Forums

ForumsProgramming Forum

can anyone help me?!?!

Posted Oct 14, '11 at 1:10am

danielisscool

danielisscool

4 posts

i want to learn how to program but i have no money. is there anyway to learn to program for free??
please help

Posted Oct 14, '11 at 6:49am

Theheyjude

Theheyjude

115 posts

Yes, most beginner programming languages don't cost anything to learn, such as C++ and visualbasics. The only one that's gunna leave you with. A broken wallet is flash cs5, and that defiantly isn't were you want to start

Posted Oct 14, '11 at 7:36am

ExplosionsHurt

ExplosionsHurt

262 posts

Another option is using HTML5, and the <canvas> tag.

I haven't had a lot of experience in it, but this and this look like good places to start.

Posted Oct 14, '11 at 12:18pm

pirateplatypusgames

pirateplatypusgames

40 posts

If you want to learn how to Develop Flash, search or Flash LiveDocs and Flex SDK.

Posted Oct 14, '11 at 5:10pm

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,879 posts

Another option is using HTML5, and the <canvas> tag.

I wouldn't recommend it, it would be beyond infuriating starting with that.

Python, Java and other languages are free and relatively easy to learn.

Posted Oct 14, '11 at 5:30pm

danielisscool

danielisscool

4 posts

but idk where to learn java i have explored the internet and i got nothing.Darkroot do you know where i can learn it? please give link

Posted Oct 14, '11 at 6:11pm

KyahcoSukaimasutae

KyahcoSukaimasutae

322 posts

well i must tell you going to the free online tutorials will be a mistake but here is a site i am taking going to take video class on for free

khan academy

also i REALLY REALY sugest speeding 8-10$ on a good book from here

oreilly

they have some awesome reads that are as accurate as you can get! just look for a book here and then GO to AMIZON and buy it there! i have never payed more than 10 or maybe 15 $ on a book, this is the best aproach i think!

but i would sugest python or java persanaly (i started with AS3, not the best idea... LOL)

Posted Oct 14, '11 at 7:40pm

danielisscool

danielisscool

4 posts

@KyahcoSukaimasutae dude if you read it says i dont have any money

Posted Oct 14, '11 at 10:13pm

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,879 posts

Here let me give you a tip on where to find tutorials and such here. First link from oracle is fine, everything else is also fine.

but i would sugest python or java persanaly (i started with AS3, not the best idea... LOL)

Yeah since in AS3 you have to deal with the stage and library and it make everything more complex that just a IDLE program.

Posted Oct 16, '11 at 4:45pm

KyahcoSukaimasutae

KyahcoSukaimasutae

322 posts

@danielisscool

well i saw that, but the free tutorails will most likely teach you wrong in one way or another, so though they can get you on your feet it will be hard latter, if you real want to be a good programer you have to pay alittle, you get what you pay for... but you can't even get les than 10 bucks?
but i sugest geting it from the people that made to langue or people that had a derect conectiont, that is why i sujested oriely.

but i sugest this site for any programmer!

programmers at work

though it will not teach you code, it is reviews from programmers that will teach you a lot about programming from big programers! AND IT FREE .

but most of all i wish you the best of luck

yeah but i us engeine a lot so it is easyer also this book has blessed me!

Essentail ActionScript 3.0

it is one of the best AS3 book around... i read the "actionscript the definetive guide" first and now i am slowly reading tough this 900 page book! LOL XD it is wonderfull though!

Reply to can anyone help me?!?!

You must be logged in to post a reply!