Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Movie! The Hobbit

Posted Aug 23, '12 at 7:18am

partydevil

partydevil

5,090 posts

am i the only 1 that thinks that the dwarfs are animated very poorly?
and if they are not animated, the costumes are made not life like.

Posted Aug 23, '12 at 5:07pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,947 posts

Knight

After he finishes this Peter should talk to Christopher about making the Simarrillion into a movie.

Impossible.. The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit are good film material because they're single stories, that have a beginning and an end. The Silmarillion however covers a huge time and contains a great number of single stories with so many different characters.. think of it more lke a story book, a collection of events. If they try to make a film out of it, they'll horribly fail... that is, if I don't kill them before.

Posted Aug 24, '12 at 7:27am

Cardibard

Cardibard

18 posts

Then you have to remember the history of middle earth. I certainly enjoy reading about the rest of middle earth before and after but that is just too much. Back to the original topic have you guys seen peter jacksons youtube videos. There is one where they try to see who knows the names of all the dwarves and the only one who knows is gandalf. Also they had John Rhys-Davies (gimli) Come on set and he sees the man playing gimli's father and he goes "Daddy!" and they hug. It was hilarious

Posted Aug 24, '12 at 7:30am

Cardibard

Cardibard

18 posts

I certainly hope they don't leave out beorn. In the Rankin Bass version (Yes the people that made all of those christmas movies made a Hobbit movie) They just avoided it altogether. Not to mention they left out a lot of details in the beginning. I was dissapointed but at least they included the songs tolkien wrote.

Posted Aug 24, '12 at 6:42pm

ImTheMostManlyMan

ImTheMostManlyMan

2,809 posts

i'm going to see the midnight premiere, can't believe that they would make it into 3 movies though, it wasn't even that long of a book

Posted Aug 24, '12 at 10:35pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,150 posts

i'm going to see the midnight premiere, can't believe that they would make it into 3 movies though,

2 movies, not three, one this december and one next december. (i think)

think of it more lke a story book, a collection of events. If they try to make a film out of it, they'll horribly fail

The simarrilion is five books only, and they could easily add the first two into the quenta simarrilion.

Posted Aug 25, '12 at 1:15pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,947 posts

Knight

2 movies, not three, one this december and one next december. (i think)

They announced they're making three parts. Since Christopher Lee will play Saruman in the movies, and Saruman doesn't really occur in the book, I guess they will also show what Gandalf does when he temporarily leaves the dwarves (hunting the Necromancer). That could explain the three parts.

The simarrilion is five books only, and they could easily add the first two into the quenta simarrilion.

I got a one book version. But the point is not the amount written, it's the amount that is portrayed. You couldn't make reasonable movies out of the Silmarillion. What you could do is a series of cartoons, that could work.

Posted Aug 25, '12 at 1:23pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,150 posts

Okay, what about a movie on the children of Hurin?

Posted Aug 25, '12 at 3:33pm

masterperson

masterperson

90 posts

Won't be better than The Lord of the Rings.

Posted Aug 25, '12 at 3:54pm

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,633 posts

I'll watch it post-review, but three parts is a bit over the top. :/
If it gets great reviews, I'll sit with it.

Reply to Movie! The Hobbit

You must be logged in to post a reply!