ForumsWEPRwhy is america fat

170 72686
fracell
fracell
67 posts
Nomad

is it the lack of exercise stress junk food (go ahead blame the food) or what i think it is technology were so dependant on technology that we stay inside all day with little human contact i am verry fit i go outside everyday run with my dog do 300 pushups a day do benchpresses and curls punch the bag ect. and i joined the navy seals and marine force recon why can no one else do this its the easyest thing in the world tell me about your ideas

• 170 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I think America is fat because we have the best food in the world.

Everyone's going to dispute that.
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

lol. the best food?! hah. its called junk food for a reason.

hamburger - a piece of meat, filled with you-dont-want-to-know, cover with a im-older-than-you-buns, with a french fries-how-its-stay-for-more-than-3-years-without-changing-color?
and thats only one thing. because, in states wher they fight fat, Mc' and other junkyards are getting closed and more healthier food is become the major food, ther is much lower rates of fat kids and etc. peoples are getting fat around the world, not because "everyone have the best food in the world", but because its easier to get fastfood than cook food by yourself. Make your own Schnitzel without deep frying and see its taste the same, but not as fat. eat Vegetables or make your own french fries and see the diffrunce. its not that hard.

MetalHeart
MetalHeart
226 posts
Nomad

I like basketball and soccer
I play them every day

greenplanet011
greenplanet011
207 posts
Nomad

My theory why America is fat.Salads-$5.00 burgers-$1.00

jkl3848
jkl3848
242 posts
Peasant

America is fat because there are more fast food places that easily let you consume thousands of calories in one meal, than there are countries in the world. There are roughly 160,000 fast food places in the U.S., way more if you count the fattening restaurants.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

America is fat because there are more fast food places that easily let you consume thousands of calories in one meal, than there are countries in the world.

That's not saying much, seeing as there are fewer than 200 countries in the world.

But that's not the reason America is fat. Read my first post on page 3 if you want my reasoning.
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

Lets see because they have so much people and because they have tons of fast food places that are cheap and easy to get for people.

maxlus
maxlus
74 posts
Shepherd

America is fat because of a fat comspiration that want to make not only america fat but the world,for after aliens come and eat us all

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

My theory why America is fat.Salads-$5.00 burgers-$1.00

No.....don't blame it all on the suppliers. Simple question to most people. Would you rather eat a big bowl of greens and vinegar or a nice juicy burger and a large side of fries?

Anyways, I think America is not nesscesarily fat but more overweight then most countries,

Overweight is fat.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

I heard soda consumption (especially Cola) is huge in America. Seeing as there are easily one or two dozen sugar cubes in one bottle of Cola, I'd say this plays a certain role.

But again I blame two things: 1) the supplier for manipulating people into buying unhealthy food because it's much more lucrative, and 2) the people for buying that stuff and therefore keeping the demand upright. If you want to do something against bad food, lower the demand; anything else is just symptom treatment.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

If you want to do something against bad food, lower the demand; anything else is just symptom treatment.

Even if healthy food is cheaper, it'll still be hard to wean people off junk they eat now. It's not just junk food, take a look at Southern cuisine by itself....One cup of sweet tea, and you blow your diet schedule for the day.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Not just fast food.*

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

once again. the kind of food doesn't matter.
it's not like america is the only country whit fast food.

it's all about the amount of food consumed.

and fact shows that the american proportions are 2 to 4 times as big as the rest of the world.
and when you have more you use more. it's like that whit everything.
so when you buy a bag of chips it's normale to eat the bag empty in 1 or 2 times. but the amount of chips and a bag in america is like 3 times as much as somewhere els on the planet.

i'm not going to explain the point furter. i guess the people whit logic thinking power already understand the point. as for the others.... to bad, read again =)

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Even if healthy food is cheaper, it'll still be hard to wean people off junk they eat now. It's not just fast food, take a look at Southern cuisine by itself....One cup of sweet tea, and you blow your diet schedule for the day.

It still has a big influence. But you're right, people should be more reasonable generally about what they eat, and most importantly adapt it to their lifestyle. Not anyone can eat anything, as much as free market want us to believe so.

once again. the kind of food doesn't matter.

Right, so the fact that America is the only country where you get bacon milkshakes doesn't matter at all...

it's not like america is the only country whit fast food.

It's not like America is the only one with overweight problem.

and fact shows that the american proportions are 2 to 4 times as big as the rest of the world.
and when you have more you use more. it's like that whit everything.
so when you buy a bag of chips it's normale to eat the bag empty in 1 or 2 times. but the amount of chips and a bag in america is like 3 times as much as somewhere els on the planet.

Reminds me of the 80% rule, coming from this Japanese island where people get so old. Never eat to full satiation (and probably don't eat in between meals either). It surely doesn't hurt^^
wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

I was watching a segment of Dr Oz on TV last week and he brought up some very good points for people, like me who want/need to drop at least 25 pounds and feel they are stuck. Exercise isn't enough, watching what I eat and drinking water instead of diet soda isn't enough.

He said that when we skip meals, cut out fat from our diet or just stop going to McD's suddenly then it triggers an alarm in our brain that tells our stomach, quick, we're going into starvation mode, start storing up fat reserves!.

Of course these are my words in a condensed version of what he said but that's the gist of it.

When we make sudden changes in our diet of the drastic type we have to "work" through the first 2 weeks or so of our bodies natural ability to store up fat. We have to step up the exercise routine and gradually increase the pain level and to be blunt a lot of us are too lazy to alter our metabolism and sweat it out.

Showing 106-120 of 170