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Crazy

Patsy Cline

Crazy, I'm crazy for feeling so lonely

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

Ack! I couldn't think of any Coldplay song that has the word "crazy" in it, so I started thinking of any song... I couldn't come up with anything! T_T

Just saying, I think adjectives should be outlawed, as they are much harder to find in songs...

But, I'll still keep trying...

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Crazy Train

Ozzy Osbourne

I'm going off the rails on a crazy train.

rivercrab01
rivercrab01
1,242 posts
Nomad

Crazy little thing called love

Queen

Crazy little thing called love

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Unwell

Matchbox 20

But I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell. I know right now you can't tell.

Showing 1-15 of 35