ForumsSupport ForumSomething MUST be done about the warns

25 4585
redwinger333
redwinger333
324 posts
Nomad

I am 100% sure this is a repeated topic, and so i won't be mad if this is locked, but the more that people see it, the better... SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT CHAT WARNINGS. I was in a chat and was doing nothing wrong, and one person was sitting in the chat and warning everyone who entered. As we couldnt do anything about it, we dealt with it, and after a while, we were all muted so much that we all got muted. Nobody was typing in anything to provoke a warning, and even people NOT talking recieved warns. People turned the warn system into a game instead of a helpful feature. Either remove the warn counter, or remove the system completely. If someone is annoying, let others block them. There is no reason why one person sitting in a chat should disable it for members who do not abuse the policy. Im sure that some of you mods have noticed this too, and since it doesnt show who warns who, what can WE the members do to combat it? nothing... It is up to you now to fix this problem. There is nothing more we can do but complain about it until action is taken...

• 25 Replies
Calm
Calm
908 posts
Herald

Personally, I think the best thing to do ATM would be to simply lock out the entire chatroom until we can control it somehow, because i'm sick of banning users. And since there doesn't seem to ever be any constructive discussion goind out there, I think it wouldn't be a great loss.
There might be a surge of comments on user walls, but these are more controlable...

Calm
Calm
908 posts
Herald

But you can delete the spam on your own profile...

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

I hate the new chat rooms. They are, in my opinion the only bad thing on this new Armorgames. They undermine structured forums that make sense.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
922 posts
Scribe

^^ Don't you understand that normal users can go on there to talk without getting points. That is a huge help for spam, but there are still the warns. Our mods and admins are on it, there will be something done.

conquer01
conquer01
149 posts
Farmer

Let's say, for example, AG would put in these rules:
-You can only go on if you've joined AG for at least a week
-You can only go on if you've actually been on the website for more than an hour
-You can only warn once an hour
-You can only warn a person once every two days
Wouldn't that solve all the problems, with the first two rules making sure people don't join just to warn, while the last two makes sure normal users are still limited?
(Obviously I made up numbers in my rules, but you get the idea).

armorgold
armorgold
273 posts
Nomad

i wish the serf chat room was deleted.

gman1000
gman1000
977 posts
Nomad

Also chat needs to work with Internet Explorer. Just a thought.

conquer01
conquer01
149 posts
Farmer

I;m pretty sure AG wants everyone to switch to Firefox. They might not be letting it work in IE on purpose.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

I hope we can have a sensory where when someone uses inappropriate language and stuff, mods can know it happens and go their immediately and bust them. The only problem is they can do it over to mess us up.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,611 posts
Jester

I really hope only people who have got at least 1 merit should be aloud in the chat room or else mods know the are not spammers.

Showing 16-25 of 25