ForumsWEPR[duplicate]do u think god exists?

51 9773
JAMEZZS
JAMEZZS
50 posts
Nomad

God doesn't exist because of the Red Light coming from the galaxies. When the planets are spreading they are dragging the light making it longer so it shifts to the longer wavelength of the visible light spectrum called the Red Light affect. This means that they have been expanding from a single point therefore they have been thrown into the universe by the Big Bang. The fossils prove the missing link between the monkeys and humans and therefore we must've evolved from them. God was invented to control the masses and before the police that was necessary to keep people in their place. Therefore why do we still believe in him when we have proven otherwise. 2/3 of the planet still believe in God and I want to know what u think, yeah?

• 51 Replies
JAMEZZS
JAMEZZS
50 posts
Nomad

Yes, that's why I knew what you were talking about and also knew the correct term for it.

They are both correct terms.

Religions claim proof in their miracles, prophets, and holy texts, along with religious leaders

They are wrong. That isn't proof that is fabrication

Not all religions that have a god believe in hell.

I am well aware of that; I was speaking specifically about christianity because I can't speak about other religions because it is considered racism which is unfair but that is why.

So childish actions are allowed? Going, "I win haha" is what I would expect from a 10 year old.

Yes it is. The only thing that isn't allowed is anti-social behaviour; childish behaviour is permitted in this thread.

Also, people aren't going to look every second to see your posts. You can't claim a victory simply because people don't respond to you within an hour or so.

Yes I can, but I change my mind; it seems like u need more convincing...

P.S, quintouple posting is a no-no.

I will post as much as I want to; it's my thread!
JAMEZZS
JAMEZZS
50 posts
Nomad

Haha! Got nothin to say to that, have you Kasic?! I have outwitted u and I win against u. Now for the next religious guy....

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

This actually is wrong. There's good evidence showing the ancestor line of humans, and monkeys do not appear there. We do share a common ancestor with monkeys, but did not evolve from them.

Actually yeah we did evolve from monkeys, just not modern day monkeys.

As for disproving God we can disprove certain claims of a god eliminating the possibility of that particular god's existence bit the existence of a god in general remains unprovable. However without evidence and only clearly made up stories coupled with observations that if one were to exist it/he/she/them would be superfluous in nature. This leaves us with no reason to believe a god exists.
AgathaB
AgathaB
154 posts
Nomad

Oh for the love of...

Ah, but do have the reverse of this: do you have proof that god does exist, eh?

You yourself have provided no proof to the contrary either. What you have shown is not proof of God's nonexistence, it's simply disproving certain biblical theories which have been rejected by many Christians anyway.

Proving God exists is inconsequential. Religion is based on faith, not fact.

If we came from a common Ancestor, then how come the Adam and Eve theory doesn't support this, eh?

The story of Adam and Eve is considered an allegory by many a Christian.

I am well aware of that; I was speaking specifically about christianity because I can't speak about other religions because it is considered racism which is unfair but that is why.

It's good that you admit to not being equipped to talk of other religions, but what you should have done is researched them, at the very least, before making a general claim such as you have done.

Yes it is. The only thing that isn't allowed is anti-social behaviour; childish behaviour is permitted in this thread.

When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

Corinthians 13:11

What you should get from this post:

I'm an atheist, a strongly convinced one at that. As are, indeed, many people here, it seems. I believe in research and diligence. Neither of which you have done.

P.S. How am I doing with the whole Devil's Advocate thing I've got going on here?
JAMEZZS
JAMEZZS
50 posts
Nomad

Thank you, MageGrayWolf. Glad someobdy sees it from my persepctive.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Haha! Got nothin to say to that, have you Kasic?! I have outwitted u and I win against u. Now for the next religious guy....

1) I'm an atheist. I don't believe God exists. However, we can't 100% disprove it and you saying you can is just flat out false. As Mage said, there is no reason to believe one exists.

2) Again, just because I don't respond in an hour or two does not mean I'm gone. Armorgames is at the moment being VERY slow, it took me 15 minutes this time for me to get to this page.

3) You have not out witted me, you have showen that you post on top of yourself multiple times and that you are immature.

I will post as much as I want to; it's my thread!

Doesn't matter, don't do it. Address it all in one post, maybe two if you forgot something or someone added something else while you were composing your first.

Do you have a goal for this thread, or do you just want to laugh in everyone's face and act like a spoiled child getting his way?

Now, as for the religions not having proof and you calling them fabrications...How do you know that God didn't do it? Even if we can explain it with science, who's to say God didn't cause that to happen?
JAMEZZS
JAMEZZS
50 posts
Nomad

Proving God exists is inconsequential. Religion is based on faith, not fact.
Therefore he doesn't exist else you wouldn't believe in him, you would know that he existed for a fact, therefore you are wrong.

P.S. How am I doing with the whole Devil's Advocate thing I've got going on here?
. Pretty good...
JAMEZZS
JAMEZZS
50 posts
Nomad

I'm an atheist. I don't believe God exists.
Good.

However, we can't 100% disprove it
. We can't outright prove it either, so why believe in it whatsoever? If it was made up by man without any evidence what makes you think that we would happen to be as we imagined it would, eh?

Again, just because I don't respond in an hour or two does not mean I'm gone. Armorgames is at the moment being VERY slow, it took me 15 minutes this time for me to get to this page.
Same. I had to try out 7 different web browsers to get it to work whatsoever (BTW, try Safari; it works...).

You have not out witted me, you have showen that you post on top of yourself multiple times and that you are immature.
Thank you; I never said that I am mature. That was a false presumption on your part. I never did think that of myself, see?

Doesn't matter, don't do it. Address it all in one post, maybe two if you forgot something or someone added something else while you were composing your first.
I had several revelations at different intervals in time, so therefore I posted it. I don't care what your opinion is about my quantity of postage I'll post as much as I want to.

Do you have a goal for this thread, or do you just want to laugh in everyone's face and act like a spoiled child getting his way?
Both. I want to act like a spoiled child and I want to prove to you (and every other religious guy) that God does not exist, period.

Now, as for the religions not having proof and you calling them fabrications...How do you know that God didn't do it? Even if we can explain it with science, who's to say God didn't cause that to happen?
You got me there; I fall on my own sword. Congratulations, you beat me at something that I hadn't thought of (no sarcasm implied). I am man enough to admit that I am wrong... I still believe in the Big Bang Theory because you gotta believe in somethin then, don't you?
AgathaB
AgathaB
154 posts
Nomad

Therefore he doesn't exist else you wouldn't believe in him, you would know that he existed for a fact, therefore you are wrong.

You are missing the point. A major facet of religion is the fact that it doesn't need proof of God's existence - faith is a belief not based on fact.

Besides,

What matters is not whether God is disprovable (he isn't) but whether his existence is probable.
JAMEZZS
JAMEZZS
50 posts
Nomad

That means that he doesn't exist. You admit that. And I also believe that it is a good thing to believe in God; just because I lost my faith, doesn't mean to say that it isn't a good thing to believe. I have to agree with you there.

What matters is not whether God is disprovable (he isn't) but whether his existence is probable.
I agree with you, but I believe in the Big Bang Theory regardless of how many times I have now contradicted myself...
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Since your arguments don't provide a definition of the god your seeking to disprove your arguments against a god in general are not founded.

I still believe in the Big Bang Theory because you gotta believe in somethin then, don't you?

While I do accept the Big bang theory based on the evidence this does not mean we have to believe in something. If we don't have a supported explanation for an observation we can simply leave it as an unknown until we can gain evidence.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

We can't outright prove it either, so why believe in it whatsoever?

I don't think you should believe god exists, I'm just saying that there's no definitive proof either way.

I don't care what your opinion is about my quantity of postage I'll post as much as I want to.

It's considered spam to continually post after yourself.

I want to prove to you (and every other religious guy) that God does not exist, period.

Simply, you can't &quotrove" it one way or the other. There's nothing that flat out disproves the existence or possibility of there being a supernatural being that we would call, "God." Even if you can utterly rip apart any holy text or religion, that does not preclude the possibility of there being a supernatural being.

I still believe in the Big Bang Theory because you gotta believe in somethin then, don't you?

"Believe" is a bit of a misleading word. The better way to state this is that at the moment the Big Bang Theory fits the best with our current knowledge of the universe.

As for having to believe in something...no, I don't think so, at least not the way I think you're saying it. It's not required to hold some way of thought in order to get along in the world.
JAMEZZS
JAMEZZS
50 posts
Nomad

Since your arguments don't provide a definition of the god your seeking to disprove your arguments against a god in general are not founded.
Fair enough, I see your point. I'm trying to prove the Big Bang Theory happened and therefore religion is wrong about Adam and Eve I'm not trying to disprove God, I'm just sayin that if that part is made up, why should God himself not be made up? Not that he definitely is, but that I believe he doesn't myself personally.

While I do accept the Big bang theory based on the evidence this does not mean we have to believe in something. If we don't have a supported explanation for an observation we can simply leave it as an unknown until we can gain evidence.
Precisely why religion is made-up! Because if it was something that was invented based on supposition and not fact, then therefore how can it exist even if God does, the other things in the holy books including the Bible are false. And any religion before that as well, yeah?

Any more ideas?
AgathaB
AgathaB
154 posts
Nomad

I agree with you, but I believe in the Big Bang Theory regardless of how many times I have now contradicted myself...

That was not me. That was a man whose book you should read to understand how coherent arguments are made in this kind of debate.

That means that he doesn't exist. You admit that. And I also believe that it is a good thing to believe in God; just because I lost my faith, doesn't mean to say that it isn't a good thing to believe. I have to agree with you there.

You're missing the point again. It doesn't mean He doesn't exist. It only means that we can neither prove nor disprove his existence. Nor did I ever at any point say that religion is an inherently good thing. Please read thoroughly before commenting.

The Big Bang Theory has nothing to do with the existence of God. In fact, 18th century philosophers were the first to believe in a God who pretty much created the world and then went on his merry way. Which, to put it in a modern context, could mean that God set up the Big Bang and then was simply never heard from again.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

therefore religion is wrong about Adam and Eve

Any person who applies at least some thought or has some knowledge of biology will know that, if interpreted at face value, the story of Adam and Eve is a load of horse dung.

then therefore how can it exist even if God does

The "ultimate" defence that religion has is this statement.

God is the cause of everything in the universe. He created everything as it is, and is behind every action that occurs.

You can't disprove this, or argue against it, because you would have to disprove reality. In this instance, throwing God behind it all is adding something that can neither be proven nor disproven, and since religion requires faith this is not a problem.
Showing 16-30 of 51