ForumsSupport ForumCopying Comments

11 3061
conquer01
conquer01
149 posts
Farmer

I just heard about someone complaining their comment was stolen, ans that it got a merit. I obviously have no idea if it's true, but it seems to be very possible. Do mods look at previous posts before they merit a post to make sure it wasn't copied? Thanks.

• 11 Replies
DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

I don't believe they necessarily always do, though I'm sure that it's usually pretty noticeable. I had a few comments that were copied, but they put it right after mine, so it was obvious. Of course, if this occurs and you find it out, a mod will fix it immediately. I have a tendency to babysit my comments just in case...

ngfan14
ngfan14
870 posts
Shepherd

You babysit your comments? I never thought of that but I'm going to do it from now one.

Avrilicious
Avrilicious
525 posts
Peasant

I'm not sure my comments get copied by a specific user but I will just say its BBF123!

Sodas
Sodas
313 posts
Nomad

Well somebody copied mine and Moegreche's comment once and it got a merit by MOEGRECHE!!

Avrilicious
Avrilicious
525 posts
Peasant

I see John well I have never copied a comment I probaly never will.

John
John
344 posts
Nomad

If we catch people cheating we will usually demerit and delete all their comments. Possibly even a permanent ban on their account. We do not take cheaters lightly.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

If we catch people cheating we will usually demerit and delete all their comments. Possibly even a permanent ban on their account. We do not take cheaters lightly.

John is right. If you see that a comment has been copied, make sure to let an admin or mod know as soon as possible, so that we can take action on the comment and the user. Occasionally it happens where one of these stolen comments gets a merit, but it is usually swiftly discovered and taken away. It is just hard to keep them all straight sometimes when you have pages and pages of comments for one game. But we are aware of the problem, and are trying to reduce it.
Mc_Dragon
Mc_Dragon
6 posts
Nomad

i cant get merits

Salmanius
Salmanius
277 posts
Peasant

Mc_Dragon. This is not the place for asking about merits.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
922 posts
Scribe

^^ Well he isn't exactly asking for help, but it is off topic.

@Mc, please look at this guide ncik_coolhaha and I made. This will tell you all you need to know about merits!

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,611 posts
Jester

John is right. If you see that a comment has been copied, make sure to let an admin or mod know as soon as possible, so that we can take action on the comment and the user. Occasionally it happens where one of these stolen comments gets a merit, but it is usually swiftly discovered and taken away. It is just hard to keep them all straight sometimes when you have pages and pages of comments for one game. But we are aware of the problem, and are trying to reduce it.

If I see copied comments I will tell you.
Showing 1-11 of 11