Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Alexis' Assorted Writings

Posted Dec 10, '11 at 12:22am

Alexistigerspice

Alexistigerspice

648 posts

I dont want to give everything away! :S
Chapter one is going to explain why the as-of-yet unnamed protagonist got into the situation hes in.  The story is going to switch between him and this "sidekick"  who has heard of bad dudes tyrannic way of ruling his people.  So sidekick and hero meet in a retelling of the prologue from the sidekicks view.  Then from that point the story will continue with sidekick and hero dude trying to (omitted for suspense).

Posted Dec 10, '11 at 12:26am

devsaupa

devsaupa

924 posts

Alrighty then, thank you for clearing that up. I will now take my nosy questions away.

*throws away writing pad with list of nosy questions that will never be asked, EVER*

Posted Dec 10, '11 at 12:29am

Alexistigerspice

Alexistigerspice

648 posts

Um ok then... I'll try to update my novel at least once a week.  I'm not going to promise though because I want it to be good and you cant rush goodness:3

Posted Dec 10, '11 at 8:34am

j_c_mooncity

j_c_mooncity

128 posts

I really like it, does it take place in medieval times, or now, or the future?

Posted Dec 10, '11 at 1:13pm

Alexistigerspice

Alexistigerspice

648 posts

I suppose its more like medieval, but they people in the story don't consider it to be, of course.  This all "happened" around the time Julius Caesar was in power.

Posted Dec 10, '11 at 8:01pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,970 posts

The story is really great so far.

I suppose its more like medieval, but they people in the story don't consider it to be, of course.  This all "happened" around the time Julius Caesar was in power.

A time period isn't really needed at all because there are similar harsh rulers in every era. Perhaps instead of giving a time setting outright, mention weapons or items that would gradually date the storyline to the iron age.

Yeah, I also dont have a name for the antagonist yet.  I'm calling him "bad dude".  Idk its a work in progress.

How does Vileus Bane sound?

Posted Dec 10, '11 at 8:13pm

Alexistigerspice

Alexistigerspice

648 posts

Sounds cool:)  Both are sinister sounding. 
I wasnt planning on giving an exact date, since there wasnt really a solid grasp of time back then, but I plan on the content alluding to the time.

Posted Dec 10, '11 at 8:57pm

Alexistigerspice

Alexistigerspice

648 posts

Charlie, I love you
You are my best friend.
A life was lost,
A sad, early end.
Hold on for me
Hold on for him
It will be okay
Just try to mend.
The wreck was bad
And left a lasting scar
But dont let go of life
Don't forget who you are.

I'll pray for you til you come home.

I love you Charlie D':

Posted Dec 14, '11 at 3:53pm

xAyjAy

xAyjAy

1,683 posts

have you ever shared some of your poems by a poem contest? you would win because your poems are very good!

how can i write a haiku? i wrote some poems by myself but only in german so far.

Posted Dec 14, '11 at 5:18pm

Alexistigerspice

Alexistigerspice

648 posts

A haiku is a 5-7-5 syllable pattern
The dog is fluf*fy
I like fluf*fy lit*tle dogs
They are real*ly cute.
See?  Not that great of a haiku but it gets the point across.
I have entered a poetry contest.  I entered one when I was in grade 8, and I won 1st place out of the whole school.  My poem got published in "Award Winning Young Writers of America," the 2009-2010 edition.  Its on page one.
I didnt win le grande prize, but I was excited to have it published nonetheless.

Reply to Alexis' Assorted Writings

You must be logged in to post a reply!