ForumsSupport ForumLimit to comments

16 4242
Sharkbate
Sharkbate
372 posts
Peasant

I dont think this is a copy but if it is lock it.
There should be a limit to the number of comments you can make each day.This can help ruduce spammers.Depending on what you are there should be a limit.
Example.
Serf 15 comments
Squire 45 comments
Knight 65 comments
etc. etc.

• 16 Replies
Sharkbate
Sharkbate
372 posts
Peasant

Well there are downsides to this i know.Maybe it should only apply to suspected spammers and spammers.

conquer01
conquer01
149 posts
Farmer

That would only make it harder to move up in ranks. Like, I'm still only a squire, but I have not ever spammed. Just because some people have lower ranks doesn't mean they spam any less that people with higher ranks.
Actually, many people with the higher ranks spam the most-that's how many got there (that obviously doesn't include people up there that deserve it).

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hmmm... whereas I am all for reducing SPAM, this does not seem like the way to do it. I think it would just keep people away from Armor Games, and they would not like the site as much. It would just piss a lot of people off.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

yea it probably would.

Well i dont think this is a good way to reduce spam. but then again theres nothing to do once youve played and rated all the games like me. =/

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
922 posts
Scribe

^^ Well there are always new games, and I'm pretty sure you haven't beaten every game?

Well the idea isn't that good. Like Carlie said, a bunch of people will flock away from the site because it really limits those that actually make good comments. In my opinion, there isn't really a way to reduce spam that much. Well of course we could get 100 mods, but that won't happen.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

^^ Well there are always new games, and I'm pretty sure you haven't beaten every game?

well i dont wanna go through every one of them searching for games i havent pleyed/rated.
791 is close enuf
Alien_Galaxion_X
Alien_Galaxion_X
11 posts
Nomad

There are always downsides for everything. Just hope for the best.

Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

bad idea, people would just 2X as spam on the forums instead of comments, once they get a good rank they'll start spamming game comments like crazy again.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

i never see anyone spamming game comments.
who in the world wastes their time doing that?

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,611 posts
Jester

Well it would be a good suggestion butg a serf would not make 15 comments a day would it?

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

I don't agree with this. What if the mods were saying please stop spamming, or else you will be banned, and they were out of comments? And what if you were in a really important conversation and you ran out of comments? This would really make some people complain. For instance, say a person made the best free rider track that they have made and they are out of comments? Yes, it would stop spamming, but it would also cause an uproar of complaints.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,611 posts
Jester

I know thats why I don't agree to this but a serf does not do 15 comments a day does it?No?

Sharkbate
Sharkbate
372 posts
Peasant

Thats why it should only apply to spammers and/or suspected spammers.

dnldon
dnldon
22 posts
Nomad

there is not a limit

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,611 posts
Jester

Yea Sharkbate I suppose your right.

Showing 1-15 of 16