ForumsSupport ForumThere's a New Armatar

72 10899
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I saw a new armatar in the armatar selection list when I logged on. This is a screenshot of all the 0 AP armatars, which includes the new one:

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee400/Patrick2011b/Images%20for%20Armor%20Games/0APArmatarsincludingnewarmatar.jpg

The new armatar is in the last row. Also, this user has it.

Does anyone have an explanation as to why the new armatar is there?

• 72 Replies
gamer1111111
gamer1111111
204 posts
Farmer

I would use it if I was just starting and had 0 ap , but I've unlocked better armatars.

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

Users I have seen with the new armatar:
Turtelman1234
darkrai097
GhostOfMatrix
mrTrippy
thaboss
jeol
master565

The ones I saw that you missed:
DarthNerd
WorstSniper
Graham

I know that jeol already reminded about Graham.
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Also, Devoidless (!!!) is using it and rockband101.

DarthNerd
DarthNerd
1,762 posts
Nomad

I think it would be fit if this "nitrome" guy got this to give out, then other game designers should be able to give out their logo(that is, if nitrome, whoever he is, IS a game designer). Then again, not alot of designers have logo's, like John has that green...thing. And conartist has the mobster.

darkrai097
darkrai097
862 posts
Nomad

this "nitrome" guy

Nitrome is another game site.
But yeah, if Nitrome has their logo, why don't any other sites? Nitrome isn't a particularly large site.
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Thaboss bets that Nitrome made the armatar themselves (or himself) and then asked the devs if they could put it on the site for use.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

It's actually a virus. Jokes on you guys.

Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,496 posts
Nomad

I like to recognize people by their armatar, but that's pretty much impossible now >.< Hopefully people will change back after a week or so.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

It's actually a virus. Jokes on you guys.

master565 made the same joke earlier in this thread. Besides, some who were affected by the "virus" have changed out of the new armatar.
acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

Devoidless just recently got the armatar. So it's not a virus, and that's official!

The acmed... is out...

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

Advertising through armatars? AG implementing viruses? 5 pages without an official answer to why this strange anomaly has appeared?

Now that the new armatar has been addressed, I have a feeling that AG is going to get a hell of a lot more.... pink.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Advertising through armatars?

That is pretty weird, but I don't think this is necessarily an advertisement.

AG implementing viruses?

The virus thing is a joke. The armatar is not a virus.

5 pages without an official answer to why this strange anomaly has appeared?

I'm wondering that too. When I created this thread, that was what I was looking for, but a discussion occurred instead.

Now that the new armatar has been addressed, I have a feeling that AG is going to get a hell of a lot more.... pink.

Not that much. It's just an armatar, and I don't think any changes will be made to the AG background.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

That is pretty weird, but I don't think this is necessarily an advertisement.

Unless there's some other reason they'd put in a newly upgraded site's logo as an armatar so close to the release of AG's own upgrade, this is either an advertisement or some kind of sponsorship deal.

The virus thing is a joke. The armatar is not a virus.

I was questioning main points of the discussion, not wondering if the new armatar is a virus. There's no way something like that could get past the system and stay there for over 24 hours.

When I created this thread, that was what I was looking for, but a discussion occurred instead.

In which case, I suggest you ask an admin of some kind rather than questioning regular users. Unless they're somehow specially informed as to how something like this came to be, they probably know as much as you do about the subject you're wondering about.

It's just an armatar, and I don't think any changes will be made to the AG background.

No, I meant that now that the word is out and the armatar stands out on the armatar page, the popularity of it is going to skyrocket; and when that happens, the pages of the forums will be filled with pink armatars rather than the diversity we're all used to.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

'Twould seem that I too have caught...The Sickness (Lotsa language. Beware!).

I wouldn't worry about it, guys. If this is really a "virus", it's the Pokemon virus that gives your party extra stats, metaphorically. If the developer is guilty of hacking, he's guilty of hacking to give us another armatar, which you should be in the Funny Farm if you object towards having more at your disposal. The AG Staff can take their time with this being official; this new armatar hasn't done anything negative.

YET. O_o

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

Oh. Dear. Lord. Jesus. Not you too.

this new armatar hasn't done anything negative.

If there's one thing that history has taught us about things with cute, harmless faces, it's that they can take over the world in an instant.

You all just wait and see.
Showing 31-45 of 72