ForumsThe TavernWhat global warming has taken away from you

40 6432
Alexandra222
Alexandra222
2,779 posts
Nomad

A lot of people hate global warming(it's true) and some people are like, no big deal, it's not like we're gonna die. WELL IT'S A BIG DEAL!! Once all the ice melts, we sink and die! But enough about that and lets talk about what global warming took away from us that's really sad.

Global warming took away nature's ice caps. Poor polar bears

• 40 Replies
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

If we just look at a few trees, then things seem to be boarder line apocalyptic:
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLGGZJ33lQLew7wvFSjQmaIjlftpmCeRYtV9hy9x9ZUsZycK-Q

But when you look at the whole forest, we see that things aren't quite so bad as some people make them out. Heck, its been even warmer in the past, and we're still around:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTbrDOi7-QMi4HgbstYkySpNbXJVTdWzTQ9VzeQc1_kTjMOO5iqA

Also, just a little tid bit I'd like to share. Theres a bunch of data floating around, spread by the Green Messiah Al Gore himself, that actually ignores the 'Little Iceage' and 'Medievel Cooling Period'. This makes it seem that the entire world has been warming consistently for the past couple thousand years.

So don't worry guys. its just a natural stage that the earth goes through. Until stuff starts to spontaneously combust, you shouldn't really worry.

Fixed the first image, and a grammatical error in the last sentence. I'll also get a mod to delete my first two post. :/

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,783 posts
Chamberlain

yeah unless there are tons of reports of SHC(spontanious human combustion) then i would worry about absolutely nothing about "global warming" or "climate change" or any of that garbage

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

yeah unless there are tons of reports of SHC(spontanious human combustion) then i would worry about absolutely nothing about "global warming" or "climate change" or any of that garbage

You need not worry about anything right now, others have plenty to worry about though, and you'll have plenty to worry about too, not only your grandchildren.

Although, thinking of it, ever thought that certain repercussions of climate change have indirectly made the economic crisis more acute?
Global warming has taken away the meager predictability there was before! Aaaaaaah!

Oh, and as soon as the Golf Stream gets totally f***ed up, it will have taken away my holiday projects to the southern Ireland shores too..
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

It's not like many of these would actually take anything away from your life, though. This thread topic and what is being discussed are two different things. Even the OP got away from what the actual title of this thread means. Has anyone actually seen a polar bear in person, much less seen one die because of global warming? I've also mentioned this before, global warming pretty much has NOTHING to do with the (small) amount of snow many people have been complaining about. It has only raised the temperature of the earth by a little over one degree. So basically this thread's name is inaccurate to what is actually being discussed here and the consequences of global warming have somewhat been overinflated/explaining other things not having to do with it.

iNetSky
iNetSky
12 posts
Nomad

Y..maybe I agree that its a big deal but you know something they are so many things to worry about out there that global warming looks like a luxury to spend your time thinking ways to reduce it...

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Some people's children will lose their home due to raising sea level:
Island nation Kiribati considers moving populace.

And before you go on a rant against predictions you may not agree with, please consider there are already troubles and it's not only a problem of place:
"Tong said some villages have already moved and there have been increasing instances of sea water contaminating the island's underground fresh water, which remains vital for trees and crops."

I wouldn't call that a luxury problem, not for them at least.

mikoaski
mikoaski
20 posts
Shepherd

there are more problems worse than global warming, like the superpoulation in China and India, people complain about the starvation but they keep making more and more child, like my country northeast region (I'm brazilian), what they have in mind, don't they think that they are going to need more food to feed more mouths?

Tobisper
Tobisper
407 posts
Nomad

Well it has taken the life or many poor animals that live in Greenland due to ice caps falling apart every day which slowly increases the sea level.

AlderonArmor
AlderonArmor
210 posts
Blacksmith

It's taken away my dull gray British climate and replaced it with extremes, roasting hot summers and freezing cold winters.

Screw that, give me back my 12 month long 'gray' season.

Showing 31-39 of 40