ForumsSupport ForumPoints for beating a game.

49 8531
RaiderDawg
RaiderDawg
158 posts
Nomad

There should be a point reward for beating a game on here.

This should mainly go with Action/Adventure games.

• 49 Replies
John
John
344 posts
Nomad

There will be more opportunities to earn points in the future. For now, I think we have an interesting idea coming up that we might implement soon and it may concern earning more points.

We want to do something fun and original for the site .

Kalebguy
Kalebguy
13 posts
Nomad

Well johnare you alowed to expose any of these intereting des or is it to classified beacause rating games and comments somone who has no life could jsut do that all day and nt even play thegame and get 5000 AG which isnt fair s us people who have lives want somthing to to with playing and beating games.

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
536 posts
Peasant

ya, like carlie said, that was kongregates idea, it is an ok one but I don't think it would work great on this site, and that would actually be like rewarding people who just hack the game to beat it, sorry

bobert
bobert
176 posts
Nomad

Keeping track of who won a game would be hard, because I don't think the site would know if a user beats the game. If it could be done without too much hassle, it's a great Idea. Nice Ideas ubertuna!

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

Well, Kongregate seems to know how to do that. I say that we borrow their system and use it for a different purpose!

antimidget
antimidget
2 posts
Nomad

If armorgames had multiplayer games it would be easy to give points for besting a random player at those....

CatonaRock
CatonaRock
323 posts
Justiciar

Definately. There needs to be some kind of reward for playing the games. That's what I thought would happen at first when I signed up. I know that's what Kongregate does, but there's no reason Armor Games can't do that as well. All the sites share games to begin with anyway.

RaiderDawg
RaiderDawg
158 posts
Nomad

QFT Catona.

Doomkiller
Doomkiller
83 posts
Nomad

Carlie said: But that is pretty much exactly what Kongregate does. We can't really go around copying other sites ideas.

Yes, but Yahoo! also gives points for "Merits(Best answer)" and for answering questions.

Many other sites have the same point system you do.

Also, there are freakin THOUSANDS of game sites.

Hundreds of people in this community simply click on a game, wait for it to load, and then rate it.

If anyone actually plays the game, they forget to rate it!

If we included this, then people would go on this site to play, not to get points.

Do you want more people on these forums talking about how to beat game and which are the most fun, or spamming for points?

I personally dont think Kongregate would even say a word about it.
kanethebrain
kanethebrain
242 posts
Nomad

Do we care about the people that are just here for points?

In fact, it would be in the site's interest for the to only rate, because the site would get more ad revenue.

I think this is a terrible idea, because it will do nothing but lead to point inflation.

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

yeah that is so true

RaiderDawg
RaiderDawg
158 posts
Nomad

Kane, a lot of people on this site do care about getting points, just because your emo self doesn't like points, doesn't mean you gotta bring everyone else down.

kanethebrain
kanethebrain
242 posts
Nomad

"I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself"

I like the sense of accomplishment that comes with actually earning the ranks through the points now. Why dilute that with a thousand ways to get points? Getting the Gold King/Queen rating is boring if 3,000 other people have it too.

RaiderDawg
RaiderDawg
158 posts
Nomad

Did you not just say that it would do nothing but lead to point inflation?

This idea would also lead to the users here to have more interest in even the less ''boring'' games. Another cause to play them.

lumpiaman510
lumpiaman510
375 posts
Nomad

I agree! there should be points if there were i would have gotten lots of AP good topic!

Showing 31-45 of 49