ForumsNews and FeedbackWhat are your thoughts on AG3?

50 14232
david1234254
david1234254
16 posts
Peasant

I haven't taken a Huge look into it, but from what I've seen I don't like it all that much at all. I'd love to see other peoples opinions on it. I've always liked the classic look of Armor Games that they've been sporting for quite some time. The newer one looks to, well new lol.

• 50 Replies
mich816
mich816
5 posts
Peasant

i think ag3 is great i was an original beta tester and i love the layout its got cool new features to it

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

i dont like it as much as other people, it looks like a knock-off, i cant comment, and the only thing i like is less ads next to your game

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Currently, yes. It looked much better in closed beta. But if they decide to keep it the way it is then that's business for you. It doesn't matter what a few people think as long as it appeals to the vast majority.

FireGoth
FireGoth
9 posts
Peasant

I looked around it and checked out everything I could on the new beta site. I kept running into games that lagged more on the new site that didn't lag on the old site. I kept having alot of trouble with alot of stuff actually. I think the creators of the new site tried to rush into it to much.

Why mess with a good thing?

Myspace lost all their fans by redoing stuff till people just said forget this and they went to either twitter or facebook. I see the same in Armor Games future unless they redo the new site and start over with what's really important.

I'll always be a fan of the old site layout but the new sites home page and slideshow isn't half bad.

I give the old site 10/10
New site 4/10

Rayce002
Rayce002
135 posts
Scribe

Currently, yes. It looked much better in closed beta. But if they decide to keep it the way it is then that's business for you. It doesn't matter what a few people think as long as it appeals to the vast majority.

One of the problems that they could run into is a major decline in users because of the change. Personally, I like the site because the search bar actually works, but there are drawbacks. You can't comment or rate (yet).
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

I like AG2 the way it is. I personally don't think such a huge change is necessary.

It seems, however, that the general public disagrees with me, and I have no choice but to accept AG3 as an inevitability.

What he said. I'm not exactly looking forward to AG3.
KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

ugh i knew we should have waited longer for public beta...

You can't comment or rate (yet).

well it is beta, in closed beta you could, as was said to every one, the features for profiles where to down because of opean beta, they will be but back, just wait,

as i have said agian and again, it is only beta new features will come, also what is it that you guys really want? no change? why? you can handle a little need change? the looks? dang the looks! why do you care that much about whther it has round edges or not!? i when to AG because the games here great! the forum is great! the dev support is good... but they are working to make it fantastic! not because of a preety flash home page or any thing.

sorry... for the the explodtion but please your getting no-where fast! kong people if you don't like it here sorry but why did you make a profile just to complain about it here?!? don't like AG3 take it to Get Satifaction or leave! don't go to our forums and complain and make fifty topic about it! maybe they do that at kong but not here...

sorry for that... i had to get it out of my system...
workstop180
workstop180
6 posts
Nomad

Try playing AG3 while enjoying a cold can of New Coke.

aixianling
aixianling
3 posts
Nomad

I've seen some arguments on this, but however I have a sort of neutral perspective. I like the design and visuals on AG3 and I think it would be a improvement to AG's already high status, but I believe the new extras are a bit unnecessary because the AG2 site has been showing this crisp, classic look that has been a trademark for AG(In my opinion).
Change however is nature, and I do look forward to the future AG website. All that I am expecting is for the new site to continue with the AG simplicity that is shown in AG2...
This is just my opinion.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

That's really cool. People have been requesting backgrounds and different languages for a while now, so it's good that they finally got around to adding them. Only problem I have with the background changes are that when you pick the bottom one (Parchment, currently my favorite aside from Medieval) you can't see the top ones, only two above that one. They should add a little scroll bar to it.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

This is how it looks for me:
http://i.imgur.com/uXjow.png

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Yep, that's why I couldn't see all of them. Oh well, it's not that big of a deal. I can just click on the medieval one if I want to see them all.

godsmvp
godsmvp
31 posts
Jester

They tried too hard on the new AG3... I like the simple look of AG2... the new theme kinda throws me off, more on the page rather than the actual games.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

hmm wierd that that effeted the toolbar! hmm weird... well GoM... AD blocking ugh... go to this link:

don't like ads? click here!

They tried too hard on the new AG3...

i am sorry but, we (the beta tester,web devs, admins, every one at AG and abound) put a lot of work in to making the site work! i have been here for all of it and tested the second i could! we worked hard and sweted and teared dr.pepper the whole way! i am not sher what what you mean by "too hard". can you explane what shows that it was too hard (well the dr. pepper was a little harsh and left ya sticky but... XD forget it)

also jeol... wow i love the... uhm nice looks to the updated..uhm AGjoel website... XD
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

They tried too hard on the new AG3... I like the simple look of AG2... the new theme kinda throws me off, more on the page rather than the actual games.

That's life for you; things change and we adjust, that's how things are and you'll get used to it. If you really have any good ideas for AG3 instead of the incessant complaining/crying like how some people are, then fire away.
hmm wierd that that effeted the toolbar! hmm weird... well GoM... AD blocking ugh... go to this link:

don't like ads? click here!

I really don't care how mad people get over it; it's how I like to browse the web. I dislike seeing ads everywhere I go and getting in the way of things, thus I install ad blockers. Yes, I know it gives the sites money, but one person enabling ad blockers won't make the site go away.
Showing 31-45 of 50