ForumsWEPRA New Perspective

71 13120
SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

Have any of you ever look at something think hard enough and it changes? I sometimes look at sandals for instance and think of it as just a platform for your feet to walk on with a strap, and it changes how it looks, If sometimes I look at someones face long enough and examine all details, the face looks different. It's not just limited to looks, if i think of certain ideas or thoughts they change as I take two steps to the left and five steps backwards (metaphorically). It's like that for a lot of things that would take a really long time to talk about. Is it just me who looks at the world differently sometimes? And just in case your wondering, I don't do drugs so that's not the answer.

• 71 Replies
WildStriker404
WildStriker404
60 posts
Nomad

@ dgw91

I know. some days I can think in another language (I can think better in other languages than I can speak most of them...)

As for animals, I think their thoughts would sound like whatever situation the particular thought is about.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

i will admit i have done this aswell i remember i was on a long car journey and started philosiphising about the meaning of life etc and you become completely enveloped in ur own thoughts. I will admit to taking drugs lol

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

The reason you guys see a part of the room get darker at night when you look at it is because of real reasons, not because you have special powers to darken the world. Its because your eyes have rods and cones, (i forget which ones are for what type of light) but there is a higher concentration of one or the other at the center of your retina, so at night your eyes pick up brighter lights out of the edges of your view, so if you se something out of the corner of your eyes and look at it, it will become dimmer becuaase when you are looking directly at it, you have less receptors there for that type of light and it will appear dimmer.

Heres some more interesting info. on our eyes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retina

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

You know how humans are the only very intelligent beings on this planet? And you know how we can imagine and dream, and create our own imaginary worlds in our head? What if we are imagining this whole world as we speak? What if this is a giant dream, or simulation. We ourselves, are just our souls, and we are imagining this giant thing. Whats even more creepy is that what f none of you exist, and I am imagining you too. (There are people who go crazy, see and feels things) what if everything that I see feel hear is not real, but me imagining since I was born. I will never know for sure if any of you are real, I can never see inside your minds and see if you have thoughts of your own, I just hear you and feel you, but these stimuli that i receive could be imagined.

You know how we usually think of ourselves as living on earth and then going to heaven? What if we should think about it in a different way. What if we are born as a spirit and thrown into this simultaion, put in a body so that he can test our true character with things that are tangible, with people who you can harm, etc. And then if we pass we are alloewd to pass onto heaven.

Whatever, a bunch of random thoughts . But think about the imagination thing from your point of view.

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

@flipski
OK the first paragraph, all those thoughts come into my head a lot! you know, how can i know if you are real, i can't see your thoughts, etc. Its weird stuff when u really start thinkin about it...

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

flipski this sounds a lot like the matrix

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

Heres a thought I had once, what if that the world was just recently made like for instance a week ago, but we have false memories of living beyond that and the world just started how it is now, there is no way to prove that the world existed any further then that if it's true, we can't travel through time, and even if it did, why would it even matter?

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

@Skullzero
There is much proof for such and as much chance that that happened as there is for God...

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

@ necromancer

EXACTLY! We just don't know. But one difference, if there is a god you would find out when you die, but the theory i place could only be proved if we could go back in time or if god himself told us

kanethebrain
kanethebrain
242 posts
Nomad

Great, we've devolved into Solipsism.

There's many times that I'll be looking at something and see it in a new light. Many inventors have done this when realizing a new use for some object that others hadn't seen. Who was the first person to see a stick and instead of using it to poke someone else saw a lever? Who was the first person to see fire as a cooking tool instead of a light? Who knows what new uses we will find for something.

As for this "what's reality?" mess. Reality is what it is. To some extent, it's also what we make it into. Solipsism might me logically consistent, but it's also unsatisfying on several levels, so I tend away from that as a valid framework of reality.

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

Ya its really interesting, because all we know is what is in front of us. We can put animals or a person (would be cruel)in a box since birth and all they will know, is what is in that box. They have never had a glimpse or idea of what is outside of it, or that there even is an outside. They have lived in this environment since their creation, and to them that is all that exists. This could be our situation. We could be sitting surrounded by a curtain. Either around our world or around our minds. It doesn't matter. Have you guys ever read about those theories for our universe actually being 2 dimensional, or actually different from what we perceive. You know how certain devices can only pick up certain frequencies of light, etc. What if there are forces, and things out there, that are completely imperceptible to life as we know it and from a different perspective, our world could be completely different.

This scientifically opens the possibility of their being spirits, and a heaven and other stuff thats not perceptible to us.

Really I think we are just lab mice, and we will never really know what we are here for, what the purpose of finishing the maze is, we are placed in a system that works in a perfect balance and we are doing what we can with it. Maybe we will know someday when the experiment ends.

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

Really I think we are just lab mice, and we will never really know what we are here for, what the purpose of finishing the maze is, we are placed in a system that works in a perfect balance and we are doing what we can with it. Maybe we will know someday when the experiment ends.

I have a few things to say about that, first off, maybe it ends when we "die" and also I have had another interesting thought about that kind of thing, what if humans were really extreamly advanced creatures who have space technology seen in stuff like star wars but, we decided to put a few humans on a primitive planet with no technology or guidence (earth) and see how they will go about living, if they stay primitive or if they advance in technology as the humans who put us there did. I got to thinking about tha when I thought that maybe when we become high tech or something we should terraform a planet put some humans down there and see how they grow, then i thought, wait a second, what if we ARE that experiment.
Skyla
Skyla
291 posts
Peasant

Just your eyes playing tricks on you, happens to me often.

Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase 'You only see what you want to see.'

For example, the other day I was staring at the back of my boyfriend's head, and I could make out a picture of a medusa (Greek mythology) in his hair. You can pretty much see whatever you want to see.

A reply to XCoheedX's post on the first page (last post): You could say 'this is a dream, wake up!' in a dream. Ever got woken up in the middle of a dream? You quickly try to sleep again so you can continue watching the free movie starring yourself. If you're not in deep sleep you can actually control your actions in your dreams, you know it's a dream, but you don't know what other people's reaction in your dream will be, it's actually quite fun, and doesn't happen often, especially to me, since I don't dream often . I once went to sleep, and I kept thinking of the phrase 'Pinch me so I know I'm not dreaming' and when I had a dream, I actually did say that, and got pinched, and I thought I felt the pain, cause I was dreaming, and I was certain that I wasn't dreaming. AAAH, MINDF***. This subject is too hard to talk about in words.

-Skyla <3

WildStriker404
WildStriker404
60 posts
Nomad

@ Skyla:

That makes me wonder if it's possible for the mind to create a sort of "dreamscape," infinitely mutable (to the limits of imagination, knowledge, and memory) and rife with possibility.

I mean, inside this place, you would be God, albeit a God-in-training. I conjecture that with time and practice, you could build entire worlds large enough to take more than your waking lifetime to explore. Of course, I am sure it may be possible to drastically alter the flow of time within this dreamscape, so that years inside amount to but seconds outside. (The Chronicles of Narnia give a fantastic example of this phenomenon.)

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

Hello, the regulars here have just that in common. We all think. I think about thinking a lot, nut never figure thinking out. I have imagined the possibility of scenes like in Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy where the mice are the ones running the experiments, or in Men in black when [will smith] learns he lives in a locker. (I especially like the latter.)I doubt any of this is literally true, but if you alter the circumstances it is not much different. I have come to a conclution though: None of us can clear our minds and look at anything from only one

Showing 16-30 of 71