ForumsProgramming ForumOther Programming language

7 4250
The_0utsider
The_0utsider
4 posts
Nomad

Hello,I'm not sure if this was asked before, if it was than I am truly sorry,My question is:Is there anyway to program a Flash game with another OOP programming language(For example:Java)?I'm just curious because I would rather program in Java, which i am more comfortable with than ActionScript

• 7 Replies
The_0utsider
The_0utsider
4 posts
Nomad

does anyone know?

Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

Im pretty sure that you can, but you will need a Java compiler to put the code and execute it

Anyway, you can search over the web some ways to do flash games with Java, hope this helps you.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

I think i have heard at one point that it is possible to compile an .exe file as a .swf, but other then that i don't think so.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

I don't get it why does it have to be a flash game? Why not html5, you would have better luck as a beginner since it's relatively new and probably going to take over on the smart phone side of the internet.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I don't get it why does it have to be a flash game? Why not html5, you would have better luck as a beginner since it's relatively new and probably going to take over on the smart phone side of the internet.

Guessing it's because he wants to submit it to AG.
WhiskeyedJack
WhiskeyedJack
80 posts
Shepherd

The short answer is no. You have to learn some AS3. There was a pretty cool comparison between the two languages here:
- Part 1
- Part 2
There some bindings for Java available in BlazeDS but that is more for sending information between a flash file and java.

The_0utsider
The_0utsider
4 posts
Nomad

thanks guys

Showing 1-7 of 7