ForumsWEPRA New Perspective

71 13119
SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

Have any of you ever look at something think hard enough and it changes? I sometimes look at sandals for instance and think of it as just a platform for your feet to walk on with a strap, and it changes how it looks, If sometimes I look at someones face long enough and examine all details, the face looks different. It's not just limited to looks, if i think of certain ideas or thoughts they change as I take two steps to the left and five steps backwards (metaphorically). It's like that for a lot of things that would take a really long time to talk about. Is it just me who looks at the world differently sometimes? And just in case your wondering, I don't do drugs so that's not the answer.

• 71 Replies
chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

It cut me off...
Sorry.

None of us can clear our minds and look at anything with two different perspectives and see the same thing.

gman1000
gman1000
977 posts
Nomad

Try thinking about this:
How was God there before anything was there? Yes, I am a Christian. No, I don't do drugs.

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

In other words, What is infinity. I toiled with that one for a while too. How about "What is sight? where is the projector screen in your head. Your medulla does it for you, but how? How is thought?"

island_defence
island_defence
13 posts
Nomad

im confuzzled...

island_defence
island_defence
13 posts
Nomad

Oh and there is no such concept of infinity. Name me one thing that is infinite. Time possibly, but when no one is there to count it, will it exist/matter?

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
359 posts
Nomad

In one word, Yes.

If a tree falls in a forest and there is noone around to hear it, does it make a sound?
Yes...

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

Oh and there is no such concept of infinity. Name me one thing that is infinite. Time possibly, but when no one is there to count it, will it exist/matter?

Pi is infinite, if you divide any number by zero you get infinity, sure most people say you can't divide by zero but I thought about it and the answer is infinity.
BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

and 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 is an infinate times bigger than zero

Devil_may_cry
Devil_may_cry
130 posts
Nomad

in the end of the day while i am waiting to fall a sleep i gat in that mood/trip.

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

and 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 is an infinate times bigger than zero

exactly what im saying!

in the end of the day while i am waiting to fall a sleep i gat in that mood/trip.

elaborate, i'd love to hear what lies on this inside depths of the human mind, there is no wrong answer.
Skyla
Skyla
291 posts
Peasant

Ah, the existance of something that is 'infinite' has been a subject of debate for years. I believe that nothing is infinite, everything will end at one point. Before the Big Bang (I'm just stating my beliefs, dont change this debate into a religious one,) there was no time, all matter was compressed into nothingness in the initial stages. After the huge explosion, time, matter and space came to existance. We all know the universe if finite, so when the universe is non-existant, time will not exist either.

Pi is infinite, if you divide any number by zero you get infinity, sure most people say you can't divide by zero but I thought about it and the answer is infinity.

Of course, infinity definitely exists in mathematics, but not in the real word. That is not an arguement you can hold up to prove somethings are infinite.

-Skyla <3
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Sometimes you can think so deep that you start getting towards the bottom, and then you don't even know if there's a bottom anymore.

It's this state that occasionally drives people mad. Alternatively you can beat a hasty retreat, overreact...or you can get meta-critical.

I believe the final option is the most desirable. If you're given to introspection, I encourage you to start thinking about thinking.

Also, if you divide by zero, you don't get infinity. More correctly, the solution is undefined, because as a number theory rule, you cannot divide by zero...not even to get "infinity".

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

Ya, what Strop said is correct. Dividing by zero is undefined. But if you take a fraction and have the denominator approach 0, its limit will be infinity. As the denominator approaches 0 the fraction approaches infinity, so All points around Den=0 indicate that it should be nfinity, but at exactly den=0 it does not exist.

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

I know it's technically undefined but I was having one of my weird thought sessions and thought that 0 is not bigger then 1 so it can go into 1, an infinite amount of times it's a different kind of infinite the most things use, lets say for instance 1 goes into Pi an infinite amount of times, 1 if filling up the numbers but the numbers never end so it's infinite, but zero going into anything it can be placed in it an infinite amount of times, but it's not filling anything.

@ skyla
I don't know if infinity exist anywhere but mathematics, theres not enough proof, but I personally believe that the universe is infinite, but no way to prove so your just as right as I am. Also before time started, well how did it, if no time was passing by, then how could anything start? I know [currently] there is absolutely no way to prove this but for time to even make sense it had to of had no start, it was just always there, but there could've been time ticking in absolute nothingness and then some unknown force [God?] made the big bang. (And again, lets not make this a debate of religion)

gman1000
gman1000
977 posts
Nomad

Think about this: What is eternity. Ahh! Head getting dizzy!

Showing 31-45 of 71