ForumsForum GamesArmor Gamer Championship

2862 453848
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

hi everyone, my name is pickpocket and i will be your host for the Armor Gamer Championship events. We will see a lot of excitement in this game. Here are the rules...

10 people can sign up at one time. all others must wait till the season ends to join. what will happen in this game is i will say a random game on AG. Once you know what the game is, you must go and play this game. once you play it, either take a screen shot, or simply post your high score on the leader boards. YOU CAN ONLY USE THE SCORE THAT YOU GOT THAT TIME. YOU CANNOT USE OTHER SCORES. you may replay the game and post higher scores. this will eliminate your lower score. keep replaying until you get the best score possible by the end of the week.

once 10 people are ready to play, the game will be announced. all players must go and play this game, or be disculalfied from the Championship. in the starting round, the people with the 4 LOWEST high scores are eliminated from the game. the remaning 6 will go onto the next weeks game. for the 2nd round, the 3 players with the worst scores are eliminated. this leaves 3 players on the third round. for this round, you must get the highest score of the three. the person with the highest score in the 3rd round wins the Championship! the winner is not alowed to play in the next season, but is alowed to give game recomendations to me for everyone to play. the winner can not play two season back to back, but can play after sitting out one round.

Who will be the ultimate Armor Gamer?

• 2,862 Replies
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

it's not really a big deal

it was a joke, don't worry about it. the round ends wednesday.

-Blade
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

Round ends in two days. Time waits for no man, and neither do I.

-Blade

JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

Round ends in two days. Time waits for no man, and neither do I.

-Blade

Thanks but there's no need for a reminder. We both know.
LouWeed
LouWeed
36 posts
Nomad

http://i.imgur.com/onaeuzE.png
Is the music really that bad? (Yes. It is.)
Does anything actually happen when I press the submit button?
Seriously though, are there any kind of global high scores for this game? I don't work real well without something to aim for, so hopefully Josh will post a progress report instead of being a dirty ninja...

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

@lou- there might be some on adultswimgames.com, but I don't know for sure.

-Blade

LouWeed
LouWeed
36 posts
Nomad

Yeah I checked. The game's been removed for some reason.

LouWeed
LouWeed
36 posts
Nomad

http://i.imgur.com/AjRCEur.png
Normally posting a final score this early before the deadline would be a tactical error, but I'm confident that dirty ninja Josh has a better score than this anyway. Should have played the game last night, instead of going out drinking and trying to get a score at the last minute during my half-hour long lunch break. It's a shame, because I'm beginning to like the game quite a lot; sure it's somewhat luck-based (just like any runner game), but it's also very "again!"-ish.

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

I'm beginning to like the game quite a lot

I agree, hopefully it gets used many more times in the future.
JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

Here comes the first score.

http://i42.tinypic.com/24pw76v.jpg

JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

Lou,

You shouldn't have posted those scores so early in the round. Any advantage you had was lost when you exposed your strategy.

I intended to play as a silent destroyer this round but once I saw that you wanted a striker vs striker match up, it was a no-brainer to wait until the last minute.

I respect your playing ability, so I wasn't about to give you the type of match up that you wanted. Even if that meant adapting to a playing style, that I don't care for.

It's over at this point, unless you have reserves.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

If Lou does have anything left, he has 15 min to play it. I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

-Blade

JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

Regardless, here's my final score.

I'm pretty happy with it. Even if Lou beats it, I still think it's good.

http://i39.tinypic.com/z4dft.jpg

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

And now I can safely say that the round is over, and josh is our big winner. I'd give you a prize, but there isn't anything to give, so I guess for now, the satisfaction of crushing your opponent is all I can give you.

I will start sign-ups for the next season now.

-Blade

JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

And now I can safely say that the round is over, and josh is our big winner. I'd give you a prize, but there isn't anything to give, so I guess for now, the satisfaction of crushing your opponent is all I can give you.

I will start sign-ups for the next season now.

-Blade

Yes! My sixteenth gaming title!

Thanks for hosting a great tournament blade. It's always satisfying to compete against high level competitors and I know I played against the best out there in this competition.

I also wanted to point out a funny coincidence.

In late April of 2010, I won Loloynages gaming tournament.

In early May of 2012, I won the Armor Gamer championship. The game featured in the quarter-finals was dodge and the defending champion (killersup) was eliminated that round. I had the high scores in all three of the last rounds.

In early May of 2013, I won the Armor Gamer Championship. The game featured in the quarter-finals was dodge and the defending champion (Shawner) was eliminated that round. I had the high scores in all three of the last rounds.

I really find this strange.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

sign. School ends in a couple of days..so more time for me to compete

Showing 2206-2220 of 2862