ForumsArt, Music, and WritingMoon's Metrophobia

258 106402
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

THE THIRD TIME IS THE CHARM!

As some of you might already know. I'm Moon. This is my third attempt at keeping a thread alive.

It's totally gonna die,
and I might cry.
But it's worth a try :3

^ Poem of the OP. Please Help the poem prove itself wrong, and don't let it die. Donate your time and feedback to this poor thread, so it can feed it's baby poems. :>

Anyways. I'm not really sure what all this will contain, I just hope there will actually be people willing to help me become better at whatever I try to do. So... I guess that means I will be writing (duh), drawing, and other artsy-fartsy stuff I shall attempt.

So... That's all I have for the OP! I hope that all onlookers will enjoy what I do!

• 258 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I'm typing this from my phone so please forgive me if there are any grievous errors that ruin my overall coherency. I'm also going to ramble a bit, so beware. :P

So I sat down and thought about the whole premise of the backstory and where it might go and whatever else. I build up a lot of ideas on my own but I shot most them down because they probably wouldn't fit your writing style. Then again, very few ideas of mine fit anyone but me, which makes sense. I tried to do a fantasy oriented thing but it was kind of difficult to really think in that mindset without entering the Dune or Avatar (not the Last Airbender) cliches. I suppose if you're comfortable writing using a cliche and you can do it well, then by all means. It's just that I can't see it working well for you in that fashion. I also wanted to keep that God theme in it, but for the life of me I cannot put the idea of religion into a story with Dune or Avatar cliches. I just don't see it settling nicely.

But then there was that mutation idea you had. I really like that. Having the humans mutated in order to obtain carbon and hydrogen from other planets. Inserting a main character (because you said you wanted one) into a setup like that is a piece of cake. Plus it's easy to introduce other characters. You could have the main character's friend be a fellow planetary explorer, or you could have an enemy be his evil, manipulative boss. Or you could have the mutants rebel against their leaders because they're like slaves to the humans. Or you could do a psychological journal of the main character's thoughts as he progresses through the steps of his evolution, and you could add in a physical journal of the main character's body through evolution. Or you could do all three! The possibilities in this story are limitless.

I had an idea last night of taking this away from a "main character" set up and instead focus on several different peoples' stories. With that, you could delve into the history and backstory behind the whole mutating humans in order to get materials to sustain the normal humans thing. You know, you could focus on the dystopia's leader for part of the story, then switch to a mutant's perspective, then switch to a regular human perspective, then go somewhere else. Or you could have all the characters meet up at some point in the story and create some epic catharsis where they all kill each other.

Going off of that thought, the climax of the story would be huge. I mean, it's about billions of people over dozens of planets that include hundreds of possible stories. In the climax you could have some sort of crazy malfunction in the mutating mechanism that kills everyone or mutates everyone into something excessively nuts. Or you could have the mutants rebel against the humans and have the mutants create a new society. Or you could have a single mutant escape from the planetary mines and go off on his own (ever see The Shawshank Redemption?). From a small cast to everyone, this story is essentially endless.

Anyway, that's all the creative juice I have for now.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Wow sal u_u i do not deserve you as a friend you are awesome for paying attention and actually thinking about stuff you are great don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
If I find the energy to get off my butt I might try to continue chatting with you guys about it but i feel like i need to write it all out, what we want to happen. Instead of just making ideas that jump off of each other. Somehow stay focused, etc.

July 2nd, 2010

Atop a cliff
I wonder
Staring down into the water
What it would feel like,
Those few seconds of free falling

Fear?
Adrenaline?
Terror?
Thrill?

I might just take the jump
To find out.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Oh. I really liked that. It was like a mix between prose and poetry, giving it a unique aspect. It's surprising that this was from so long ago, though.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Perfection. First of all, the dictionary definition of perfect:

"the condition, state, or quality of being free or as free as possible from all flaws or defects."

This is what google has given me as the definition of 'erfect'. So, we know what basically constitutes perfect. Now what is the definition of flaws or defects? Google has given the answer of a flaw or defect to be 'an imperfection.' We know imperfection means not perfect so again we are left with what makes it not perfect. What makes it a flaw? As free as possible from flaws means imperfection so is imperfection also perfection? And that's just a nice little loop that people can argue over until the end of time. But for me, personally,

I believe that true perfection for everyone in the world does not exist. To be perfect, you would have to determine what the definition of a flaw is. And your definition of perfection or flaws will never match up with everyone elses. It's like determining you 'type' of partner. You may like blonde hair and blue eyes, but will everyone else think so? Probably not.

But that doesn't mean that a personal idea of perfection doesn't exist. I haven't experienced any sort of perfection, but just because I haven't doesn't mean that no one else has. I'm pretty sure that one out of the 7.118 ish billion people on this Earth have found at least one thing that they have found no match for. Nothing will ever exceed that single thing. And it doesn't have to be in every aspect of their life. They may have found the perfect color to paint their bedroom and no other color will ever change that. Or they have defined their own idea of 'flaws' in something and they have found something that doesn't have a single flaw.

This is actually confusing me now, so I should probably wrap this up. And I've probably missed the topic of this discussion completely but that's okay. You can be pleasantly surprised if you lower your expectations and you can attain perfection as soon as you decide on what your type of perfection is.

Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

So I'm not quite sure. Is this supposed to be a suggestion thread, or just somewhere for you to showcase your work? Anyway, what I've seen so far is awesome. It would be great if you could give me some tips on writing, as you seem to be an expert at it. If you can't, well, that's fine. Keep up the great work.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Oi a visitor!

I have no idea why that perfection thing posted here, when I put it elsewhere. Maybe I did mean to post it here, but it wasn't meant for AG and I don't remember doin' it.

This is a place for me to showcase my work and receive suggestions on it. I'm far from an expert, but I do appreciate it. Since I'm on my break I'd be totally fine with helping you out on some things, if you'd like.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

I have no idea why that perfection thing posted here

It's surprisingly poetic anyway.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

It's surprisingly poetic anyway.

Thanks~ It was for a discussion of one of my online classes, which is why the end it mentions expectations and stuff.

Now that I'm on break I might start attempting to write once more, but I'm trying to locate my old thread so I can repost everything from there to here.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

I don't even know where my old posts were coming from, and I really hope that the one I'm posting isn't a repost.... I don't think it is... ehhhh whatever oh well if it is a repost.

Can't you hear the bells?
The children leave the schools.
The people leave the church.
The world wakes up,
All is well.
It is time for you to go.
I can't leave with you,
But I do hope that you know.

I would,
If I could,
But I can't.

I can hear them.
Can't you?
It is time for this to end.
We both know what we have to do.

We met just as the bells started to ring.
Too bad this couldn't of been our start.
We both realize this is the beginning of our ending.
I think I can let you go now.
So why can't you?

The world is no longer
A place for us to dwell.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Ohohoho I remember what I was doing. I'm going through the pages of the FLP and reposting my archive into here. That's why this stuff is from '10.

I've been here a while... wow....

For those of you who don't know, the FLP is First Line Poetry, and I strongly encourage everyone to take a look and try their hand at it.

Anyways.
July 3rd, 2010

Many a sleepless night I found,
Myself thinking of you.
The way you walk,
The way you sing,
The way you talk.
The more I think of you,
The more I dream of you,
Without ever actually sleeping.

_____

I'll be trying to post regularly, at least while I'm on my break. But please understand that all of these poems are VERY OLD and I'm just archiving them. Feel free to give feedback and critique, but they have all been written 3+ years ago so be gentle :<

Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

Since I'm on my break I'd be totally fine with helping you out on some things, if you'd like.

Thanks. I have a short story on the Short Horror Stories thread. I just kind of came up with that on the spot, so I was wondering if you could take a look at it and tell me anything I should have done that I didn't, something I shouldn't have done that I did, or any other suggestions you have. If you don't have time, that's fine. Thanks for the help.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I don't know about anyone else, but I think it'd be interesting to see what went on in the mind of Emily years past.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

I don't know about anyone else, but I think it'd be interesting to see what went on in the mind of Emily years past.

You're crazy, darling. Crazy.

But alas, here is more from the past.

July 3rd, 2010

I wake to the sunlight,
To find you beside me.
Nothing is more beautiful than you,
Because you are all I see.
I want to be there as you awaken.
I want to help you calm down when you feel shaken.

I will always be here
To hold your hand
To wipe your tears
To dance with you
To hold you near
To sing with you
To get rid of your fears.

I love you.
With every cell in me.
I know you love me too.
You have my heart and the key.

_____

I don't know what drugs I was on when I wrote this, but I tried to write it from a guys POV.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

My feels. They be pouring out.

I don't know what drugs I was on

You were on pure sugar.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

My feels. They be pouring out.

aw babe thanks

July 5th, 2010

The star shines alone,
The light is blinding.
But beautiful.
Then I noticed the others around it.
All just as amazing,
Yet they shine on their own.
Together, but separate.
Breathtaking.

_____

Meh, I don't like it but archive u_u I'll double this up with an equally terrible one just because I'd hate to make multiple posts that contain such garbage.

(also from July 5th, 2010)

As the sun sets it is a picture perfect moment,
I grab my camera to preserve it forever.
But I was a moment too late,
And you couldn't see the brilliance.
I will try again on a later date.

_____

School is starting again soon. Let's see how long I can keep up.
Showing 151-165 of 258