Forums

ForumsProgramming Forum

Other Programming language

Posted Nov 10, '11 at 10:34pm

The_0utsider

The_0utsider

4 posts

Hello,I'm not sure if this was asked before, if it was than I am truly sorry,My question is:Is there anyway to program a Flash game with another OOP programming language(For example:Java)?I'm just curious because I would rather program in Java, which i am more comfortable with than ActionScript

Posted Nov 11, '11 at 7:44am

The_0utsider

The_0utsider

4 posts

does anyone know?

Posted Nov 11, '11 at 8:05am

Carlytoon

Carlytoon

329 posts

Im pretty sure that you can, but you will need a Java compiler to put the code and execute it :D

Anyway, you can search over the web some ways to do flash games with Java, hope this helps you.

Posted Nov 11, '11 at 8:42am

master565

master565

4,288 posts

I think i have heard at one point that it is possible to compile an .exe file as a .swf, but other then that i don't think so.

Posted Nov 12, '11 at 1:21am

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,879 posts

I don't get it why does it have to be a flash game? Why not html5, you would have better luck as a beginner since it's relatively new and probably going to take over on the smart phone side of the internet.

Posted Nov 12, '11 at 7:36am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,242 posts

Knight

I don't get it why does it have to be a flash game? Why not html5, you would have better luck as a beginner since it's relatively new and probably going to take over on the smart phone side of the internet.

Guessing it's because he wants to submit it to AG.

Posted Nov 12, '11 at 8:53am

WhiskeyedJack

WhiskeyedJack

85 posts

The short answer is no. You have to learn some AS3. There was a pretty cool comparison between the two languages here:
- Part 1
- Part 2
There some bindings for Java available in BlazeDS but that is more for sending information between a flash file and java.

Posted Nov 17, '11 at 8:25pm

The_0utsider

The_0utsider

4 posts

thanks guys

Reply to Other Programming language

You must be logged in to post a reply!