ForumsForum GamesThe Thousand Chambers of the Ganticombs: Chamber Eighteen

644 72314
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

You wake up and find yourself in pitch blackness. SUDDENLY! Words appear out of nowhere.

Welcome to the Thousand Chambers of the Ganticombs! You have been brought here against your will for the amusement of the Gantic. Each chamber has two doors: one that leads out and one that leads in. Each door has a unique solution. You must find out how to escape or die trying.

Oh, did I mention that you will respawn after death? The Gantic feeds on death, but it brings you back to life because it knows you will die again. So work together to get yourselves out!

Oh, did I also mention that you are not the only one here? The Gantic is not satisfied with just one toy. No. It has as many as it pleases!

How to Play:
Type out commands and the Gantic will respond.

Player: I look around the room.
The Gantic: The room is lit by an invisible light source. It seems as if the light comes from the stone blocks that make up the chamber. On the far wall of the chamber is a closed door. There is a table in the middle of the room. A piece of chalk sits in the middle of the room.

Only clear commands will result in actions. The more specific the command, the more specific the action.

Player: I use chalk on the table.
The Gantic: How do you wish to use the chalk on the table?
Player: I use chalk to write on the table.
The Gantic: You write on the table, but you don't know what you wrote.
Player: I use chalk to write the word "Open" on the table.
The Gantic: You write the word "Open" on the table. You hear the sound of stone sliding on stone.
Player: I look around the room.
The Gantic: The room is lit by an invisible light source. It seems as if the light comes from the stone blocks that make up the chamber. On the far wall of the chamber is an open door. There is a table in the middle of the room with the word "Open" written on it.

Now onwards!
You find yourselves in Chamber One.
  • 644 Replies
aamer13
aamer13
2,569 posts
Nomad

i look around in chamber one of Ganticombs. good game!

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,366 posts
Nomad

Yay, a mod game! I walk around the chamber, and examine the contents.

Poizaz00
Poizaz00
605 posts
Peasant

I look around in chamber one.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The chamber is lit by four torches found in the middle of each stone wall in the room. On the far wall of the chamber is door with a square hole in the middle. In the middle of the room is a box of clay and a jug of water. There are two other people with you in the chamber.

Legion1350 examines the torches. They are all the same. A bright orange flame burns at the end of a metal rod. It seem to be burning without any visible fuel source. The flame is hotter than any normal flame, but the metal rod is cool to the touch.

Legion1350 examines the box of clay. Loose clay sits in a stone box. It is heavy.

Legion1350 examines the jug of water. The water is cool and clear. it looks drinkable.

Legion1350 examines aamer13. He is an Iron Squire with an archer armatar an 219 posts.

Legion1350 examines Poizaz00. He is an Iron Serf with a Blue Shield armatar and 15 posts.

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,366 posts
Nomad

I look, and guess if the box could fit into the door's hole.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The box looks too big to fit into the hole.

aamer13
aamer13
2,569 posts
Nomad

i mix the clay and water to make soft clay, and then i mold the clay with my hands to make a square the same size as the hole in the middle. I then put the clay square in the hole.

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

Let me guess we are suppose to make a brick the would fit into the square hole. How do I make clay?

(An actual action) I compare the the amount of clay and size of box to the hole in the door: Is it enough clay? Could I just push the box into the hole?

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

In response to aamer13's action, I grab a torch and use it to heat the soft clay.

Poizaz00
Poizaz00
605 posts
Peasant

I check the physics engine by trying to craft and place a hovering clay block, checking the viscosity of the water, and seeing if the stone box is a prop in itself.

aamer13
aamer13
2,569 posts
Nomad

@Zyba

Thxs i forgot that step.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The soft clay does hot hold its shape well as it is put into the hole.

Zyba examines the hole in the door, but it is covered in soft clay.

aamer13
aamer13
2,569 posts
Nomad

i recreate the clay square with all my steps, then i take a torch and put it slighly under the Clay square until its hardened!

Poizaz00
Poizaz00
605 posts
Peasant

I try to make a brick sword from softened clay. Then I use a torch to harden the sword.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Didn't realize how hard it was to keep up with the posts.

Poizaz00 releases a soft clay block and it drops to the floor, splatting on the floor.

Poizaz00 pours water out. The waters onto the floor like normal water would.

How do you check to see if the box is a prop in itself?

aaamer13 puts a square peg into a square hole. The soft clay squishes out and the door slides open.

Poizaz00 makes a sword out of clay.

Showing 1-15 of 644