ForumsWEPRHomosexuality

704 155206
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Since this topic hasn't been popping up much, and since the old threads are all so cluttered up, I took the liberty of creating this new one.

So yes, someone asked me for sources about my claims that 1500 species of animals practice homosexual behaviour? Here.

Source 1

Source 2

Now on to one of the sub questions. Is it natural? Well, someone mentioned that it wasn't natural only for humans. Now, why this discrimination? If the Gods of various religions keep throwing and creating people who are homosexual, either a) They're bad factory operators or b) Something is fishy with whatever anti-gay talk religious conservatives swear is sacred.

• 704 Replies
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

The netherlands actually has a fantastic adoption and foster care ratio.

On a yearly basis nearly 13,000 children find a new home through foster care and internal adoption, whereas nearly 800 are internationally adopted. LGBT adoption, made legal in the Netherlands in 2001 has had a great impact in reducing the number of children residing in temporary homes or unsubstantial standards.

In the mean while there was December 2007 a waiting list of nearly 1,000 Dutch children waiting for a (temporary family) simultaneously over 4,000 couples are waiting to adopt a foreign child.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Where is your statistics for that?

the fact that there are still alot of foster homes tell that it doesn't get eliminated. also do most people around here want to adopt african or asian children.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

the fact that there are still alot of foster homes tell that it doesn't get eliminated. also do most people around here want to adopt african or asian children.

That isn't official statistics.

Foster care is better than a child living in neglect and a lot of gay couples also foster.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

That isn't official statistics.

i don't think there is much intrest in these numbers around here.
to find them i will need some time. however i c you found some already.

Foster care is better than a child living in neglect and a lot of gay couples also foster.

yes and yes.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

ive found something. it's dutch so giving a link is kinda useless. i'll translate some of the numbers. and "google translate" some of the sentences.

-in 2010, 15.500 foster homes adpot 24.150 children for both short and long period.
-in 2010 2.991 new foster homes are accepted. and 3.163 foster homes stoped.
-on 1 jan 2010, 15.206 children are in a foster home.
-the amount of children has double in the last 10 year.

"Despite the growth in the number of installation, there is great pressure on the capacity of foster care and is "over-utilization."

"In 2010, 36 percent of foster children placed with acquaintances"

"Foster care can be temporary or long term. Of the children whose foster care placement was completed in 2010, has 38 percent less than three months in the foster family lived, 29 per cent three months to one year, 34 percent longer than one year. Of the new placement is 23 percent and 15 percent part-time foster care crisis, especially during weekends and holiday care. Most placements, 62 percent relates to full-time foster care."

0 - 4 years: 36 percent
5 to 11 years: 36 percent
12 to 14 years: 13 percent
15 years and older: 14 percent
18 years: 1 percent

compared to some other country's in europe (there is not much info about these numbers in europe is what the site tells me aswell)
we have a realy low rate of amount of foster homes. only 0,2% of all households. it's the same as bulgaria. france 0,3% germany 0,5%

all info is coming from the "dutch youth institut" wich used the numbers of the "dutch institut of foster care"

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

I go back to my original point. Isn't it better for them to be in foster care?

Sure it sucks that it has to be that way. But i reckon gay couples have contributed greatly to the increase of placements, taking children out of group homes and placing them in a stable environment.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

I go back to my original point. Isn't it better for them to be in foster care?

didn't i agree whit that already?

i reckon gay couples have contributed greatly to the increase of placements

there are no numbers about that.

anyway it's not like their is a ****load of gay's in this country that all want to adopt.

that it is allowed doesn't mean we have more gay's
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

anyway it's not like their is a ****load of gay's in this country that all want to adopt.

No offense, but how would you know how many gays there are in NL?

1. You don't know the entire population.
2. Not everyone who is gay is out and proud.
3. [I'm assuming] you're not on the gay scene.

Until i came out and got involved with the scene, i had no idea how many gay people there were in my city. And the people at the gay club on a friday are only a small percentage.
exitpathuser
exitpathuser
154 posts
Nomad

I think this is like the civil rights movement there were a bunch of people that opposed civil rights for women and black people but hey today women can get the same jobs as men and black people get equal rights. I don't think its fair to judge people by the way they look, feel, or their gender

chrisrock
chrisrock
2 posts
Peasant

homosexuality was normal in the roman empire and greek's and punished only when cristianity appeared and priest's began to have total control over the masses and brainwashed everybody, even now they do it,but thanks to the web i hope people are growing smarter.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

homosexuality was normal in the roman empire and greek's and punished only when cristianity appeared and priest's began to have total control over the masses and brainwashed everybody, even now they do it,but thanks to the web i hope people are growing smarter.

Well Priests tend to argue with Leviticus but modern examination kind of shows the only reason there are what could be deemed as homophobic verses in the bible are due to a population crisis. It wasn't that the bible speaks out against homosexuals, it's that they asked them to perhaps just not be gay for a while until the place was correctly populated again.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

it kind of angers me how they use one small thing in there to hate a group of people. that same book also forbidens eating pig products, shrimps, dairies and meat at the same time and cutting your own hair. people are just looking for the smallest thing and "reason" to have someone they can hate to feel superior

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Well, my kind of argument, is how can the passage in the bible that argues "against homosexuality" also argue against incest.
Now in a twisted way, [not exactly what i'm into] but i mean, You had adam and eve, they had 2 sons... Where did their women come from?
I mean from the procreation terms, incest had to be the birth of the earth.

Double standards much.

I'm not throwing this out there to offend Christians. I myself am a Christian and i study it at College, but come on.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Well Priests tend to argue with Leviticus but modern examination kind of shows the only reason there are what could be deemed as homophobic verses in the bible are due to a population crisis. It wasn't that the bible speaks out against homosexuals, it's that they asked them to perhaps just not be gay for a while until the place was correctly populated again.

No It does speak out against homosexuality.

Leviticus 18:22
"'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

Leviticus 20:13
"'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
1 Corinthians 6:9
Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders

Those doesn't sound like suggestions to me and there are more.

These attempts to make such parts not mean what they are saying is just another example of cognitive dissonance. You are told the Bible is a book of morals, you are confronted with verse that are clearly not moral, so to resolve the dissonance you try and make those parts mean something else.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

No offense, but how would you know how many gays there are in NL?

1. You don't know the entire population.
2. Not everyone who is gay is out and proud.
3. [I'm assuming] you're not on the gay scene.

Until i came out and got involved with the scene, i had no idea how many gay people there were in my city. And the people at the gay club on a friday are only a small percentage.

pff wanna play it like that.
then please show me the numbers that gay people are fixing our need to have houses for foster children.

there is also no way you can know that.
you assume just as much.

our institut say that they are working 101%
this 1% means that 1% of the time children are placed in foster homes that actualy couldn't handle this extra kid. (wich also has effect on the other children living in that house)
you would think that after 10 year of gay marrige atleast this 1% would be fixed right?
also keep in mind that children can also be placed at people who are solo. wich COULD also fix the problem. but it doesn't.

the size of the gay scene doesn't matter. the question was if adoption by gay people fixes the need for more foster homes.
Showing 676-690 of 704