Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Yesterday and Tomorrow

Posted Jan 9, '12 at 2:38pm

Gantic

Gantic

10,049 posts

Half of ROaTNO is nonsense, just like Lore. Lore fizzled. It took me a year to go nowhere because I didn't have the time to keep it up. I'd rather start writing '461bisHbK72l3mQpEAdsfGb'.

The Way of Moderation: Round 8.

You finished it.

Posted Jan 11, '12 at 9:34pm

Gantic

Gantic

10,049 posts

Street Lights

It was a dark and foggy night. The lights outside each wore a smear of an orb. A night sprite, a small spot of bright yellow glow like a firefly, drifted beneath the lights. I could not remember the last time I saw one, but then I could not remember the last time I took a look outside at night. It is not something I care to remember. The sprite circled around one lamppost a few times before moving onto the next lamppost and then weaving in between the two. It was impossible to tell why it was out there. Unlike insects, sprites were not attracted to lights. I do not know where it went after. The game came back from commercials.

Posted Jun 25, '12 at 12:46pm

Gantic

Gantic

10,049 posts

Project Proteus and Project Olympus

I want to see Creativity! Inspiration! Possibility! and Chance! The Marriage of Freedom and Constraint. Gusto, a Splash of Life. Panache and Passion. A Flourish of Invention. Intention to inspire, conspire with Heart and Mind to intrigue in kind. A Find, a Flash, and Flurry of Furor and Fury. Delirium! A Morsel, an Ort of Muse. The Hypotenuse to Discovery and Truth. The Lifeblood of Life. The vital Force that demands a Cry to the Heavens, "Listen to Me! I am here!"

Posted Jul 12, '12 at 7:34pm

Gantic

Gantic

10,049 posts

The Book of Yesterday and Tomorrow

The Book of Yesterday and Tomorrow is not a Book of Destiny held by the Wayfarers. It is the book of the Dreamwalkers. Yesterday contains regrets and revelry and Tomorrow the unwritten possibilities. Destiny has not a place here for Destiny is not within the ideology of Dreamwalkers.

Posted Jul 20, '12 at 7:39pm

Gantic

Gantic

10,049 posts

Pursuit of Happiness

Trading city lights for candles, he hoped that she would for once appreciate something he did. The lilies were freshly cut, as was the mint on the chicken.

Wishing she still held her breath, she hoped it was for once more than a mere gesture. She did not need him to validate her existence with trivialities.

Tomorrow he will never see her again.

Posted Aug 16, '12 at 10:41pm

Gantic

Gantic

10,049 posts

Gear Bird

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/GearBird.png

The dimensions are bothering me. Might fix it, but eh, need to find better ways of doing things. The last time I did one of these was for the Moderators theme in the ASC before the Way of Moderation started, if I remember correctly. That puts it at over three years.

Posted Sep 16, '12 at 10:23pm

Gantic

Gantic

10,049 posts

YAT120916

I bore easy. Monotony is often not worth the time when there are things to discover, things to learn, things to do that excite the mind. Boredom is the brother of Freedom. Gantic 365 starts October 1 as part of a 365 challenge, writing 100 words a day for 365 days. I'll probably bore of that, but I'm starting with a walk through the alphabet, which will take up 26 days, 5 days of something, break for NaNo, which still counts, and shoot through to the end of September. The easy part is that I often write nothing. Sometimes I don't have a point. I write to write. I write to hear the sounds of words. If there's one thing to know about me, it's that I love words. I love the sound of words. I often do have a general idea of where I want to go but what directs me is what the next word or next sentence should look and sound like.

Here's a thinker: How is an unclean uncle like a pita pit?
The same way I, a gardenia, garden.
The same way I eat CA licorice calico rice?
The same way the rabbit sears the rabbit's ears?
The same way the rabbi tears the rabbit ears off his old TV?
The same way as I would a blinking goblin king go?

Yeah, that doesn't sound great. It's something I'm working on and hoping to find something more complex in the way letters are split than words made of other words. Anyone is welcome to join me on a word adventure.

Posted Sep 23, '12 at 11:38am

skydragon720

skydragon720

348 posts

nobody ever comes to this section. and they miss all of gantics stuff! its so touching..............

Posted Sep 23, '12 at 3:26pm

Gantic

Gantic

10,049 posts

People read, but they don't respond. It's not like I'm adding much here anyway. It doesn't wow me, so I don't expect it to wow anyone else.

Posted Sep 27, '12 at 7:06pm

Gantic

Gantic

10,049 posts

Fbzr guvatf ner qbar whfg gb or pyrire, abg pyrire gb or pyrire, ohg boyvdhr gb or boyvdhr, sbezvat frys-cnebql naq pevgvdhr. Bu, ubj V qb fb ybir gur nssrpgngvbaf bs pyrirearff. Jung n jbaqebhf ercynprzrag sbe jvg! Sbe vafgnapr, gur gvgyr bs guvf ragel unf ohg bar frzoynapr bs eryngvba jvgu gur ragel vgfrys. Naq gur fhowrpg znggre! Frys-ersreragvny naq fhpu! Gur nhqnpvgl! Gur ebzc va cbzc! Pregnva gernpurebhf ornhgl znfxvat htyvarff znfxrq va n pnpbcubabhf whkgncbfvgvba bs yrggref bs frrzvatyl abafrafvpny qrzrnabe. Bu ubj qrzher lbhe ernpgvba! Jung vf vg V unir qbar? Anhtug. Lrg gur jurry gheaf. Ubj sne jvyy vg ebyy jvgu vzcrghf naq ab ratvar?

Reply to Yesterday and Tomorrow

You must be logged in to post a reply!