ForumsWEPRGay Marrige??

203 34353
depretis
depretis
129 posts
Nomad

I think that gay marrige should be approved in every state in the U.S. I know it has been approved in California and just recently in Pennsylvania, but should it realy be allowed? I think it should be, I mean just because your gay doesn't mean you shoud have less rights then straight people. Gays should have the equal rights to get married just the way I do. Shouldn't they?? Tell me what you think.

• 203 Replies
cargirl
cargirl
9 posts
Nomad

i dont mind gay marriage i think its a little gross but its there choice and if they r happy who should really care its there lives not yours (unless u r gay then its liffe)

th3pr3tz3l
th3pr3tz3l
189 posts
Nomad

I live in Canada where gay marriage has been legal everywhere since 2005. And legalizing gay marriage has no affect whatsoever on anyone that isn't gay. So why be against it? Also, i would like to be clear, are we talking about marriages exactly? or domestic partnerships? 2 different things. I also believe it is discrimination to not allow homosexuals to marry their partners, while heterosexuals can.

Eyes
Eyes
139 posts
Blacksmith

@ th3pr3tz3l: To answer that question, you really need to define domestic partnership. To me a domestic partnership is just two gays dating/living together/joined together in every way except marriage. However, if you mean civil-union, then, it is marriage with a different name. So really we are talking about whichever one you want.

@ Asherlee: That may be a good topic, but how far could the discussion go? Maybe I'm just in the dark, but what else factors into it other than the parents (untimately)? Maybe that is exactly why there needs to be a topic, I don't know.

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

well i think that it is ok i mean if you love a girl/guy then go for it

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I live in Canada where gay marriage has been legal everywhere since 2005. And legalizing gay marriage has no affect whatsoever on anyone that isn't gay.

I believe that it became some kind of point of contention in federal elections a couple of years ago? Which struck me as interesting seeing as the only possible explanation I could think of was spillover from other world-politics i.e. the US.
TheSid
TheSid
332 posts
Nomad

Gay marriage should be allowed. It just should. It's like not allowing a jew to be able to marry his love of his live. Or a black person. Or a chinese guy. Being gay is just like any of those - it comes with you. Or, you can gain it later, just like religions, but that doesn't mean we can forbid their love?

I have nothing against gay people, and I don't have a problem with people that do not accept them, as long as they don't want the to be burned. Even if you are against gay people, why forbid their love? Let them be happy, even if you don't accept them.

Riou1231
Riou1231
4,825 posts
Peasant

Who cares about Gay Marriage? Certainly not me we should just let those Gay people get on with their lives

Communist
Communist
522 posts
Nomad

Why wouldn't you want a happy marriage?

Showing 196-203 of 203