ForumsPopular MediaBest Guitarist?

75 11575
eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

Alright so, i haven't seen this thread, so i decided i see what the ArmorGames community thinks.
Any genre, any time period. Make sure to specify who they play for, unless their solo. If your willing to, cite a vid. to show the world why.
[btw: if u say herman li i will find u...and do terrible things to your dog(or cat)]

4 me= John Petrucci- please go find his solo of the Dreamtheater album "Once in a LiveTime"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITIfITKGhVw

• 75 Replies
SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

ME! lol i'm not too good with a guitar, I actually prefer drums, im pretty good if you put one in front of me, though my parents never bought me one cuz they too loud, the only instuments i play is the violin (>.< not enjoying that one too much) and piano (^.^ that one is where the funs at) I can im not too sure who but one question, why is herman li out of bounds? i've heard better true but why is he?

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

Because if this thread actually gets attention (not that anything in the music topic does) then i will get tons of HERMAN LI!! and he plays for DragonForce who speeds up their music in studio, and can't actually play live, so i don't wanna see such a blatent lie that GH3 would have people believe.

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

dragon forces live concerts suck arse, which means they obviosly cheat or something on the videos or they get extreamly drunk b4 they ever go out in public

Alguzara
Alguzara
519 posts
Nomad

Actually i go for Kurt Cobain...
Nirvana's guitarist and lead singer who suicided =/
Check any song in youtube from Nirvana.
PS:recommended Smells Like Teen Spirit!

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

@Alguzara
REally?? Cobain? no disresepect, but i can think of 40 better guitarist that everyone knows...Paige, Townshend, Dimebag(pantera), Satriani, Vai, even slash! who else from that time period...metallica, iron maiden, slayer...

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

Slash cause he has kick GRass solos

kingofvwcosmos
kingofvwcosmos
74 posts
Nomad

I agree with eyetwitch

Petrucci ftw

I love his last solo (the part right after the keyboard solo) on This Dying Soul

Alguzara
Alguzara
519 posts
Nomad

Well maybe not cobain >_<
Then ill go for Tom Morello...(ratm)
he makes tricks with the guitar xD
Hope people dont say he sucks too >_<

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

@Alguzara
lol, def. not morello! He is a pioneer of the guitar. can't believe i forgot about him...

@kinfofvwcosmos
or the In the name of god solo, or as i am solo (i love train of thought, sooo much)

Oh, theres also Michael Romeo of Symphony X.
Malmsteen, Muhammed Suicmez,
no! i just remember Jason Becker...good lord.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jK978921Yw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3fvB4QO1qo&feature=related

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

oh lol thats confusing, i mean that morello does not suck...he is amazing

Flare
Flare
57 posts
Nomad

Kerry King I would say. That is a little biased against everyone else ,because Slayer is my favorite band.

kingofvwcosmos
kingofvwcosmos
74 posts
Nomad

@eyetwitch
or Under a Glass Moon
lol I completely forgot about that one

Michael Romeo is tied for 2nd place (with about 3 other guitarists) for my favorite guitarist

bbyers9113
bbyers9113
283 posts
Nomad

This is such a tough question. If I had to pick someone modern, it would definitely be Tom Morello. If it was someone older, I think I might have to go with Carlos Santana. I also like Eddie Van Halen, Jimmy Paige, Eric Clapton, and Jimi Hendrix.

bbyers9113
bbyers9113
283 posts
Nomad

Oh yeah, and just to anger eyetwitch, I will throw out Eric Johnson too.

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

@bbyers9113
Lol i don't have aproblem with any of those, i think jimi gets a little too much credit some times, but he earned most of it...and i don't know eric johnson beyond cliffs over dover, which is fantastic.

Lol i keep remembering more guitarists: Paul Waggoner-BTBAM a sweep god imo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__5FTokSYkg

Showing 1-15 of 75