ForumsGamesRaze 2 best weapon per category overall?

146 51317
Bopokippo
Bopokippo
5 posts

Yeah just wondering cus I'm noticing that the most expensive weapon for each category usually tends to be situational. What in your guys opinons is the all round best weapon for each category?

p.s., do ion cannon headshots 1 hit kill unshielded?

• 146 Replies
kashoople
kashoople
73 posts

I use the two shot human pistol, normal shotgun, plasma ripper or w/e its called, katana(skill). Mostly my strategy is at start use pistol until i can get shotgun, then shotgunning them. I also use katana all the time

NeoAiken
NeoAiken
1 posts

1- plasma pistol
2- magnum
3- zapper or particle cannon (it makes the enemy on fire :3)
4- precision laser (deadly criticals >) or hail storm (it has bounce and high accuracy)
5- holy grail (high damage and has burning) or railgun (i can hit 3 enemys with 1 shoot with piercing)
6- focus beam (high accuracy) or flamethrower (BURN THEM ALL!!! >)
7- rocket laucher (1 hit ) or ice hunter (its like rocket launcher but not so powerful and it has homing :3)
skill- katana (melee and reflect shoots),land mine (very useful on ctf and domination) or grenade (just funny to shoot it to enemies head xDD)

kashoople
kashoople
73 posts

It depends on your play style. For me i use the two shot pistol, normal shotgun etc. I play a close combat style and my skill is katana.... so yeah pick youw own

shadowsend
shadowsend
1 posts

For me this works:
Starter-Ripper
great damage for a starter and speed is quite good. Can be an annoyance if not aimed properly.
Side Arm-Photon Blaster
Great damage and its multi-shot can easily wreck your nooby enemies. Doesn't have any visible or obvious downfalls.
Close-Range-Terminator
May not need it but i found it worked quite well for its multi-shot,accuracy and damage. But other weapons could work better up close as well.
Automatic-Hail Storm
Its bounce will let you kill enemies you may not even see and has decent damage allowing you to get kill bonuses with its unique attribute. Is annoying when you reload, making you vulnerable.
Long Range-Holy Grail
The Holy Grail can kill enemies miles away and will one-shot anyone unshielded. Reload is a pest though.
Heavy-Destroyer
Damage is amazing sisnce it takes out about 20%-25% out of their health unshielded. It is possible to suicide with this though.
Explosive-Rocket Launcher
On personal experience, the Rocket Launcher in the game is like my dog in real life. It will help me when i need it. Quick kills can be performed and can one-shot most enemies and has great accuracy to top it off. Clip size is a downfall.

kueyounggarrick
kueyounggarrick
1 posts

I would think that the best starter wep is the ripper for speed and the multishot. The best side arm I think is the magnum because of power, although it lacks speed. close range zapper 1-2 seconds per kill on un-shielded peaps. Auto is precision laser or hailstorm. long range, HOLY GRAIL one shot kill. Heavy I like the laser minigun up close, but overall I would choose the destroyer. explosive don't get acid hound, you'll use to many credits, don't get grenade launcher because somebody else could kill that person before your grenades go off. No Ion cannon because lacks power. You should get the ice hunter or the standard rocket launch because of homing for ice hunter and power for SRL

Moonit
Moonit
1 posts

Ripper
Magnum or Photon Blaster (I tend to go for Magnum because one headshot can destroy 50% shield)
Terminator, Zapper or the Stock Shotgun (I prefer Terminator because of range, which Zapper lacks, and accuracy)
Hailstorm or Assault Bouncer
Pulsator or Holy Grail (Pulsator Splash can destroy shielded enemies, Holy Grail's bullets are precious)
Destroyer or Flamethrower (I go with Destroyer)
Stock Rocket Launcher or Acid Hound (Ion Cannon sucks, and Ice Hunter homing often is inefficient)

BalkanRenegades
BalkanRenegades
451 posts

Completed game eight times, so I can consider myself an expert in this :P

Pistols: It's all your choice.

Sidearm: Uzi or Magnum. Good old fashion opponents; damage and precision versus speed and ammo capacity.

Automatics: Human Assault Rifle. Hail Storm and Bubble Blaster

Close Range: Shotgun or Terminator.

Long Range: Sniper Rifle and Rail Gun.

Heavy: Minigun, Laser Beam and Flamethrower. I didn't test it yet, but Destroyer is also very good.

Explosives: Use Bazooka and Bazooka only. Other explosives are pretty much just a waste of money. If you realy want to test some other weapons, buy Ion Cannon or Grenade Luncher.

OlivierDupuy
OlivierDupuy
2 posts

Thanks for the tips

MuayThaiMaster
MuayThaiMaster
3 posts

BalkanRenegades said:

Long Range: Sniper Rifle and Rail Gun.

Finally someone who doesnt bandwagon with the holy grail, but holy grail is good for alien campaign

MuayThaiMaster
MuayThaiMaster
3 posts

M9 Barret:best range, looks pretty cool

Burst Torch:i dont really use sidearms so i just took the one with fire

Shotgun:Looks really cool, great for close range, power, my favorite gun unless you count katana

Precision Laser: looks cool, critical shots, long range and accuracy, one of my favorites

Pulsator/Holy Grail: Pulsator has more kills per clip+ 1 extra shot and splash damage, but i do use holy grail for alien campaign cause of j rockit's adrenaline boost

Flamethrower:cause its a flamethrower and all other heavies suck

Rocket Launcher/Acid Hound/Credit Cannon:Rocket Launcher if I feel like killing anything in my sight, acid hound or credit cannon for fun

Nabthorpe
Nabthorpe
1 posts

In my opinion for Raze 2 weapons, I would go with the 1. The Ripper 2. The Uzi 3. The regular shotgun 4. Assault Bouncer 5. Pulsator 6. Destroyer 7. Acid hound

1. ripper is super fast firing, pick up the infinite ammo pick up and its faster then the laser mini gun
2. Its good fire rate, and to me has good medium range and can be critical to heads
3. Most powerful and up close one, sure the zapper is more up close but the shotgun has more range and power for any runners
4. Its a slow firing tank of a weapon, and is a fire elemental too which is pretty useful
5. Its slow but deadly, one headshot at full health and your dead
6. the destroyer is pretty good, for me I can get two head shots on someone and there done
7. The acid hound is a decent fast firing weapon with excellent range and splash damage to take down multiple targets

Showing 136-146 of 146