94 posts
Nomad

what are everyones thoughts on cloning

• 84 Replies
afroman
afroman
78 posts
Nomad

I don't think human cloning is very horrible or unethical but it doesnt really have much purposes.... cloning will eventually be extremely useful though. has anyone seen the iceman (not the comic book character) the guy that ran a half marathon in boxers and a hat in antarctica? well geneologists were studying him (i think its geneologists) and believe it had something to do with his genes and that they can actually clone that gene from him to use on every person that can afford it and add it to unborn children to allow them to do what he does (raise body heat just by thinking about it) that doesnt mean everyone would be a clone of him but that they would have his genes also we would be able to grow human organs in animals such as pigs or even cows making it much easier to get donors. some scientists have actually considered merging humans and chimapnzees by cloning chimp genes into a human this would highten human senses and it would be possible to do this without affecting his thinking process of looks.

afroman
afroman
78 posts
Nomad

sorry for adding this as a side note but i dont know how (if u can) how to edit. cloning human parts in animals would not increase population of either humans or animals it would merely prevent the meaningless death of humans and you would have to be a pretty sick and twisted person to want a person to die just because of overpopulation what if it was you would you say "no let me die i dont want to increase the human population." if you needed say a heart transplant? plus the animals that are used for this cloning would still mostly be themselves (except for vital things like heart kidney and liver)but all of the stuff people eat would not be human. so id say it would be fine to clone human parts in an animal. I believe cloning just to study the cloned animal is wierd but cloning human parts inside of an animal or merging things to better the two parts is actually a brilliant idea.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

it would merely prevent the meaningless death of humans and you would have to be a pretty sick and twisted person to want a person to die just because of overpopulation

This is a question that medicine as a whole faces everyday. What is the effect of our aims to save all lives we can?

because everything's SUPPOSED to be natural

How well this ideaology works depends on the rigor of your definition of natural. I too support parts of the ideology, but only insofar as such things as naturopathy encourages a holistic approach to healthcare (something I endorse).

Let's take a look at the simple, literal approach to this so-called naturalism: we should not have artificial things- including cloning, drugs etc. why? Because we have to keep things natural! By the implied definition of natural, we can't exactly draw a line: we must also eliminate technology, cultural artifacts, tools and houses, etc. In fact, we should be seeking shelter in caves and hunting and gathering food with our bare hands!

Well, you get the idea. Arguments concerning "naturalism" have difficulties because they require much more complex definitions of what is "natural", which at some point will be inconsistent.

So. What is "natural"?

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

Natural, in my belief, is anything and everything pertaining to nature in a direct way. So no technology and such stuffs. I do not belevie in everything should be natural but I really don't think clonign is neccasary for anything, unless, of course, you've decided to clone a heart or something then by all means clone it and give it to some one that needs it.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Natural is the way humans and nature are supposed to act together. Technology is a part of nature, we created the Technology from the things on earth. I also think its allright that we use resources and create energy, after all, were not idiots. So therefor, that all fits in natural. But the problem is theres also like... normal naturalitys, like, you raise things, you build things, to erect something out of pure science seems wrong. Also, if I were to tell someone I was a clone, they'd be freaked. It'd sound like I was an accident of birth created from a robot. Man builds robot, not the other way around. Or we'd have things like terminator flying around. xP

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

Technaclly robot builds robots know a days. Although they are not AI's they do build themselves.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Blah, dude. You know where I'm coming from.

They dont' build themselves, Man operates, and I hope that lives long.
I swear, as crazy as it seems, I will NEVER communicate with an AI robo. Ever.

People have even written books of getting some with robots so "People won't be left out". Sad, I know.

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

Ummm wow...at any rate. Wow that last sentence just like threw me off. Seriously "getting some with robots" just wow. Anyways back to cloning since thats what this topic is about...not getting some with robots....another good topic would be AI life....

Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
325 posts
Peasant

It is sort of nice i think that is wierd would you live, would you have feelings, would you have thoughts, is it somebody else with all of your charistics? i dont get it good idea for loved domescated animals

Showing 76-84 of 84