ForumsSupport ForumHow do mods earn merits?

36 5602
Sharkbate
Sharkbate
372 posts
Peasant

A question just occured to me.How do mods earn merits?Do they give merits to themselfs ro do other mods give merits to them or what.How does a mod earn merits?

• 36 Replies
The_Idea_Men
The_Idea_Men
102 posts
Nomad

i disagree. i think after 5 responses, questions, answered or not should be locked for the sake of moving things along.... or something weird like that.

A mod whose primary purpose is merits seems like a waste of a set of mod keys. i think thats a lot of cure for little prevention. asherlee said (on this or another topic [they ALL run together]) that she tries to take time once a week and check stuff out. i think that has to suffice.

*locks topic, remembers that he can't because he's not a mod, just a loser wanna be*
*scared someone might respond to this topic again, thus ripping a hole in space and time, his inability to lock the topic causes him to dig traps around the topic. mostly small holes that you can twist your ankle in. that will protect the topic. whew!*

152 posts
Nomad

good question sounds kinda suspicious they could give them to them selves

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

*headdesk*

As we've established, nobody can give themselves their own merits!

At any rate, I didn't mean appoint a moderator in the sole capacity as a merit-checker, but merely draw up a roster, get things organised...

...problem with that is that moderators tend to have a life, and can't organise it around AG. So carry on!

Girl_Power2
Girl_Power2
126 posts
Nomad

Yes Strop is right mods have lifes you know and the question has been answered.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

We are working on ideas to make merit-giving more efficient and easier for us (mods) to do. Please just give us some time.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Yes Strop is right mods have lifes you know and the question has been answered.

YES! I am glad people are starting to realize it ;-) But we do try and keep up with the site and get stuff done. But since we do have other things going on, it takes a while sometimes. Hopefully we will be coming up with a better system for merit giving soon, as Asherlee said. But until then, there is not a whole lot more we can do to improve it.
Showing 31-36 of 36