ForumsPopular MediaWhat's better Rock music or Pop music? YOU DECIDE!

159 40539
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I love music and listen to many different types of generes. I was wondering with all this pop music we hear know what is better music rock or pop.

Leave your interesting and creative responsis below!

• 159 Replies
BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

I really don't like pop music, most of the artists need an expensive version of auto tuner and they are controlled by the massive music corporations. You do get the occasional really good singer like Adele but most is awful. They can't sing live at all which is how you can tell whether a singer is good or not as they won't have machines singing for them. What really annoys me is that some pop artists mime the words and don't sing at all live.

Rock is so much better, it's not a load of 16 year old girls using auto tuner, it's real music talent.

KhaoticSniper
KhaoticSniper
210 posts
Nomad

it's not a load of 16 year old girls using auto tuner, it's real music talent.

Although they do use a lot of AutoTune some Pop Songs are Pretty Catchy!
BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

Catchy they may be but they all sound really similar

TheInnerScience
TheInnerScience
44 posts
Nomad

I like Rock more. Because Pop has seemed to become so rehersed and the same thing, over and over.

MetalHeart
MetalHeart
226 posts
Nomad

Pop music for shure
Pop is the best

KhaoticSniper
KhaoticSniper
210 posts
Nomad

Catchy they may be but they all sound really similar

Lol man, How do u think they all sound Diff??
There are so many different genders of POP it So obvious it doesn't all sound the same, lol its just like saying all Rock Sounds the Same!
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

Pop has seemed to become so rehersed and the same thing, over and over.

Depends IMO... if you look closely, there's enough artists out there that present a fresh new sound sometimes, allthough it must be said that this is really scarse lately...

Pop music for shure
Pop is the best

Don't take this the wrong way MetalHeart, but... it does seem funny to see someone having such a username and choose Pop over Rock... how come you don't prefer Rock as it is closer to Heavy Metal than Pop music is? That is... if the 'Metal' in your username stands for 'steel' instead of the music genre of course... =)
KhaoticSniper
KhaoticSniper
210 posts
Nomad

I like Some Pop and Some Rock so i chose BOTH!

44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

Rock: 35
Pop: 21

Please keep on voting and saying why either one is better!

Should songs like, Somebody that I used to know and We Are Young be considered Rock? Or should it stick with it's own genre that is Alternative?

acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

Should songs like, Somebody that I used to know and We Are Young be considered Rock?

Those two are Alternative. Really... kind of neutral. Not rock, not pop. Just... both.

Rock makes sense. That's my statement. For each new pop song to come out, a person will lose a braincell.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

The Beatles combined the two and were bigger than Jesus.

That's all I really have to say.

DDeath1098
DDeath1098
41 posts
Nomad

i like pop because you can dance tit better than rock

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Well I like "rock" cause heavy metal falls into the category "rock".
I think I will go with rock!

Peter20
Peter20
543 posts
Peasant

Being a person who does not enjoy pop very much at all I'll go with rock with every fiber of my being.

Deth666
Deth666
653 posts
Nomad

Pop music:

Rock music:

It's not really a contest.

Showing 121-135 of 159