ForumsGamesAnything Elder Scrolls

99 18191
Ningakilla
Ningakilla
64 posts
Nomad

Put anything related to an Elder Scrolls game here. Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, or Skyrim. And you can talk about the DLCs.

• 99 Replies
Ningakilla
Ningakilla
64 posts
Nomad

i know everything there is to know about skyrim,

If that is the case, I'd like to test you on that. I'll start with three simple questions:

What day did the Great War start?

What year did the Great War start?

What year did the Great War end?

If you answer these correctly, I will give you more difficult questions.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

I know alot about oblivion. I know glitches I know where every side quest is. I know what almost every different path does. But I looked it up. I don't just act like I know everything and found it in the game. But I have had Oblivion for a long time.

I love all the daedric shrines and the rewards you can get for them.

I love the weird and special things that the rewards do

Ningakilla
Ningakilla
64 posts
Nomad

I know more about Skyrim than most people, but for different reasons. Most people look stuff up on le internet, wheras I read in-game books, scrolls, and signs. I also ask questions to the characters who know that stuff. Like Delphine, Esbern, Jarls Balgruuf and Elisef, General Tulius, (I killed Ulfric Stormcloak), and Jarl Maven Black-Briar. Those six people will give you all the information you need to know. I also visit Aedric and Daedric shrines to converse with the creatures not from Mundus.

A good idea for a Skyrim DLC: reintroduce Oblivion gates. I had a good time closing them in Oblivion, and I'd like to see Daedra like Scamps, Clannfear, Dremoroth, and Daedroth with the enhanced graphics Skyrim introduced.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

A good idea for a Skyrim DLC: reintroduce Oblivion gates. I had a good time closing them in Oblivion, and I'd like to see Daedra like Scamps, Clannfear, Dremoroth, and Daedroth with the enhanced graphics Skyrim introduced.

How would they be able to reintroduce that with Mehrunes Dagon dead. He is like the Oblivion lord
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

How would they be able to reintroduce that with Mehrunes Dagon dead. He is like the Oblivion lord

He isn't dead and he isn't the Oblivion lord. Mehrunes Dagon is the Daedric Prince of Destruction, Change, Revolution, Energy, and Ambition and his plane is Oblivion. And in TES IV Oblivion he is just banished back to his plane together with his minions. But it would still would be impossible because the gates are closed forever.

He isn't dead he is just banished, together with
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

But it would still would be impossible because the gates are closed forever.

Oh yeah sorry my mistake I forgot. But still you cleared up my point that Skyrim could not have Oblivion gates. I am glad to see that you posted here. I dnt like that the skyrim topic is only for skyrim because there are other great games too with TES
Ningakilla
Ningakilla
64 posts
Nomad

Technically there could be Oblivion gates in Skyrim. At the end of the Dark Brotherhood questline, you assasssinate the Emporor Titus Mede II.

with Mehrues Dagon dead. He is like the Oblivion lord.

A Daedric Prince cannot die. Mehrues Dagon is not the Lord of Oblivion, he is the Lord of Destruction and Revolution. Proof he is not dead is the Daedric Artifact quest Pieces of the Past, in which you speak with Lord Dagon at the end in order to get the Artifact Mehrues' Razor.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Technically there could be Oblivion gates in Skyrim. At the end of the Dark Brotherhood questline, you assasssinate the Emporor Titus Mede II.

It's not the first time an emperor gets assassinated, as long as there were heirs there was no problem.
But with the events in Oblivion it became insignificant whether there is an emperor or not, since the Amulet of Kings was destroyed. My guess is that with the banishing of Mehrunes Dagon back to Oblivion, the gates were closed permanently.
The quest in Skyrim to get a Sigil stone, and the fact you can still summon Daedras, shows however that the links between Nirn and Oblivion planes isn't totally severed, so either Akatosh is watching over Nirn now irrespective of the Dragonfires, or Dagon does not project on invading Nirn so soon again.

A Daedric Prince cannot die. Mehrues Dagon is not the Lord of Oblivion, he is the Lord of Destruction and Revolution.

Even Daedras cannot die, their soul just returns to the source in their Oblivion plane.
Since 'Oblivion' is not a single place, noone is 'Lord of Oblivion'. But each Daedric Prince is Lord over it's own plane of Oblivion, Dagon's being Deadlands, the one we enter through the gates in the game.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Even though I already said my mistake because i HAVENT playey in a while. I like how everyone still corrects me. Yeah he is the Prince of Destruction and Daedra lord. But he is still banished. Besides Mehrunes Dagon doesn't have to be around for people to receive the dagger. They simply need to find it.

More can be found here

Ningakilla
Ningakilla
64 posts
Nomad

Technically there could be Oblivion gates in Skyrim.

Also, the Amulet of Kings, (which is used to light the Dragonfires, and can only be worn by a Dovakiin), is what keeps the barriers between Oblivion and Mundus closed. Emporer Titus Mede is not one of the Dragon Blood. Therefore, he cannot wear the nonexistent Amulet, cannot light the Dragonfires. There is every possibility that Lord Dagon has escaped Oblivion and is plotting his revenge on Akatosh and his child, the Dragonborn. So he could then open more gates to Oblivion and wreak Destruction on Tamriel again.

noone is 'Lord of Oblivion'.

There is no Lord of Oblivion, as there is a Lord of Aedra, but each Daedric Lord is both Lord of their own Plano of Oblivion and Lord of their Sphere.

If you are commenting on my calling the Daedric Princes 'Lord', it is because I dabble a bit in Daedric Worship, and therefore I respect the Lords and call them by their rightful title. There are two or three female Daedric Lords, (if you can classify a Daedroth into male or female), and it isn't right to call a female a prince.

Yes, I worship Daedra, but that dosen't mean I am evil. I worship Azura and Meridia, the two Lords not considered to be evil. I serve them and be their Champion by destroying the evil Daedra that oppose the, you could say, good Daedric Lords.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

the two Lords not considered to be evil.

None of the Daedra lords are really evil they just have their own views. Its like saying the thieves guild is evil because they steal from people. But it inst the thieves fault they are stealing to survive.
The Daedra lords have their own views and opinions. And every quest from the Daedra lords will give you +1 to your Fame in oblivion and nothing to Infamy unless you have to kill someone but in most cases you don't.
Daedra Lords

Azura- Queen of Dawn And Dusk (fairly good)

Boethiah- Prince of Plots (evil and likes conspiracy and deceit)

Clavicus Vile- Good be considered fairly good because most quests he has involve taking out threats to mortals (Umbra)

Hermaeus Mora- Demon of Knowledge (gives the Oghnma Infinium)

Hircine- The Huntsman likes hunting types of things and hunters (How to find a Unicorn)

Jyggalag- has his own daedra called Knights of Order also known as Sheogorath

Malacath- Created by Boethia in a way and the leader of the Orcs and perhaps creator

Mehrunes Dagon- Prince of Destruction change revolution energy and destruction. His followers are the daedra from Oblivion gates and he rules the Deadland (where the the player goes)

Mephala- Also know as webspinner. Can be male or female but mainly female. Watches the affairs of mortals and May be Hermaeus Moras Sibling

Meridia- Hates the undead. Spriggans are her gaurdians. Relatively good

Molag Bal- King of ****. Likes to imprison mortals Daedroths are typically his servants. Rumor has it that he created the first Vampire

Namira- Lady of Decay ruler of the dark and shadows. Is considered to be the ruler of insects

Nocturnal- Lady of the Night gives the famous skeleton key that can open any lock

Peryite- The weakest and ordered with the lowest task in oblivion

Sanguine- Both light and dark sides of passion and his sign is on ***** houses. Probably a party type of lord

Sheogorath-(My Favorite) the Mad-god he was Jyggalag. He is the main Daedra behind the Shivering Isles DlC and was once thought to be good

Vaermina- Nightmares. Considered a to be a real demon and tortures mortals
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

There is every possibility that Lord Dagon has escaped Oblivion and is plotting his revenge on Akatosh and his child, the Dragonborn. So he could then open more gates to Oblivion and wreak Destruction on Tamriel again.

Why should he escape Oblivion? Deadlands, the plane we enter through the gates ingame, is his plane of Oblivion, his home.

There is no Lord of Oblivion, as there is a Lord of Aedra, but each Daedric Lord is both Lord of their own Plano of Oblivion and Lord of their Sphere.

Which is the same. And basically repeating what I said

If you are commenting on my calling the Daedric Princes 'Lord', it is because I dabble a bit in Daedric Worship, and therefore I respect the Lords and call them by their rightful title. There are two or three female Daedric Lords, (if you can classify a Daedroth into male or female), and it isn't right to call a female a prince.

Nay, even the Daedras who appear in their female form are Daedric Princes, since they are not female or male in essence, but only choose to appear so.

Mr_Sand is right about the good/evil thing, Daedras can't be jduged after these mortal concepts; they have their own ways. After all they're Padomaic entities and with exception of Lorkhan, not linked to the creation of Nirn and thus not linked to Nirn in any way. Aedras however are Anuic entities and thus more bound to it, and although they aren't really good/evil either, they are more or less in line with mortal concepts. Azura simply appears to be good because of her interest in the Chimer/Dunmer, but one can question her motives since she always gets her will (except in Skyrim).

I'd suggest a few links from the UESP:

- aedra">Daedra
- Aedra

And here are links to explain what I meant by Anuic and Padomaic entities, you can also read more about it in the creation myths section:

- [url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Annotated_Anuad]The Annotated Anuad

- Anu
- Padomay
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Crap, sorry for the links. Here, this should be fixed (I added some more):

- Aedra and Daedra
- aedra">Daedra
- Aedra
- Anu
- Padomay
- The Annotated Anuad

I am a little confused about Lorkhan now after rereading the Aedra-and-Daedra book, but it seems he's an Aedra with Padomaic bias 0.o

Ningakilla
Ningakilla
64 posts
Nomad

Deadlands, the plane we enter through the gates ingame, is his plane of Oblivion, his home.

Do note that he left the Deadlands during the Seige of Kvatch and the Battle for the Imperial City.

Why should he escape Oblivion?

Dagon has had roughly 200 mortal years to escape his banishment, and he would be PO'd at Akatosh for banishing him in the first place. So he would most likely take revenge on Akatosh as closely as he could. That would most probably be attacking the Dragonborn whenever possible, and opening Oblivion Gates near Dragon roosts to kill them. Be reminded that Akatosh is a Dovah, and granted the Dragon Blood unto the Aylieds. Akatosh's other children are the Dragons themselves. Paarthunax talks of this quite often, and so does Alduin, (Paarthunax is Alduins' brother). For Dagon to hunt both Dovah and Dovahkiin would be a devastating blow against Akatosh, should he be successful.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Do note that he left the Deadlands during the Seige of Kvatch and the Battle for the Imperial City.

Only during the siege of the Imperial city, Kvatch was destroyed by the Daedric Siege Crawler.

But yeah, I know he's been out once. I'm just saying the way you're telling it sounds as if he fled/is trying to flee from his plane, though actually he was simply invading another one and banished out of it back to his home. Apart from that I think we agree with one another.

Be reminded that Akatosh is a Dovah,

No, but his avatar is a dragon and dragons are his kin/creation. He himself is an Aedra. Nitpicking, I know, but still

The rest that you say, well it kinda makes sense for Dagon to hold a grudge towards all children of Akatosh, indeed. I'm simply still unsure whether he could invade Nirn again or not. I don't know any mention that would definitely answer that, but here are two comments I find interesting:

"But if the Empire should slacken in its dedication to the Nine Divines, or if the blood of Alessia's heirs should fail, then shall the barriers between Tamriel and the Daedric realms fall, and Daedra-worshippers might summon lesser Daedra and undead spirits to trouble the races of men."
- Amulet of Kings by Wenegrus Monhana

"When that barrier was threatened during the Oblivion Crisis, Martin Septim was able to summon Akatosh's spirit and transform himself into the avatar of Akatosh, which appeared in the shape of a giant dragon made of fire. This avatar dragon defeated Mehrunes Dagon, reestablishing the mystical barrier between Tamriel and the Daedric Realms."
- UESP article on Akatosh

The way it sounds here, is that with the interruption in the Septim bloodline, the barrier fell, and with the banishing of Dagon, it was reestablished. Keep in mind that when it was reestablished, the amulet was already destroyed, so somehow the barrier holds on it's own.
My guess is that Akatosh is now holding the barrier anyway; the amulet is gone, there's no heir to the Septims and it is mentioned nowhere that the new emperor would have been blessed with dragon blood (one possible although debated criterium for holding the amulet and lighting the dragonfires).
Or maybe the Dragonfires were lit by Martins Akatosh avatar and now simply need to be entertained. After all it's the Dragonfires who keep the barrier upright.

Or see it that way: if there was no barrier, what's stopping all Daedras to freely enter Nirn and wreak havoc? The fact it didn't happen is more than enough for me to think they cannot do so.
Showing 31-45 of 99