Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Metalheart and others brainteasers

Posted Apr 8, '12 at 1:18am

MetalHeart

MetalHeart

214 posts

What has a face and two hands but no legs ?
Answer:A clock/watch

A other :A man and a women are standing on the same piece of newspaper.But they can't touch each other.Why not?

Answer:There's a door between them

Posted Apr 8, '12 at 1:37am

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

Neither of those are original riddles, and you've already given us the answers to them. I don't see the logic behind making an entirely new thread for these two riddles rather than just posting them in a preexisting riddle thread.

And don't give us the answers next time.

Posted Apr 8, '12 at 6:29am

MetalHeart

MetalHeart

214 posts

I am giving the answers because if no one response to my brainteaser that means it's gone

Posted Apr 8, '12 at 9:28am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,166 posts

Knight

If you want your thread to survive, suggestions are to write the riddles in poetry form, so they pass off as Art. Limericks or sonnets can serve a dual purpose of being Art and a riddle.

And of course, make it original. Just a thought if you want to continue this properly.

Posted Apr 8, '12 at 1:08pm

gnosiphile

gnosiphile

51 posts

Just curious, but why does writing a riddle not count enough as writing to you, Nichodemus?

Posted Apr 8, '12 at 11:48pm

MetalHeart

MetalHeart

214 posts

I know one really complicated :
A doctor and a boy are fishing . The boy is the doctor's son,but the doctor isn't the boys father.Who is the doctor ?
Answer : ???????????

Posted Apr 9, '12 at 12:22am

MetalHeart

MetalHeart

214 posts

it isn't that hard

Posted Apr 9, '12 at 1:05am

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

I am giving the answers because if no one response to my brainteaser that means it's gone

People have much less of a reason to respond to a riddle if you give them the answer.

The boy is the doctor's son,but the doctor isn't the boys father.Who is the doctor ?

The doctor is the boy's mother. I answered that same basic riddle on page 5 of the thread I linked to.

Another reason to stick to preexisting riddle threads.

Posted Apr 9, '12 at 1:34am

MetalHeart

MetalHeart

214 posts

Sorry I didn't knew that one was rotten
How about this :
Mary's mother,Mrs Jones,has four children.The oldest,a boy,is called North.The next oldest,a girl,is called South.The third child,a boy,is called East.The youngest child is another girl.What's her name ?

Answer :??????????

Posted Apr 9, '12 at 2:05am

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

Mary. Again, not an original riddle. If you want to post preexisting riddles somewhere, does it not make the most sense to post it in a preexisting riddle thread?

Reply to Metalheart and others brainteasers

You must be logged in to post a reply!