ForumsArt, Music, and WritingMy Story

3 3330
wakyswag
wakyswag
181 posts
Nomad

Alright my story is called the sub. this version is open to comments but will not be changed. the final version of this story was made on 3/30/2012 at 7:45 AM. [b]AS I AM TO LAZY, BOLD AND ITALIC HAVE NOT BEEN RESTORED.[/B]

The Sub.
By WaKySwAg

I was awoken by the red flashing lights and the loud siren. HONK! HONK! HONK! Not a very pleasant sound for an alarm clock. I jumped out of my bed and walked down the corridor. There at the end was a split. To the right was the exit, and airlock (for undersea docking). To the left was the Control Room. I swiped my key card and the voice on my MCP+ said, âGood morning, Daedalus! Are you sure you wish to enter the Captainâs Deck?â I responded with a fast âyes,â and the door opened. I stepped in the room filled with red light.
I grabbed the black booklet with the words EMERGENCY PLANS SUB MODEL#223445 printed in white. I flipped the book to match the code flashing on a monitor in front of me. The code read, ER_3_4_ffxe.221-IME. I had no idea what that meant but I figured it was important enough for me to fix it. I flipped through the book until I found the code. The book said ER_3_4_ffxe.221-IME (or on older models ER.3.4.221.MEXX)= Not enough power being sent to engines 3,4, no power to System.ffxe.221, and no power to the computer command system IME (or MEXX on older models).
I figured that there was too much for me to fix by myself, and since we were now floating in circles, I realized that I would need more crew. I grabbed the microphone and shouted out, âAttention all engine repair crew and main deck crew, please report to your stations as we have an emergency code ER_3_4_ffxe.221-IME. To learn more about this error code, please see the booklet at your stations. Thank you.â Then I saw the error lights at each station needed flicking from red to yellow, as workers reported. I tried to speak to my MCP+ assistant, the little chip inside my head. There she was, getting ready to summon Captain Hansogig. I told her he would not be needed as the yellow checked-in-and-fixing-it lights turned to the green all-systems-normal-here light. I flicked the all-crew-up switch and grabbed the green book labeled DAILY WORK AND ORDER BOOK #9 I flipped to the page labeled âAfter Emergency Codes ER_3_4_ffxe. To ER_3_4_ffxe.221-IMEâ and found out I needed to reboot the ffxe.221-IME drive. I glared at the locked control panel that was the system FFEFXV control. I needed that to drive, and an error code was displayed with the yellow small-emergency-no-panic light. The error read âERROR DRIVE LLKFFE.ffxe NOT FOUND ERROR â and told me to flick the âREBOOT SYSTEM ffxe.221-IME Drive. Switch. I flicked the switch, and immediately red error lights turned on and a horn started blowing. A mechanical voice came on that said, âSystem drive ffxe.221-IMEXV Not Found! WARNING! WARNING! WARINING!â I flicked the switch back and the red lights turned off along with the same voice saying âSystem ffxe.221-IMEXV found. WARNING DRIVE FFEFXV NOT OPERANTIONAL! ALL COMPUTER REPAIR STAFF REPORT TO YOUR STATIONS!â I saw the red no-staff lights flick to the yellow some-staff lights, than to the green all-staff lights. As soon as all the workers were at their places then I flicked the âLOCKDOWNâ switch. Immediately I heard the voice say âLOCKDOWN INITIATED LOCKING IN 5, 4,3,2,1 LOCKDOWNâ Now, I thought, my work is done. I got into the built in lockdown-bed and rolled over, going to sleep until the orange lockdown lights turned off, and my MCP+ would alert me to get to work.
Time for some explanations. My name is Daedalus, but please call me Dale. I have worked on the sub since it last docked, three years ago, and my job is to pilot the sub. I work on the sub because I needed money, and I was promised money. I knew that the sub was mainly powered by the large super computers onboard and it used a code from Head Quarters on land as well. Every now and then, like today, an error code would go off demanding and I fix the onboard computers, or the code reader. Recently the code has been carrying less information, which I supposed meant that we were going to dock on land. The job of the sub was to research. Researching what, I was not sure of, but the scientists seemed to know. Every few months, we would stop and build an underwater station and we would dock at the underwater place for about a week. Than we would be off again.
When I finally woke up, the lockdown had finished, and the pilot crew, Howard and Rick, had arrived and were checking the feed-out from the HQ sent code. Then I heard yelling, and a shout of victory from Rick and Howard. Rick shouted across to me, âLook at the feed! The coordinates are a dock! There sending us to land for updates!â
âWhat?â I shouted back. I grabbed the feed and said âDonât lie! Look at the sat map.â I entered the coordinates to find that sure enough there was a dock, with a warehouse, but there was something wrong. No one was there. I looked at the image closer; there on the warehouse was the company logo, but no people. Then I realized what had happened. While our sub was submerged, the company had gone out of business. The computers had been on auto send. They had been auto sending our instructions, our MCP+ computer feeds, everything! It had all been on auto send.
I looked at Rick, who looked at Howard, who looked at me. We had all figured it out. They had lied, it was fake, not true, and nothing was true anymore. I opened the door and strode down the aisle to the passenger bunks, then passed them. I went down to the main computer room. I flung open the door and took a screwdriver to one of the computers. It read IME DRIVE BOX #1 on the door. I flung open the box after popping out the screws one by one. There was what I was afraid of. Real computers. I pulled a wire out here and there. Finally I saw what I wanted to, concrete boxes. I pulled the last microchip out of the way, alarms screamed, and I pried out one side of the box. I heard a nice popping noise and saw it. There under the concrete were three bombs. Next to one of the bombs was a wire labeled EMERENCY IME DRIVE DETONATE WIRE. I pulled out the wire and I ran, and ran, and ran. All the way down the ship. People were pilling into the airlock doors that had small escape sub pods in them. I stepped into the captainâs escape just as the door was closing. The everyone-is-ready light turned on and I pushed the button. Immediately all the pods blasted off, the ballast that kept them down releasing, sending the pods free.
Why had I pulled out the wire? I did it because I was mad, mad that they, the company, had left us, left us for dead. I was angry because I had kept going. It was all supposed to end when we arrived, and they would tell us why the research the sub did was so important. What the research even was, like they would tell me. My job was to take the sub from point A to point B.
Now all the people that were in the sub have been returned to their lives, except me. I no longer have a life. Sure I went back to my house, and sure I went back to what I had, but itâs not the same. The rooms are too large, and not round enough. Nothing is the same as it should be. I still work for the company, just not on the subs anymore. Now I work at the Department of Sub Research (DSR). I was wrong about the company being gone. They are very much alive, just relocated. Nothing is the same. There is a new man in charge.

you like?

• 3 Replies
wakyswag
wakyswag
181 posts
Nomad

sorry, i dont think it like word 2010 to ag... oh well

Tobisper
Tobisper
407 posts
Nomad

Very nice man I like it ^^

wakyswag
wakyswag
181 posts
Nomad

more stories comming soon! i got a lot of these
heres a new one
so yea, this is an english asigntment, and i was given a picture to write about.

I decided the world was going to end when the Eifel Tower started to melt. This was after the Empire State building and the Sears Tower had fallen. I could imagine people running in fear, screaming as the Empire State building fell. I ran away as the tip of the Eifel Tower was starting to point to the earth. I grabbed my dog and I ran as fast as I could. When the other buildings had started to melt something else had happened too, something everyone dreaded. No one knew what because every time it happened, everyone nearby died, cameras went black, and news and internet feed turned off. Everyone there was gone. I kept going, kept running, never stopping, a song stuck in my head as I ran. I started to laugh, a lunatic running for his life laughing. It was ironic, the song was âThe Final Countdown-Europeâ Itâs the Final Countdown! Went my head, my dog was staring at me as I ran for my life, trying to escape the horror that would await the poor souls that stayed.
I jumped into my BMW Z4M; it was 3:00 in the morning. Good thing I had been walking my dog. No traffic, no one to care, and even if they did I wouldnât stop as I put my foot down hard on the gas. Driving like a madman I swerved left, than right, and then left again! Faster, FASTER! screamed my brain, 190 KPH down the Champ de Mars, and I was not going to stop for anything.
I blasted through the tunnel system labeled âCITY EVACUATION ROUTE, THIS WAYâ and I stepped on the gas again. Seeming to glide across the pavement as I skidded sideways towards the end of the tunnel. All the radios were programed to turn on if there was a signal on the âEmergencyâ channel. Suddenly my radio turned on and an announcer said âEveryone, please evacuate, please do not take anything but the emergency packs you have in your car. There is no room for anyone to bring large pets, so please donât.â My tires shrieking, I slide a full 50 feet sideways and blasted out of the tunnel. I could see the city I was leaving behind in the distance. Red arrows were on the side of the road telling me which way to go. I sped up, looking for a way out, and then I saw the next tunnel. I drove towards it as fast as I possibly could. I blasted towards the only exit there, the one labeled Rue de Arc-en or in English âRainbow Rd.â
The engineers had invented âRainbow Roadâ to get everyone out. It was a sort of portal. As your car drove in, the engine would be cut, and you would be transferred through the portal and find yourself at the safe lot, a large spaceship floating in space. When the survivors of enough cities were there, they could just push off neatly for mars, where a colony had been established. Where human beings would again flourish and where everyone could live in happiness.
As I went through the portal, I thought of all the people that would not make it this far, all the innocent lives lost. I watched as families from my city arrived. I stepped out of the car and checked my name off that I had made it. I then walked to a window and looked down at the earth. I saw black burnt marks where millions of people used to live.
Now I am one of the few people floating in space waiting to go to mars. Iâll keep waiting as long as I have to. The day the first building started to melt, the Sears Tower, was Friday, December 21st, 2012. Guess that Mayan calendar was right after all.

Showing 1-3 of 3